The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #23,371 of 23,598
When it comes to DAPs, would you say that a FiiO DAP or a Hiby would suit the Volur better? I am considering the FiiO M23 or the HiBy R6 Pro II
Which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you :)

In my experience, 64 Audio IEMs have LID so they don’t change much between DAPs or DAC/amp and honestly sound decent right out of Apple dongle. If you care a lot about soundstage imaging and resolution, then yeah, I find these IEMs very “transparent.” Thus, which one of these DAPs sound better would be highly subjective, or might be totally inaudible depending on your ears and library. I would concern more about battery. R6P2 does not have great battery life, though no worse than my DX300. We will need to wait and see about the new FiiO DAP.

No matter how many iems I listen to, u12t always take a special place in my heart

High five!

I've been wanting to try Tia Fourte more and more, but am confused by the reviews about the harsh high frequencies

Fourte is an acquired taste, IMHO.

When people complain about harsh high, they can talk about many parts of the response. In my experience, with 64 Audio IEM, one needs to wear them a bit deeper, otherwise the upper treble can be a bit difficult on the ears. The stock widebore eartips work quite nicely.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #23,374 of 23,598
In my experience, 64 Audio IEMs have LID so they don’t change much between DAPs or DAC/amp and honestly sound decent right out of Apple dongle. If you care a lot about soundstage imaging and resolution, then yeah, I find these IEMs very “transparent.” Thus, which one of these DAPs sound better would be highly subjective, or might be totally inaudible depending on your ears and library. I would concern more about battery. R6P2 does not have great battery life, though no worse than my DX300. We will need to wait and see about the new FiiO DAP.

High five!

Fourte is an acquired taste, IMHO.

When people complain about harsh high, they can talk about many parts of the response. In my experience, with 64 Audio IEM, one needs to wear them a bit deeper, otherwise the upper treble can be a bit difficult on the ears. The stock widebore eartips work quite nicely.
I 100% agree on the insertion depth comment. Especially trying to get the nozzle right at the end of a tip. The trio and fourte or most affected by this but it helps others too.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #23,375 of 23,598
I just plugged the U12T into my Woo Audio WA6 2nd Gen with Eros S cable. The sound is unreal

Attachments

• 64 woo.jpeg
    64 woo.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #23,376 of 23,598
When it comes to DAPs, would you say that a FiiO DAP or a Hiby would suit the Volur better? I am considering the FiiO M23 or the HiBy R6 Pro II
Which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you :)
I tried the M23 at CANJAM its a little treble bright but is kind of awesome

Attachments

• m23.png
    m23.png
    691.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #23,377 of 23,598
Lotsa love for the 12t here today! It’s nearly 2 years since I took the plunge on the A12t, and it’s been a reassuring “happy place” for me ever since

IMG_4165.jpeg

Paired with a fairly transparent/neutral DAP like the R8 ii, and that bespoke silver/graphene 4-wire cable, the A12t disappears in my ears and I forget I’m listening to an IEM, such it the perfect clarity it delivers.

I really have no idea where the “boring” meme got started around this IEM. Every time I listen with it I get completely lost in the music itself, and it’s one of only a few IEMs I’ve ever heard that I start to really crave about 5 or 10 minutes after putting them away after a session.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #23,379 of 23,598
Lotsa love for the 12t here today! It’s nearly 2 years since I took the plunge on the A12t, and it’s been a reassuring “happy place” for me ever since

IMG_4165.jpeg

Paired with a fairly transparent/neutral DAP like the R8 ii, and that bespoke silver/graphene 4-wire cable, the A12t disappears in my ears and I forget I’m listening to an IEM, such it the perfect clarity it delivers.

I really have no idea where the “boring” meme got started around this IEM. Every time I listen with it I get completely lost in the music itself, and it’s one of only a few IEMs I’ve ever heard that I start to really crave about 5 or 10 minutes after putting them away after a session.
Yeah, I find this IEM good for sitting back and soaking in the entire sound scape, the “hear-everything” IEM in my collection. It’s good at showing all the macro elements of the mix, and also good at micro details when “zooming” into individual part. At the same time, bass is good. U12T + R8II + Turbo Class A is as good as it gets for foreseeable future, IMHO.

Fit is important though. I’m very annoyed by the upper treble when I use spinfit tips. Having a CIEM to push the TIA driver all the way in sounds like a good idea.

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #23,380 of 23,598
Fit is important though. I’m very annoyed by the upper treble when I use spinfit tips. Having a CIEM to push the TIA driver all the way in sounds like a good idea.
austin-powers-dr-evil-3.gif

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #23,381 of 23,598
Mar 17, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #23,383 of 23,598
I tried the M23 at CANJAM its a little treble bright but is kind of awesome

I had the FiiO M11 Plus for around 2 weeks back in January 2024 - now returned and fully refunded - and it sounded really-really great with my Volür on stock cable and tips! Compared to my Mojo 2, I can say that, for me personally, the FiiO sounded equally pleasing but different.

Since I already own the BTR7, though, I've decided to give the HiBy R6 Pro 2 a try this time. Amazon UK says it will arrive tomorrow, together with a SanDisk 512GB Ultra microSDXC card, so we will see...

Earlier, this year, I've also tried the HiBy Digital M300 but I was not impressed at all from its sound quality. This one has also been returned and fully refunded.

I've made a small Excel sheet to compare the tech specs between the FiiO M23 and the HiBy R6 Pro 2.
Looking at this sheet in the year 2024 and knowing what it means to be a FiiO customer (...), I am not that impressed from the M23, so I genuinely hope Hiby will deliver this time!

I do not really need a DAP. Due to my lifestyle, my use case is 90% Bluetooth and this is fully covered from my iFi GO Pod. I would just like to buy a decent DAP to not miss out on the experience.

Attachments

• dap.png
    dap.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #23,384 of 23,598

I had the FiiO M11 Plus for around 2 weeks back in January 2024 - now returned and fully refunded - and it sounded really-really great with my Volür on stock cable and tips! Compared to my Mojo 2, I can say that, for me personally, the FiiO sounded equally pleasing but different.

Since I already own the BTR7, though, I've decided to give the HiBy R6 Pro 2 a try this time. Amazon UK says it will arrive tomorrow, together with a SanDisk 512GB Ultra microSDXC card, so we will see...

Earlier, this year, I've also tried the HiBy Digital M300 but I was not impressed at all from its sound quality. This one has also been returned and fully refunded.

I've made a small Excel sheet to compare the tech specs between the FiiO M23 and the HiBy R6 Pro 2.
Looking at this sheet in the year 2024 and knowing what it means to be a FiiO customer (...), I am not that impressed from the M23, so I genuinely hope Hiby will deliver this time!

I do not really need a DAP. Due to my lifestyle, my use case is 90% Bluetooth and this is fully covered from my iFi GO Pod. I would just like to buy a decent DAP to not miss out on the experience.
Please report back on hiby once you have it!

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #23,385 of 23,598

Users who are viewing this thread

Back