The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 22, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,606 of 23,668
Guys, keep in mind ‘64 has probably invested some serious $ in R&D for the new lineup. Anyone looking for better pricing could always turn to their local dealers for a quote. For anyone in EU I might be able to offer a little help :)

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #1,608 of 23,668
Guys, keep in mind ‘64 has probably invested some serious $ in R&D for the new lineup. Anyone looking for better pricing could always turn to their local dealers for a quote. For anyone in EU I might be able to offer a little help :)

This, I got 20% discount at my local dealer when I placed the order 2 months ago. My Fourte should be here next week.

Note that I'd refrain on naming the dealer to avoid them getting in trouble with 64 audio.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,609 of 23,668
This, I got 20% discount at my local dealer when I placed the order 2 months ago. My Fourte should be here next week.

Note that I'd refrain on naming the dealer to avoid them getting in trouble with 64 audio.

I as well got the 20% discount for the Fourté and A18 but went with Fourte. Won’t be naming dealer but thanks if you’re reading this.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1,613 of 23,668
Yeah, can’t believe the U18 and Fourte were applicable on their previous sales but then chose to exclude them on Black Friday. Beats me. I’m actually eyeing the Zeus as well since I can pick that up along with the Vega and still have cash to spare compared to buying the Fourte. TBH, 64 Audio pricing scheme is getting out of hand.

Zeus and Vega will be quite the nice combo for you to have. I loved the Vega, had it for months, only sold them cause I'm thinking of CIEMs now. I hear the mids/vocals on the Zeus are kinda the best out there, but it's weak on bass. If those two had a baby I'd buy it on the spot. But in the meantime, you owning both is a great solution :ksc75smile:

I'm lucky enough to own both, and can attest to the fact that they are excellent counterparts to each other in terms of tuning. If EE can add some bass smack down to their midrange special sauce, than that withdraw be the ideal sound for me.

That being said, my U8 can run the Vega close on some things when I'm looking for a rich and musical listening session - not spent any time with the higher end 64 models, but always think the U8 doesn't get the credit it deserves in the $1k bracket.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,614 of 23,668
@twister6 This is a really interesting picture:
64audio_u12t_trio-x05.jpg

One of my only gripes with the U6 was that the stem was too long, causing some discomfort and leading me to doubt whether or not I should consider the U10 or U12. It seems from this picture that all the newer models have shorter stems, which, if I see it correctly, is really great! Might add a bit more comfort over the older shells.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #1,615 of 23,668
@twister6 This is a really interesting picture:
64audio_u12t_trio-x05.jpg

One of my only gripes with the U6 was that the stem was too long, causing some discomfort and leading me to doubt whether or not I should consider the U10 or U12. It seems from this picture that all the newer models have shorter stems, which, if I see it correctly, is really great! Might add a bit more comfort over the older shells.

Keep in mind, as I mentioned in the review, those are Sample X & Y aluminum shells from RMAF show, not the final production shells. In terms of the nozzle/stem, Fourte looks nearly identical to Samply Y (Trio), and U18 looks nearly identical to Sample X (U12t). From the pictures of the production samples, they look identical to Sample X/Y as well, so I don't expect any surprises. And indeed, when you compare it to the original U12, pictured above in the middle, the new ones look shorter but you have to take into consideration a wider base.

Take a look at these pictures of U6, U12, and U18.

64audio_u18-45.jpg 64audio_u18-46.jpg 64audio_u18-47.jpg 64audio_u18-48.jpg

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #1,616 of 23,668
may be more comfortable with a shorter stem, also may be less of a good seal (YMMV, of course).

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,617 of 23,668
Hello Head-fiers, we understand that some of you are disappointed that the Universal-Fit models with tia technology are not a part of our Black Friday sale this year. Since last year, our international distribution network has grown significantly and it has changed our distribution business model.

We value your business, if you’re located in North America, please reach out to our customer support team with any questions and I'm confident that we’ll be able to help you.

Phone: 1-503-746-8510
Email: info@64audio.com

- Vitaliy, Founder & CTO

Last edited:
64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Nov 22, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #1,620 of 23,668
357A2CA1-D2E1-4EA1-A45D-8A4C12125DCC.png Good news

Users who are viewing this thread

Back