The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 23, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #4,442 of 4,802
Far from a portable solution lol. Thanks for the clarification though.
I imagine the power draw depends on how you’re using it—how loudly you listen, the headphones you’re driving with it, etc. If you’re worried about your phone’s battery, why not just stick with bluetooth mode? Personally, I don’t find that the sound quality improves much when plugged into my phone. It just gets louder. IMO it’s the PEQ that sets the Qudelix apart, not its power.

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #4,445 of 4,802
I’m interested in the PEQ piece of the 5k only. Is it possible to use this with my computer and my existing Topping A90/D90 pro stack in this fashion? What would be the best way to connect the whole chain?
Just connect to your USB port.
Yup, then 3.5mm out to your amp.
This is a bad idea. Yes, you could do this, but I most definitely would not.

You would be running the signal through two separate amplifiers (Qudelix and A90) and you’d turn your nice Topping D90 DAC into a useless paperweight. While the Qudelix is fine for mobile use, its measured noise and distortion levels are well within audible range, so you’d be introducing some significant noise and distortion into your chain just for PEQ. Not remotely worth the trade off.

Since you’re using a computer as your source, there are free software PEQ options and many players and streamers have built-in PEQ that will do very little harm to the audio signal. However, if you decide that you absolutely need a standalone device for PEQ and other DSP tools, look into getting something from miniDSP (both the Flex Digital and SHD have digital inputs and outputs and thus do no additional DA or AD conversion for signal processing).

The Qudelix is an excellent device for your pocket, but not for your desktop.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #4,449 of 4,802
I am selling my Qudelix, i've found the listening directly from my pc mush more enjoyable, bass is way too present in the native sound of the Qudelix for ex., and i sometimes get this red and blue light switching without being able to pair the device: i have not a single second to waste on these electronic devices. And the death of south Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun ("Parasite"), dead while being investigated for illegal drug use (mainly cannabis ! What?) got me thinking about the south Korean society and the repression happening there.

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #4,450 of 4,802
I am selling my Qudelix, i've found the listening directly from my pc mush more enjoyable, bass is way too present in the native sound of the Qudelix for ex., and i sometimes get this red and blue light switching without being able to pair the device: i have not a single second to waste on these electronic devices. And the death of south Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun ("Parasite"), dead while being investigated for illegal drug use (mainly cannabis ! What?) got me thinking about the south Korean society and the repression happening there.

So obviously all Chinese brands are out. Cannabis is also illegal in Germany and Japan, so all German and Japanese brands are out as well. Meze is also out, as cannabis is illegal in Romania. Focal? Forget it. B&W and other British brands? Same. B&O? Same.

What does that leave you?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #4,451 of 4,802
I am selling my Qudelix, i've found the listening directly from my pc mush more enjoyable, bass is way too present in the native sound of the Qudelix for ex., and i sometimes get this red and blue light switching without being able to pair the device: i have not a single second to waste on these electronic devices.
I’m stumped as to why a Qudelix is being compared to a PC. Very different use cases and devices. If you’re looking for a desktop solution, there are cheaper and better alternatives to the Qudelix. The Qudelix is only worth the money as a mobile/portable device. Sounds to me like you simply bought the wrong tool for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back