The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 18, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #3,091 of 23,588
You do realise you are being a little impatient right, we have been spoilt by 64audio's and empire ears' customer service. Most companies will take a couple days to reply. Have some patience, you have plenty of time to open a dispute if u wish to
Impatient ? I dont think so man. The first message i sent is right after i purchase, i asked about the cable. Second one, i asked about shipping on 2nd day or 3rd day i forgot. I sent 3rd message a few hours ago. Now just a few mins it will turn to 5th day, but i haven't received any reply from them. I do business, i reply any messages from my customers immediately when i have time. But never taken that long to replh and i haven't seen any company took that long to reply too.
I can wait for making cable or shipping. But i dont like they ignore their customer like that.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #3,092 of 23,588
Thanks again for the insightful suggestion. I was thinking about these 2 options. I have Horus but also some others including Eros II+. In this sense, probably it is better going with the short adapter so that I don't need to worry about the matching with the short cable of the pigtail version. But the reason why I'm using Mee adapter is its L shape. On the go, I often put WM1Z in the pocket of my jacket. If the adapter sticks out too far, there is a possibility of inflicting additional pressure on the adapter + plug that may increase the risk of unwanted pressure to the socket.
BTW, I heard that Janus will be terminated only with 2.5mm plug and come with a pigtail adapter either to 3.5mm or 4.4mm plug. That's a great marketing decision, I think. Maybe I should wait for Janus to get a pigtail adapter with short Janus cable. I know matching will be a problem...
You can look at the Musashino or the Brise Audio 4.4>2.5mm cables..
Amazon.jp or e-earphone.jp or fromjapan.jp
Pentaconn also makes L-plugs termination for 4.4mm

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #3,093 of 23,588
Impatient ? I dont think so man. The first message i sent is right after i purchase, i asked about the cable. Second one, i asked about shipping on 2nd day or 3rd day i forgot. I sent 3rd message a few hours ago. Now just a few mins it will turn to 5th day, but i haven't received any reply from them. I do business, i reply any messages from my customers immediately when i have time. But never taken that long to replh and i haven't seen any company took that long to reply too.
I can wait for making cable or shipping. But i dont like they ignore their customer like that.
Fair enough, I learnt to be extremely patient when dealing with the whole trinity audio fiasco

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #3,094 of 23,588
@hung031086 : Normally Penon is fairly good in term of customer aftersale service & response. I suggest you try the another channel directly to his facebook.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #3,096 of 23,588
I had the opportunity to sample the entire JH line today.
The Roxanne was loud and disappointing; the Lola intriguing although a touch dull; but the Layla was delicious!
So balanced and clean; wonderful to listen to even with a lowly MP3 source.

Can anyone compare the Layla with the 12t?

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #3,097 of 23,588
You can look at the Musashino or the Brise Audio 4.4>2.5mm cables..
Amazon.jp or e-earphone.jp or fromjapan.jp
Pentaconn also makes L-plugs termination for 4.4mm
Thank you for the info!! Will look into them!!

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #3,099 of 23,588
<upon further reflection, decided wasn't worth it.>

oh, common man, I was so looking forward to more Penon audio discussion in 64 Audio thread :p

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #3,100 of 23,588
Since we have been talking about Penon Audio GS849 vs OS849 cables and their pair up with A/U18t, here is my short take on how these 2 compare, based on how I hear it (w/SP1000 SS and Plenue 2 mk2 used as sources).

penon_gs849-19.jpg

GS849 vs OS849 - While they both have a similar soundstage expansion, many other aspects of the sound are different. GS gives U18t a deeper sub-bass with a little more mid-bass impact. In comparison, OS sub-bass doesn't go as deep. Lower mids have a little more body with GS, while more neutral with OS. Upper mids are brighter, more revealing, more transparent with OS, while GS upper mids presentation is less forward and smoother in comparison. Also, the treble with OS is brighter and airier, while GS is a little smoother and more controlled. If you want a smoother and more natural upper mids/treble with deeper bass impact, GS will be the way to go, while OS gives you more transparency, better retrieval of details, and more airiness.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #3,102 of 23,588
A12t vs Layla ??
Anyone? Twister?

Sorry, I wanted to respond earlier but my kids wanted to play... priorities :wink:
A12t has a higher resolution over all, a bitier sub-bass grunt that keeps surprising me on a daily basis. It is kinda hidden from the picture, but gives it still great dynamics. A12t can throw one of the meanest punches, don't think that's something bad, because it will wow you.
Layla has a fuller body, goes maybe a tick deeper into sub-bass, but does that softer. A12t's bass is faster. Layla has a warmer colouration, with softer highs. As you noted she's pretty forgiving.
A12t's sound stage to me is bigger in width and en par in depth. It layers at a higher rate, separates instruments clearer and has an airier top with that sick TIA extension.
If you want to be wowed go for A12t, if you just want to enjoy your music Layla is a good bet.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #3,103 of 23,588
Sorry, I wanted to respond earlier but my kids wanted to play... priorities :wink:
A12t has a higher resolution over all, a bitier sub-bass grunt that keeps surprising me on a daily basis. It is kinda hidden from the picture, but gives it still great dynamics. A12t can throw one of the meanest punches, don't think that's something bad, because it will wow you.
Layla has a fuller body, goes maybe a tick deeper into sub-bass, but does that softer. A12t's bass is faster. Layla has a warmer colouration, with softer highs. As you noted she's pretty forgiving.
A12t's sound stage to me is bigger in width and en par in depth. It layers at a higher rate, separates instruments clearer and has an airier top with that sick TIA extension.
If you want to be wowed go for A12t, if you just want to enjoy your music Layla is a good bet.

I'm in awe by your reply. A magazine review level, my friend .. Many, many thanks!

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,104 of 23,588
A12t vs Layla ??
Anyone? Twister?

I did a lot of comparison between A12, Layla, and Roxanne last year at the Denver Can Jam. The 12t was not officially out but they had the demo X and Y there and one of them was the 12t. Its a tough call to be honest. Of the 3 I liked the 12t and the Roxanne the best. All three sound amazing, good overall sound from low to high. In the end I liked the Roxanne because it was a lot more fun and wow to listen to for my ears. I would highly recommend that you demo them and see what you like vs asking someone for their opinion. I have never see a more individually subjective hobby than this one, as everyone hears differently.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #3,105 of 23,588
I did a lot of comparison between A12, Layla, and Roxanne last year at the Denver Can Jam. The 12t was not officially out but they had the demo X and Y there and one of them was the 12t. Its a tough call to be honest. Of the 3 I liked the 12t and the Roxanne the best. All three sound amazing, good overall sound from low to high. In the end I liked the Roxanne because it was a lot more fun and wow to listen to for my ears. I would highly recommend that you demo them and see what you like vs asking someone for their opinion. I have never see a more individually subjective hobby than this one, as everyone hears differently.
The old Roxanne or the newer one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back