The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 31, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #3,436 of 23,662
I'm trying to decide between the u12t or a12t. Anyone have a personal experience between the two and can comment on their comfort and sound quality?
I am kicking off the US 12/trio tour this week and have both my custom 12t and the tour U12t. They both essentially sound the same with a great seal, and the universals get a reasonable seal if I don't move. However, if I am active I have to keep adjusting the universal as the SQ drops significantly for me due to my hard to fit ears. So the custom is a must for me, but YMMV.
I was told that Fourte (or Trio) requires a specific shape of acoustic chamber so that they do not have any plan to make custom for these models.
They have not written the custom Fourte'/Trio option off yet, but the difficulty in producing consistent SQ due to the acoustic chamber means that it can be a long time before we see the option come available. Or they may decide against it if tech changes in the meantime - but I am still hoping.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #3,437 of 23,662
Wait @twister6 it matters which side the connectors are plugged into? I assumed it didn’t matter which side of the cable plugged into left or right. I plug the R cable into the R headphone if the cable indicates which is which, but some of my cables aren’t marked

What I meant is the polarity of 2pin connector. I didn't mean to flip between L and R sides, but to pick either side and rotate/flip the 2pin connection 180 deg, just change polarity of 2pin connector on one side. Some manufacturers make a mistake when soldering. In theory, 2pin connector has + and - pins, but it doesn't matter which one, as long as both L/R sides are consistent. But if one side is flipped, you will hear this phasing effect between the sides. Typically, if you look closer at the plastic mold near the base of 2 pins, one side will have a notch between the pins and that side typically has to face outward. But as long as both sides are outward or inward, the sound will be in phase. There is no issue with flipped 2pin connectors when you have pre-shaped earhook - you know it will always go one way over your ear, and you only need to worry about which side is left/right (if connectors have a poor marking, it's easy to check with Balance control of your DAP/source). But when you have cable without memory wire or earhook, you have to be aware of Left/Right sides and also consistent polarity of pins between L/R sides.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #3,438 of 23,662
I've had my a12t for a week now; my ears aren't too goodbut here are some impressions.

Signature is warm and rich with an emphasis on bass, surprisingly detailed and transparent. Bass is authoritative and powerful, with lots of rumble. So much rumble that it feels like the iems and my ear canals are shaking with bass heavy tracks. Mid bass impact has a rounder, softer punch than other BA bass; I prefer this because I don't like really punchy bass but YMMV. Bass does not bleed into other frequencies. Mids are warm but also slightly less in volume. They are adequately detailed, sounding very natural and life-like even though it is a little recessed. Nothing is missing from the highs this time around; good treble extension with plenty of air to create a spacious stage. Articulation is good but definitely wasn't tuned to stand out. Overall very transparent for its signature, definitely a technical step up from the old a12.

A good source is a must, my desktop DAC sounds far more natural while maintaining detail than my phone (lg v30).

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #3,439 of 23,662
Take one connector, L or R, and flip it (reverse 2 pin connection, there is no memory wire, so it should be OK). Do you hear the difference? If one 2pin connector soldering is flipped, you will have a phasing effect where it sounds weird, with a phasing imbalance between the sides. Does it sound better?
Thanks bro. I flipped the L side, sound is balanced now. :ksc75smile:

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #3,440 of 23,662
If you have a multimeter on hand, you could follow this picture below to check which side is incorrect.

2pin config 01.jpg

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #3,444 of 23,662
I apologize if it was mentioned here before, but is 64 Audio working on a Tia Fourte type CIEM?

Nothing has been confirmed or denied, but considering N8t is hybrid and CIEM only - gives a hope that maybe they will consider CIEM Fourte?

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #3,445 of 23,662
Edit post - question was already answered.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #3,446 of 23,662
Thank you guys! Very helpful, I can’t believe I didn’t know that

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,447 of 23,662
Hey guys! I'm Daniel, a reviewer for TheHeadphoneList.com, and I'm happy to announce that I've started a dedicated thread for Music Sanctuary's Project K and its flagship debut - the revamped 64Audio A18Tzar known as the Soundwriter. In order to refocus the 64Audio talk here (which I will contribute to soon with impressions of the U6t, N8t and U12t), I'd like to kindly suggest that thread as an avenue for discussion in all things K and Soundwriter. There, you'll find information on the initiative itself, plus content (including impressions and interviews) from @flinkenick of THL, @marcusd of Headfonics.com, @WayneWoondirts of Headfonia.com and myself! Please feel free to post impressions if you managed to hear the IEM at CanJam SG, and please be nice while you're there. :wink: Here's the link: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mus...cussion-and-impressions.876188/#post-14145281 Enjoy! :D

Photo courtesy of Music Sanctuary

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #3,448 of 23,662
Since we talked about @PLUSSOUND Tri-Copper cable pair up with 64 Audio IEMs in this thread, if anybody is interested I posted my full review of this cable with more detailed analysis (including U18t and Fourte, among other iems). You can find the review here. For my personal taste, I prefer Tri-Copper with Fourte more than with U18t.

Are your apex modules green or am I going colorblind? If so, did you repaint them or something else? I've only ever seen m15 and m20 modules come in gunmetal and silver.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #3,450 of 23,662
what happened with the budget models of the universal series?
U4, U6, U10 will be reborn as U4t, U6t and U10t??
or the company will focus only on the custom models??

Regards ✌️✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back