The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Jan 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #301 of 354
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #303 of 354
Saw that video awhile ago. Looks really good. Not sure what the story is all about but it kind of reminds me of that movie Virus that takes place on that military ship.

I just started playing Outlast on the PS4 last night since its free for PS Plus members. Pretty scary game.

May 21, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #304 of 354
With a lot of fantastic looking horror games coming out in 2014; I decided to sacrifice the goat and bring this thread back from the dead!

Playing DreadOut right now; a wonderful throwback to FatalFrame!

May 25, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #305 of 354
WhiteCrow, you wouldn't be a Resident Evil fan would you? Something about your username reminds me of another user from a RE forum...

Anyways I am looking forward to the remake of Resident Evil Survivor, or rather a re-imaging of it. It's called Resident Evil: Behind The Mask, and it's going to be a remake of Survivor, but in the style of RE1-3! Look it up on Youtube. This game is being built for PS1 hardware and looks incredible. I can not wait for the demo of it to come out.

May 27, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #306 of 354
  WhiteCrow, you wouldn't be a Resident Evil fan would you? Something about your username reminds me of another user from a RE forum...

Anyways I am looking forward to the remake of Resident Evil Survivor, or rather a re-imaging of it. It's called Resident Evil: Behind The Mask, and it's going to be a remake of Survivor, but in the style of RE1-3! Look it up on Youtube. This game is being built for PS1 hardware and looks incredible. I can not wait for the demo of it to come out.

I am, but I'm not who you are thinking of on the forum, I rarley go there. I had an eye on this as well; looked pretty awesome, still cant wait for "The evil within".

May 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #307 of 354
I also can't wait for The Evil Within but luckily there are other cool games coming out soon - Among the Sleep on 29th and The Forest, which is one of the most anticipated games by me is coming out on Early Access in 3 days.

May 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #308 of 354
  I also can't wait for The Evil Within but luckily there are other cool games coming out soon - Among the Sleep on 29th and The Forest, which is one of the most anticipated games by me is coming out on Early Access in 3 days.

Thanks for bringing The Forest to my attention, haven't heard about it before now.  Will pick it up this Friday.

May 29, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #309 of 354

Thanks for bringing The Forest to my attention, haven't heard about it before now.  Will pick it up this Friday.

holy damn, I forgot it came out friday.....my weekend is ruined. Side note, I noticed The Evil within comes with a pre-order bonus.....health packs, ammo, and gunnz; seriously...stop trying to take all the horror out of horror games.

Gettinh more hyped....oh lord. http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/123534/The+Evil+Within+-+Hands-On+Impressions/?scid=social_20140529_24912676

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #311 of 354
  The Forest is very much still an Alpha version but fun so far.

thats the general consent on the web it seems; some have deemed the game simply unplayable at this point. How is the town building working so far?

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #312 of 354
Well, unplayable is a bit strong word aside from the cases where people can't actually play the game coz they can't get past the loading screen. Also, a lot of complaints about very low fps making the game unplayable. It seems that both issues might be cause by the game having problems with certain ATI cards, which is a strange coincidence following all the watch dogs rant about the ATI issues. Otherwise, the game definitely has issues but it's in like version v.01, so things should get better, especially with the money the studio has made by now from the early access sales coz they probably rushed the game even before it being into a public alpha stage coz they needed the money. A lot of things need work, especially those mutant cannibals who attack you like 5 minutes into the game and they keep doing it all the time, so it's kinda hard to get into the surviving and crafting stuff while running for your life. As far as I remember these freaks were supposed to attack you only during the night, so that you have time during the day to gather resources and prepare. And those freaky birds constantly flying around your head are quite annoying. Otherwise, crafting seems solid but it takes ridiculous amount of resources to craft most of the stuff and at the current rate of attacks it's quite hard. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #313 of 354
I had no problems loading, I am getting light effect issues in the caverns which make it easier to play actually.

Most of the other functionality works, was only able to play for an hour and was fighting off attackers so I have been unable to complete any building.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #314 of 354
There is no way I can wear headphones whilst playing a horror game - especially at night.  Even something like Bioshock scares me witless with headphones on. Then again, I still leap into bed so no-one under my bed can grab my feet and drag me under.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #315 of 354
  There is no way I can wear headphones whilst playing a horror game - especially at night.  Even something like Bioshock scares me witless with headphones on. Then again, I still leap into bed so no-one under my bed can grab my feet and drag me under.

thats okay, I was playing DreadOut and screamed so loud I made a dog bark across the street...it was not a masculine moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back