The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 15, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #7,036 of 23,568
Got a question. I accidentally cranked up a lot of volume the wrong way on my chord mojo amp and played music with Tia Fourte plugged in.
It has only played sound for a split second super loud. Afterwards, I thoroughly listened and noticed no distortions or any sound anomalies.

Just wondering if a super loud output could blow these kinds of IEM or if anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks
If the iems were in your ears, then you'll have to watch out for anomalies in your hearing for a few days. I blasted my ears with the mojo by turning it to line out mode with my iems and I lost my hearing in my left hear at 17khz and above. This hearing loss didn't come to my attention until about 3 days after that incident. Now a lot of stuff sounds wonk

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #7,037 of 23,568
If the iems were in your ears, then you'll have to watch out for anomalies in your hearing for a few days. I blasted my ears with the mojo by turning it to line out mode with my iems and I lost my hearing in my left hear at 17khz and above. This hearing loss didn't come to my attention until about 3 days after that incident. Now a lot of stuff sounds wonk
This kind of incident is the main danger when it comes to IEMs and powerful sources - generally speaking put the music on, then put the IEMs in your ear - start the song again haha

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #7,038 of 23,568

It is actually exactly what happened. IEMs were in my ears when mojo was wrongfully cranked up well beyond line out volume and blasted through them. So it must be my hearing that got affected and not the IEMs.
Music is slowly starting to sound more or less normal after a day or two though.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #7,039 of 23,568
It is actually exactly what happened. IEMs were in my ears when mojo was wrongfully cranked up well beyond line out volume and blasted through them. So it must be my hearing that got affected and not the IEMs.
Music is slowly starting to sound more or less normal after a day or two though.

Wow thats so horrible maybe go see an audiologist see if you got any hearing damage. I dont wanna scare you but if it dont come back to normal after few days it could be a permanent damage....

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #7,040 of 23,568
One loud blast can cause permanent hearing loss, so be careful of where the volume knob resides when putting in IEMs.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #7,041 of 23,568
Thats a problem with cord devices. You cant see where the volume is set at. Its not as intuitive as a physical knob volume lets say...
Or a digital indication in a dap....

I had few times issues of that sort and i never ever plug headphones in my ears till i started the dap first then my ears... that way if it was super loud at least your ears are safe

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #7,042 of 23,568
Thats a problem with cord devices. You cant see where the volume is set at. Its not as intuitive as a physical knob volume lets say...
Or a digital indication in a dap....

I had few times issues of that sort and i never ever plug headphones in my ears till i started the dap first then my ears... that way if it was super loud at least your ears are safe

I always have my DAP on and know the volume setting before putting in IEMs. Same with my headphones as I set the Milo volume all the way down before putting on headphones. At least with headphones, you can hear it is loud before it gets on your ear easier than you can with IEMs.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #7,043 of 23,568
Wow thats so horrible maybe go see an audiologist see if you got any hearing damage. I dont wanna scare you but if it dont come back to normal after few days it could be a permanent damage....

I appreciate the concern. Since mojo was connected to Poly and its being glitchy during start up so, it sounded more like a loud static for a split second. I should be fine. Ears feel a bit tingling and it feels more like a listening fatigue if anything. I am normally very careful about the volume checking on mojo, but it was that one time late at night.

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #7,045 of 23,568
https://www.headfonia.com/64-audio-fourte-noir-review/ - so the new IEM is a limited edition Noir Fourte, with somewhat warmer tuning and they also seem to have fixed the highs. They use something similar to the FiR audio 8-wire cable which is pretty good news, as FiR makes really, really good cables. The internal wiring upgrade is also pretty welcome (oddly enough it is similar/same to the upgrade FiR will be performing on my A18t)

All in all, I feel like the "new" Fourte is pretty much what the original Fourte should've been, this doesn't feel like an upgrade as much as it is a fix of the current issues of the Fourte

10/10 for design though, hats off to them for that black body

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #7,046 of 23,568
Ok I still don’t regret my decision to buy the U18t just 2 weeks before this is finally being presented to the world. From design perspective though, even though I love my stuff all black, I must admit I prefer the original Fourte a bit more. The copper faceplate fits that orange-ish top part of the Fourte more IMO.

And based on reading that review, this is more like a better Trio in a sense? I already have the Trio when I want my music to be more musical but is it worth another $3800 to get a super jacked up Trio though?

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #7,048 of 23,568
Ok I still don’t regret my decision to buy the U18t just 2 weeks before this is finally being presented to the world. From design perspective though, even though I love my stuff all black, I must admit I prefer the original Fourte a bit more. The copper faceplate fits that orange-ish top part of the Fourte more IMO.

And based on reading that review, this is more like a better Trio in a sense? I already have the Trio when I want my music to be more musical but is it worth another $3800 to get a super jacked up Trio though?
I'd also take the U18t over the fixed Fourte any day of the week

Yeah I'm also surprised they doubled down on how musical the Fourte sounds, the old one was already up there - IMO they should've fixed the top end siblance without making the IEM warmer as a whole, because the original Fourte was also pretty warm

The price is ridiculous imo, why would a limited edition cost more than the standard? Most limiteds I've seen are worth the same as their original counterparts - after all it is the same drivers, but simply tuned differently.

I am surprised that this is a limited edition run though, I think they might sneak the fixes into future Fourtes

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #7,049 of 23,568
This release unfortunately reeks of cashgrab to me. Tacking another $200 to an already extravagantly expensive product, making it limited to 500 units, and giving it a retune which, at least on measurements, is so minor that changing tips would have a larger effect. The whole thing feels almost lazy to me. You’d think that if they really wanted to make a proper Fourte 2.0 they’d try to fix a lot of the incoherency problems people have noted on the original. Instead we have it tuned even warmer than the original, which may or may not kill detail (and based on that review it very well seems to have) and reduced treble, which was actually one of my gripes with the original, so kudos on that. But everything else is still the same, when you could realistically speaking just use foam tips instead of dropping close to four grand.

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #7,050 of 23,568
This release unfortunately reeks of cashgrab to me. Tacking another $200 to an already extravagantly expensive product, making it limited to 500 units, and giving it a retune which, at least on measurements, is so minor that changing tips would have a larger effect. The whole thing feels almost lazy to me. You’d think that if they really wanted to make a proper Fourte 2.0 they’d try to fix a lot of the incoherency problems people have noted on the original. Instead we have it tuned even warmer than the original, which may or may not kill detail (and based on that review it very well seems to have) and reduced treble, which was actually one of my gripes with the original, so kudos on that. But everything else is still the same, when you could realistically speaking just use foam tips instead of dropping close to four grand.

Well said. I’m sticking to my U18t and Trio. Got both ends covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back