The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 22, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #1,591 of 23,584
Empire ears offers 20% off for EVERYTHING.
If 64 Audio offered even just 15% off the higher end models, I will jump on it in a heartbeat.
15% off tia models in music sanctuary.
(prices in singapore dollars)

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,592 of 23,584
15% off tia models in music sanctuary.
(prices in singapore dollars)

Thanks for the heads up, but the price before discount is actually higher than buying direct after converting from SGD to USD. Furthermore, I’m from North America, so pricing for fast overseas shipping is going to be hefty.

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1,593 of 23,584
This years’s Black Friday sale is pretty bad. How are none of the higher end models on sale? Even their sale back in spring was better where the Fourte and u18 were applicable.
It goes against their philosophy of continually escalating prices so that they are beyond the reach of mere mortals. See, they come out with a flagship at $1.5k above their most expensive current offerings, then a few months later release a more "budget-friendly" version of the new flagships, to trick you into thinking they're somehow being value-oriented.

Next flagships will subsequently sell at $5k, and the more budget-friendly option (cause you know, they have your wallet in mind), will cost $4-4.2k.

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #1,594 of 23,584
Im really surprised 64audio not extending their Black Friday sale to their higher end products. People wait around all year just to be able to snag an opportunity to get the more costly ones at a good discount. Just seems like a really good opportunity missed for them. I’ve really been contemplating the empire ears Zeus product but I’m a little hesitant after spending so much time reviewing 64audio product, guess it time to review Zeus... Sucks right now... ugh!

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #1,595 of 23,584
It goes against their philosophy of continually escalating prices so that they are beyond the reach of mere mortals. See, they come out with a flagship at $1.5k above their most expensive current offerings, then a few months later release a more "budget-friendly" version of the new flagships, to trick you into thinking they're somehow being value-oriented.

Next flagships will subsequently sell at $5k, and the more budget-friendly option (cause you know, they have your wallet in mind), will cost $4-4.2k.

Agreed, 64 Audio is definitely the main culprit in pushing flagship prices. Hope other companies don’t follow suit and ruin the IEM industry

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,596 of 23,584
Im really surprised 64audio not extending their Black Friday sale to their higher end products. People wait around all year just to be able to snag an opportunity to get the more costly ones at a good discount. Just seems like a really good opportunity missed for them. I’ve really been contemplating the empire ears Zeus product but I’m a little put off after spending so much time reviewing 64audio product. Sucks right now... ugh!

Yeah, can’t believe the U18 and Fourte were applicable on their previous sales but then chose to exclude them on Black Friday. Beats me. I’m actually eyeing the Zeus as well since I can pick that up along with the Vega and still have cash to spare compared to buying the Fourte. TBH, 64 Audio pricing scheme is getting out of hand.

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #1,597 of 23,584
Yeah, can’t believe the U18 and Fourte were applicable on their previous sales but then chose to exclude them on Black Friday. Beats me. I’m actually eyeing the Zeus as well since I can pick that up along with the Vega and still have cash to spare compared to buying the Fourte. TBH, 64 Audio pricing scheme is getting out of hand.
Zeus and Vega will be quite the nice combo for you to have. I loved the Vega, had it for months, only sold them cause I'm thinking of CIEMs now. I hear the mids/vocals on the Zeus are kinda the best out there, but it's weak on bass. If those two had a baby I'd buy it on the spot. But in the meantime, you owning both is a great solution :ksc75smile:

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #1,598 of 23,584
Zeus and Vega will be quite the nice combo for you to have. I loved the Vega, had it for months, only sold them cause I'm thinking of CIEMs now. I hear the mids/vocals on the Zeus are kinda the best out there, but it's weak on bass. If those two had a baby I'd buy it on the spot. But in the meantime, you owning both is a great solution :ksc75smile:

Keep an eye on EE. :wink:

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,599 of 23,584
To try Zeus I think you have to pay full price then they refund you when you send them back. I’m not going to start a Zeus conversation.. Tia still has a place in my heart.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,600 of 23,584
After thinking my purchase decision over I had to make some adjustments... sound wise and good financial sense. First off, I just couldn’t come to spending sooo much money on a customer in-ear monitor so I decided to get the Tia Fourté for better resale value for when it’s time to resell, if i ever get the urge... and will go with Ultimate Ears UE18+Pro instead.. basically 1k with promotion and just be happy with that. I can deal with 1k in my ears for customes but anything much higher I’m just put off.

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,602 of 23,584
I've heard there's something along those lines in the works, looking forward to it! :ksc75smile:

I think empire ears will be the company to knock some sense into 64audio regarding price to performance if the “keep an eye on EE” means anything remotely to what I’m thinking it means. Lol....

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #1,603 of 23,584
Haha, can't wait for 64 Audio's next flagship.
See if they are going to take their already ludicrous pricing to absurd new heights.
Hopefully, the Fourte and U18 will be cheaper by then

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #1,604 of 23,584

I loved the Zeus R, wow the vocals and separation were amazing. They were in my final two pick, but like you said the Bass was a tad off and they are more along the lines of 100% reference and I wanted something with a tad more Bass. But they sounded freaking amazing. They were the first IEM I had ever listened to that I could tell FLAC from 320 MP3.

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #1,605 of 23,584
If I would to guess, I think TIA probably should make its way into other U2-U10 iems.

Regarding why flagships didn't make BFS list, has anybody contacted 64 Audio directly, asking about it? Can you negotiate a better pricing if placing the order this week, due to BFS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back