The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #7,021 of 23,568
So 64 Audio should never strive to improve? This happens to all of us and even on non audio devices. Buy the latest PC processor and a new one might come out soon after.

You’re projecting.

Apple makes a decent phone, and they try to improve it. They tell customers a new one is on the way. The consumer looks at new features and decides if they want the old one, or wait a month or two for the new one.
A&K makes a totl dap, but the sp2000 wasn’t a surprise. It was a big deal, but people knew it was coming and if they want the latest and greatest they know how long they have to wait.

When a new processor is coming out on a new pc or a new Mac, it’s leaked in advance. Mac rumors has a ton of info and apple’s press releases.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #7,022 of 23,568
What does a used pair of U12's (Adel) non tia sell for in excellent condition ? Gotta start building up my hobby bank account for the new 64 product.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #7,024 of 23,568
You’re projecting.

Apple makes a decent phone, and they try to improve it. They tell customers a new one is on the way. The consumer looks at new features and decides if they want the old one, or wait a month or two for the new one.
A&K makes a totl dap, but the sp2000 wasn’t a surprise. It was a big deal, but people knew it was coming and if they want the latest and greatest they know how long they have to wait.

When a new processor is coming out on a new pc or a new Mac, it’s leaked in advance. Mac rumors has a ton of info and apple’s press releases.
To add to this - a few months back I was about to purchase an IEM from campfire audio at the Munich High End and they told me to hold off as they have a new model in the works that I might like more.

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #7,026 of 23,568
They told me at CanJam that this was only going to be a universal, so if any of the flagships is being superseded—and I suspect that will be the case—it will be the Fourte, and not the 18.
If it does replace the Fourte as the new TOTL, did you hear if 64Audio will provide an upgrade path for original owners? Tks.

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #7,027 of 23,568
They told me at CanJam that this was only going to be a universal, so if any of the flagships is being superseded—and I suspect that will be the case—it will be the Fourte, and not the 18.

This aligns with what I remember being said about it. I do recall that despite being unpainted there were those apex exhaust vents u find on the trio/fourte. They also mentioned it was a new flagship but not replacing anything, so my guess is that it will be the new tia series flagship.

Either way, I'm super stoked it's coming next week.

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #7,028 of 23,568
Currently looking into a pair of the A12ts, I have a pair of beyer T1s and final audio D8000 being powered through a WA8 I love them both for different reasons. Can anyone give any comparisons to these? That would be extremely helpful!

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #7,029 of 23,568
I'd contact 64 Audio. It looks like a ring that keeps the screen in place. I think my Fourtes have this ring also, but it's hard to tell because the whole shell is black.

Yeah they will send the ring to my friend who also happen to own a CIEM company and he will help me install it. I checked my Trio as well, and although at first I don't the Trio has that ring, after reading your comment I went back to check the Trio again closely and yes it's there. Pretty sure Fourte has them too.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #7,030 of 23,568
--wrong thread-- opps

Attachments

• 20190712_205111.jpg
    20190712_205111.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #7,031 of 23,568
Why send it back for them to charge you a fee and shipping cost, super glue or use some type of adhesive, if you send it back that what they going to do
I would just glue them together but IMHO the problem is that nearly half of the sealant rubber that is supposed to go all around is not there.
It just seems to me this was not assembled properly from the beginning.
Why would half disappear during the course of 1.5 years of normal usage?

U18t problem (2).jpg

Anyway I'll wait for their reply before trying to fix things myself..
This is still an amazing IEM, and I don't want to have a half DIY product that costed me 3k $. :)

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #7,033 of 23,568
Women: You can never imagine what it feels like giving birth. The pain, the struggle....
Men:
Well my heart did stop for a moment, I needed a few seconds to realize what happened.

btw, my wife is pregnant, I'll use the above, thnx! :)

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #7,034 of 23,568
Got a question. I accidentally cranked up a lot of volume the wrong way on my chord mojo amp and played music with Tia Fourte plugged in.
It has only played sound for a split second super loud. Afterwards, I thoroughly listened and noticed no distortions or any sound anomalies.

Just wondering if a super loud output could blow these kinds of IEM or if anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #7,035 of 23,568
Got a question. I accidentally cranked up a lot of volume the wrong way on my chord mojo amp and played music with Tia Fourte plugged in.
It has only played sound for a split second super loud. Afterwards, I thoroughly listened and noticed no distortions or any sound anomalies.

Just wondering if a super loud output could blow these kinds of IEM or if anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks
IEM drivers are generally pretty tough and take a lot of punishment. It seems to be really minor things like a 3ft drop that do in much more often than a sudden volume spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back