The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,531 of 23,578
I’ll see if i can get a pair to review. Have you tried both? What are your impressions of them.

Yes I demo’d the Zeus XR and the fourte. The Fourté is much more to my sound signature preference over the Zeus. Very similar sounding to the Andromeda to my ears but just better in every single way. The clarity of the Zeus is exceptional and truly amazing. Very comfortable with fit and awesome isolation too. Plus the switch on the XR is awesome although I found myself almost exclusively listening to the XIV setting.

If you like a lot of bass Zeus may not be for you. It doesn’t necessarily lack it but it’s far from bass head levels.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,532 of 23,578
Nov 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #1,534 of 23,578
Which model would you recommend for somebody just trying to enjoy some music? Also which one would you guys consider to be the sweet spot price - performance?

Of the 64 line my personal opinion after listening to them all back to back to back and over again, is that the U8 is the best bang for the buck. I personally thought it sounded better or as good as the U12. I could not really tell them apart and for the price, the U8 everyday. Unless you dont like bass at all, and the U8 is not strong bass, it just has bass. Its very fun to listen to.

The U6 was nice as well, just not as clear and not as much bass as the U8. My stopping point would be the U6, dropping below the U6 is a drastic sound quality change to my ears.

One thing I would encourage you to do is demo them as well as other brands. I really liked the U8 but in the end I liked a different brand more. Its really really, cant stress that enough, up to YOUR ears.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #1,535 of 23,578
I really wish I could try out Empire Ears Zeus XR to see how they stack up against Tia Fourté

Like someone else said they are sooo different from any 64 IEM especially the Tia.

My opinion is that the Empire Ears are the clearest, most analytical IEM I listened to. Even their lower models, but especially the ZEUS. I didnt like the lower models or the XR, just the R. Why? Because they are all very forward sound. My head just couldn't deal with the forward sound and it actually hurt my ears. But the Zeus R is not forward and is amazing. So clear. So detailed. And the Empire Ears were the only IEM I listened to in two days that I had to turn the volume down on my Fiio X5. They are super sensitive and noticeably so.

But, compared to the Tia its just a totally different sounding IEM. Tia is just soo smooth and to me not even kind of analytical but much more musical.

Again these are my opinions and everyone hears differently. I narrowed down to two IEM after demoing for 10 hours over two days, and one of them was the Zeus R.

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,538 of 23,578
I don’t think 64 Audio has confirmed this. I’d wait for an official announcement from them

Nothing official from 64audio.

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #1,539 of 23,578
Of the 64 line my personal opinion after listening to them all back to back to back and over again, is that the U8 is the best bang for the buck. I personally thought it sounded better or as good as the U12. I could not really tell them apart and for the price, the U8 everyday. Unless you dont like bass at all, and the U8 is not strong bass, it just has bass. Its very fun to listen to.

The U6 was nice as well, just not as clear and not as much bass as the U8. My stopping point would be the U6, dropping below the U6 is a drastic sound quality change to my ears.

One thing I would encourage you to do is demo them as well as other brands. I really liked the U8 but in the end I liked a different brand more. Its really really, cant stress that enough, up to YOUR ears.

I have been planning on buying the U18 since I auditioned it on the tour, however, just had a thought about asking if you or any others had an opinion which of the other 64 Audio offerings would be most similar to the U18. I know it's on a whole different level... but I thought I'd ask.

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,540 of 23,578
Yup nothing heard from 64 Audio atm about Black Friday Sale

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #1,541 of 23,578
I was looking to get a U8 or U10, or a Campfire Vega (unlikely since i hear it's bass heavy), or an Empire Ears Hermes VI. I listen to mainly rock and heavy metal music, so i'm not looking for "basshead" headphones. How would the U8 or U10 contend vs these other IEMs?

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #1,542 of 23,578
U8 is way, way to basshead-y to me, moreso than the Vega. Vega has a lot of bass, but a lot of treble, as well. U8 lacks treble. U10 is one of the most balanced of 64s line up, besides U18.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #1,543 of 23,578
U8 is way, way to basshead-y to me, moreso than the Vega. Vega has a lot of bass, but a lot of treble, as well. U8 lacks treble. U10 is one of the most balanced of 64s line up, besides U18.

Thank you for the response. How would you say the Vega compared to the U10 is? Based on your experience, which do you feel would be best for what i'm going for?

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #1,544 of 23,578
Thank you for the response. How would you say the Vega compared to the U10 is? Based on your experience, which do you feel would be best for what i'm going for?

Hard to say to be honest. I liked the Vega and owned one, but I don’t listen to metal much. It was amazing for edm, Sigur Ros, etc. u10 is smoother but a little slower. Highs aren’t as good. I’d look into an Andromeda for metal, they’re super resolving and have a ton of instrument separation and less bass than Vega

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,545 of 23,578

Users who are viewing this thread

Back