The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,636 of 23,686
Seems so...

It was the right ear piece. It had some distortion with the lows that wasn’t fixed by changing the APEX modules or source.

Regardless I am so happy with the way the Fourté sounded that I have zero desire to try any new gear for a significant amount of time.

I may look into a DAP now instead of using my Mojo + iPhone combo but that’s not something I care enough to do at this moment.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,637 of 23,686
It was the right ear piece. It had some distortion with the lows that wasn’t fixed by changing the APEX modules or source.

Regardless I am so happy with the way the Fourté sounded that I have zero desire to try any new gear for a significant amount of time.

I may look into a DAP now instead of using my Mojo + iPhone combo but that’s not something I care enough to do at this moment.

And this is how it all starts.. Hahahaha next thing you know you’re spending 2k on something you never even imagined to spend your money on. If you can get an AK240 though that would be a nice setup.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,639 of 23,686
Tired of the U6? Congrats

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,640 of 23,686
The addiction hit again. Just ordered new A12t. I have the U4SE and U6. Lets see if the jump is huge.

Probably a good idea for you to avoid CanJam NYC :wink:

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,643 of 23,686
Twister6 you are probably correct. I was told I am at front of line.
No wait for after JAM rush.

Can’t wait to more impressions of them..

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,644 of 23,686
I emailed 64 to see if it would be possible to pay them to upgrade an A12 to A12t, and they confirmed at this time it's not. That's kind of a bummer for you guys with A12s, as the line is now discontinued it seems and replaced with the A12t, with no option to trade up or in for the Tia version. I hope they reconsider their stance on this as upgrading $2000 CIEMs at the same pace of yearly iPhone's is a bit unappealing to me, more-so now that all A12s moving forward seem to have Tia. Otherwise I continue to love and support 64 for all that they do.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #1,645 of 23,686
They made their top end models a little less expensive but also made their lower priced options even more expensive while removing the previously lower priced models all together... I’m sure a little frustrating for some.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #1,646 of 23,686
I emailed 64 to see if it would be possible to pay them to upgrade an A12 to A12t, and they confirmed at this time it's not. That's kind of a bummer for you guys with A12s, as the line is now discontinued it seems and replaced with the A12t, with no option to trade up or in for the Tia version. I hope they reconsider their stance on this as upgrading $2000 CIEMs at the same pace of yearly iPhone's is a bit unappealing to me, more-so now that all A12s moving forward seem to have Tia. Otherwise I continue to love and support 64 for all that they do.

Hi pfurey89, the A12 model was originally released in Sept 2015, so the design is a little more than 2 years old. The reason that we're not able to do an upgrade on them is because the A12t has a different driver setup than the A12 model (specifically the mids and tia high drivers). The driver arrangement is different with tia technology. We apologize for the inconvenience!

- Vlad

[edited post for accuracy]

Last edited:
64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Nov 24, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #1,647 of 23,686
Hi pfurey89, the A12 model was originally released in Sept 2015, so the design is a little more than 2 years old. The reason that we're not able to do an upgrade on them is because the A12t doesn't share any drivers with A12 model. It is a complete redesign with tia technology. We apologize for the inconvenience!

- Vlad

Totally get that! I am just very much into the new Tia stuff, if you were able to institute a one time only upgrade path (like your previous Flagship Upgrade) I am certain you'd find a lot of people who'd be willing to make it both worth your while and theirs.

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,649 of 23,686
Is there no “rush” option for when you buy the fourte? 5-6 weeks wait without any IEM is torture.

Always have a backup. Even a cheaper one. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back