The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 9, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #6,961 of 23,682
First time i see someone said that U18t is warm. Its very interesting. :ksc75smile:
Im dying cus of waiting for my second A18t. It will deliver later next week.
Btw im looking for a truely portable dap that it can pair well with A18t. A small dap that can easily put into jean pocket to carry arround. Any recommendations ?

The QP2R is small and sounds really good.

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #6,963 of 23,682
Nah its big lol. Im looking for something small like hiby r3. Im carrying 2 phones now, so I don’t want anything big and heavy. I’m interested in dtr1 right now, I don’t know that anyone in here have tried it yet ?
An extremely portable DAC that you can use with your phone - Dragonfly Cobalt comes to mind

I currently use the AK SR15, I love the pairing with the A18t and it's pretty small by modern DAP standards

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #6,964 of 23,682
Nah its big lol. Im looking for something small like hiby r3. Im carrying 2 phones now, so I don’t want anything big and heavy. I’m interested in dtr1 right now, I don’t know that anyone in here have tried it yet ?

Small is relative I guess since it may mean different size for individuals just like headphones. Small to one may be big to anther. I have two phones, but I forward one number to the other now as I got tired of carrying them both. Two SIM cards in one phone would be ideal, which is available now.

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #6,965 of 23,682
An extremely portable DAC that you can use with your phone - Dragonfly Cobalt comes to mind

I currently use the AK SR15, I love the pairing with the A18t and it's pretty small by modern DAP standards

I think he's looking for a DAP, not a DAC.

If small's the thing, that new FiiO thing—that's also a bluetooth receiver amp/DAC combo—looks promising.

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #6,966 of 23,682

Nah I don’t like DAC. I will check that ak later.
I think he's looking for a DAP, not a DAC.

If small's the thing, that new FiiO thing—that's also a bluetooth receiver amp/DAC combo—looks promising.
I don’t like bluetooth things but i will check it later too.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #6,967 of 23,682
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #6,968 of 23,682

How about the original shanling m0? or fiio's copy version of it, m5? But you have to keep in mind, these smaller daps (including r3) are made for convenience as their top priority, or to use them as a small digital transport to drive external dac/amp; they will not be able to match resolution of higher end models. Probably the smallest flagship I have access to is Plenue L, it's relatively compact, but headphone jacks are on the bottom, the opposite side of volume knobs and when you put it in your pocket and want to have those knobs facing up, the headphone plug better be angled or you use right angled adaptor (like those 2.5mm to 4.4mm musicteck is selling).

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #6,969 of 23,682
HI everyone,

I've been having some serious trouble with driver flex and popping sound with these iems. the popping or crinkling sounds come out when I push them into my ear (not forcefully, just regularly) and/or when i turn my head left or right. Not only is this problem annoying like when in the middle of listening to a great song, you hear a pop that completely takes you out of it, but also this driver flex causes major pain. Has anyone else experienced this with these iems and to what degree? Thank you all very very much. this is a major problem for me.

Make sure the apex vent is not blocked (small pinhole vent on the inner side of the shell), and the same for dynamic driver vent (the large vent at the edge of the shell). The pop of driver flex usually happens when there is not enough room for air to escape, so it pushes on the diaphragm of DD. You can also try to relax the seal (try one size smaller eartips). In some other iems, a popular mod is to put a small string or something along the nozzle when you slide the eartip, thus breaking a seal by creating a small gap in there.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #6,970 of 23,682
Make sure the apex vent is not blocked (small pinhole vent on the inner side of the shell), and the same for dynamic driver vent (the large vent at the edge of the shell). The pop of driver flex usually happens when there is not enough room for air to escape, so it pushes on the diaphragm of DD. You can also try to relax the seal (try one size smaller eartips). In some other iems, a popular mod is to put a small string or something along the nozzle when you slide the eartip, thus breaking a seal by creating a small gap in there.
i also heard of people using a small pin and poking a small hole on the stem of the eartip, between the opening of the eartip and the end of the nozzle. they said this works completely.

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #6,971 of 23,682

Shanling m0 a little underpowered for you?

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #6,972 of 23,682
How long after Impressions are received before production starts? My impressions were received yesterday.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #6,974 of 23,682
For anyone concerned about Fourte sibilance, PW no. 5 8 core might be an alternative for you. Smooooth........yet still nicely detailed. Very nice cable for not a stratospheric price. My personal taste might still lean towards the Eros II 8. Want to spend more time with this combo though.

PW no. 5.jpg

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #6,975 of 23,682
Curious about the order status page in the email they send you.

I checked the impressions on file option since I had my A3s done about a bit more than a year and sent in my impressions then.

But the page seems to indicate they're waiting for my impressions despite the order showing the on file option? Oversight on the web pages part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back