The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #2,476 of 23,578
To those who felt discomfort with customs and had to get them refit, does it feel unconformable when you leave your mouth open (same position at the time you took your impressions)? I'm wondering if closing my mouth will induce discomfort because the canal will constrict, pressing against the bone/cartilage with greater pressure. I had mine taken in the open-mouth position with a bite block.

I had mine done with bite block as well. My right was amazing, left not so much. If I closed my mouth it was like someone was stabbing me in the ear with a screw driver. Or even if I had my mouth open and moved my lower jaw to the right it was the same pain. I sent them back and had them shorten the length of the left. Came back and no problems.

Some things you can get used to, that one was not a get used to it problem. Rest of the fit was perfect, seal etc, just that stabbing when closing mouth. Hope that helps a little.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #2,477 of 23,578
Hi all. About to purchase a 2nd hand u8. How do I definitely know it's a U8 and not a U6/U4 since they all look the same? I read there's like a little inscription on the iem but could someone tell me where? Or a photo of it would be nice.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #2,478 of 23,578
Hi all. About to purchase a 2nd hand u8. How do I definitely know it's a U8 and not a U6/U4 since they all look the same? I read there's like a little inscription on the iem but could someone tell me where? Or a photo of it would be nice.

Hi @matique

I have the U8 and you can tell if it's a U8 (rather than a U4 or U6 etc) as they all have an engraving on the back of the iem - it has the model number (U8) and then a Serial number that will start with a 'U' and then 5 numbers - see a photo of the back of mine (I have blurred my serial number out!):

U8.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers
:beerchug:

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #2,479 of 23,578
Hi @matique

I have the U8 and you can tell if it's a U8 (rather than a U4 or U6 etc) as they all have an engraving on the back of the iem - it has the model number (U8) and then a Serial number that will start with a 'U' and then 5 numbers - see a photo of the back of mine (I have blurred my serial number out!):

Hope this helps.

Cheers
:beerchug:

Thank you so much! Will look out for it.

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #2,483 of 23,578
Do anyone's a12t Current Build Step moved to status other than In Production?
My shells were printed for the 3rd time and made it through "assembled" for the 2nd time yesterday (the other assembly happened Wednesday). Yesterday was the completion of week 6.

Side note: Since I hadn't followed up from my previous post. I'd contacted 64-Audio about the state of my a12t's. After a handful of emails we determined that they'd emailed me upon received impressions stating the build timeline was 4-5 weeks; but the build timeline was actually 5-6 and the email template hadn't been updated. They were going to provide free overnight shipping, and they were expected to ship this week (assembled & serialized Wednesday; reprinted, processed, and reassebmled yesterday). In the event they became delayed again, Isabel was going to reach out and update me. If they make it through the rest of the process today (and ship) I'll be amazed. I'm guessing sometime next week. Trying to be patient, losing that battle.

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #2,484 of 23,578
At the end of the day I got the U12, for a relatively good price though my wallet cried a little. It's the older version that accepts both ADEL and Apex modules.

Currently using it with S1 module. Wow, reviews weren't kidding when they said these had lots of bass. Man these have A LOT OF BASS. But they're top quality bass and pretty damn fast too. I don't understand why people say these have little treble, these have great treble and i find that even the upper treble has a slight boost? Idk, primary findings. I find it very well extended, smooth and detailed, but in lesser quantity than the Andromedas. I probably would find the M15 module to reduce the bass and increase treble a little, but atm these are definitely fun IEMs. Another thing I instantly realised was the big soundstage and incredible separation. I was expecting busy metal passages to be congested but it just isn't. Powered by my venerable DX80 whilst my ZX300 is under repair for a dead battery.

I'm quite floored and very very happy with this purchase. Perhaps I might look into the A12T...once orders have stabilised and only if there's a good promotion. These would be my fun warm IEMs, the Andros would be my more neutral but coloured IEM, and the UERR for ruler flat tuning for editing videos.

2 questions:

1) Is it worth it to purchase the MAM module, and where is the cheapest place to purchase them (also looking for the M15)? At USD$200 for the MAM the price is a little scary for such tiny things.
2) What's everyone's favourite tips? I started with spinfits and then settled with JVC Spiral Dots. I took a core out of a comply, cut it in half and used them as spacers to fit the Spiral Dots. They're great, just wondering if there's a better option.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #2,485 of 23,578
At the end of the day I got the U12, for a relatively good price though my wallet cried a little. It's the older version that accepts both ADEL and Apex modules.

Currently using it with S1 module. Wow, reviews weren't kidding when they said these had lots of bass. Man these have A LOT OF BASS. But they're top quality bass and pretty damn fast too. I don't understand why people say these have little treble, these have great treble and i find that even the upper treble has a slight boost? Idk, primary findings. I find it very well extended, smooth and detailed, but in lesser quantity than the Andromedas. I probably would find the M15 module to reduce the bass and increase treble a little, but atm these are definitely fun IEMs. Another thing I instantly realised was the big soundstage and incredible separation. I was expecting busy metal passages to be congested but it just isn't. Powered by my venerable DX80 whilst my ZX300 is under repair for a dead battery.

I'm quite floored and very very happy with this purchase. Perhaps I might look into the A12T...once orders have stabilised and only if there's a good promotion. These would be my fun warm IEMs, the Andros would be my more neutral but coloured IEM, and the UERR for ruler flat tuning for editing videos.

2 questions:

1) Is it worth it to purchase the MAM module, and where is the cheapest place to purchase them (also looking for the M15)? At USD$200 for the MAM the price is a little scary for such tiny things.
2) What's everyone's favourite tips? I started with spinfits and then settled with JVC Spiral Dots. I took a core out of a comply, cut it in half and used them as spacers to fit the Spiral Dots. They're great, just wondering if there's a better option.

The MandarinEs Symbio W (found on eBay) is a great choice.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #2,487 of 23,578

2 questions:

The MAM worked well for me, but I heard that depending on your ear anatomy, some people suffered w/ flopping w/ the MAM. I never had that issue, but from a personal choice, the best out of all the ADEL modules and APEX, I felt that the M15 goes better with smoother and bassier IEMs.

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #2,488 of 23,578
Just ordered some Symbio W tips for my Fourté. I use the small comply tips so hopefully the small Symbio fits me fine

Is there a place we can order these in the US? Shipping time is ridiculously long... for me at least.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #2,490 of 23,578
Yeah, it's basically just the one guy running his business, and shipping does take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back