The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 12, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #83,567 of 89,535
Thoughts on the W4? Seems like it'd be overkill and would probably still drain my battery, but if I'm going to use a wired non-Apple dongle/amp I would want to say at or under its weight.
It drains less than W2 and is very lightweight, my to go option.
it also has very good SQ, two tunes to choose from along with a couple of IEM presets.
Great thing to buy IMO.

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #83,568 of 89,535
I've been using iem's for 20 years, since around 2003, and have only recently realised how important finding the right tips are, which most of you probably worked out much sooner.
Cables, eartips, and source are all extremely important. The entire audio chain doesn't just end with the monitors or headphones.

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #83,569 of 89,535
I've been using iem's for 20 years, since around 2003, and have only recently realised how important finding the right tips are, which most of you probably worked out much sooner.

Yeah this. I echo the previous advice this can sometimes mean different sizes for each ear. It's kind of why I stick to the Noble and 64A CIEM's and refuse to buy another universal unless it is the new Sony flagship (if they ever do it) or the Duality hype train is off the scale

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #83,570 of 89,535
These Corier Brass Tips are the real deal. They make all my IEMs sound superb. I don't know if that because of the brass core or something else, they simply magical.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #83,571 of 89,535
These Corier Brass Tips are the real deal. They make all my IEMs sound superb. I don't know if that because of the brass core or something else, they simply magical.
I agree with you! What they did to my annihilator was amazing to say the least🥲 What Iem do you like the most with them?

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #83,573 of 89,535
Heyyyy reading the last few post i wonder are you guys talking about using fir module in GM?? Does it sound good? which one of Fir module is it?
It wouldn't work. I asked them, they use a proprietary module system.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #83,574 of 89,535
It wouldn't work. I asked them, they use a proprietary module system.
I asked Fir support. While it might work, I'm not sure what it would do. I would definatly want to see a graph or talk to someone before I go and buy a module to test with the new iem. I like the idea of messing around with it, but hard until I can figure it out myself. FF GM is a hell of a set, but it's still in the burn-in phase.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #83,575 of 89,535
I asked Fir support. While it might work, I'm not sure what it would do. I would definatly want to see a graph or talk to someone before I go and buy a module to test with the new iem. I like the idea of messing around with it, but hard until I can figure it out myself. FF GM is a hell of a set, but it's still in the burn-in phase.
The same thing all modular atom type systems do. They open and close the soundstage while providing increasing and decreasing isolation which in turn impacts the bass perception which in turn affects the perception of the rest of the FR. Only thing to do is ask FF which size module they use. I don't know why all the companies which utilize modules would make proprietary sizes but its totally possible.

It's why I suggested Fir's red module, it's the most unique in its open presentation (also the least isolating) but doesn't neuter the bass. All the other colors and M10/M15/M20 would be comparable. Perhaps the red is similar to the MX/M0 module, but I don't have a 64 to compare to Fir's module behavior.

I'll add, you find plenty of graphs with various 64 iems with different modules and they alter the bass response significantly while the difference between Red and Gold is 7dB the difference between stock (silver/grey) and red is far less (roughly 2dB). Black module is alot of Fir users happy spot.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #83,576 of 89,535
According to the main guy manning the FatFreq table at canjam I asked him if the 64 audio or Fir module would work with the Grand Maestro and he said no, their system is proprietary. He said they had two FF modules for it now and were coming out with two more. That's at least what he told me.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #83,577 of 89,535
Mar 12, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #83,578 of 89,535
IMG_4633.jpeg

Team silver module here 🔊 ps..The fact that I can have this level of sound quality on the go, is such a blessing thank god for Iems 🙏❤️🎶

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #83,579 of 89,535
Hello everyone! A question for AK x VE Aura owners. Has anyone had any issues like hissing with Aura? When I use different cables except the stock one I get a hissing sound in the left IEM. What could it be? Faulty unit? Would appreciate any ideas you might have.

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #83,580 of 89,535

Transformed my Bonneville from great to OMG it's awesomesauce!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back