The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 8, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #88,576 of 89,889
while I’m waiting for UPS…

What track do y’all load up first on new gear day?

1 pick only!

May 8, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #88,577 of 89,889
I also can’t understand why nobody talks about the MAD24. Ambient Acoustics doesn’t invest in marketing and they are a fairly small company from Ukraine, but their Mad24 is an incredible, even transcendental experience. Just got mine this week and it is making me waking up in the middle of the night and reaching out to listen and rediscover details on some of my favorite tunes.
It is seriously a much more developed IEM than the Storm itself and they deserve more exposure!
For whatever reason when I heard the MAD24 ( 2023 ) I was not overly impressed. Far too long to remember any details, but in direct comparison to my Traillii I did not care for it or feel it was at the same level. I had also preferred the Storm to the MAD24. Now this was my personal impression though others with me did not favor it either. Anyway, if many others felt the same way, that could be why it is not discussed more. It does come up every so often, but does not catch on. In no way did I dislike it, just not my preference.

Have any improvements been made to it?

May 8, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #88,578 of 89,889

1 pick only!
Chuck E.'s In Love.

It's my first demo track since I think it was 1988 and I probably used it > 1k times. Gimme 5 seconds and I know if it's worth continuing the demo.

drftr

May 8, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #88,581 of 89,889

1 pick only!

Best track for bass & treble textures. Very good for imaging/separation as well. This is a phenomenal album. When I tell people I like jazz, they always assume I mean noodly freeform stuff... no this is what I like. Music with guts.

Nik Bartsch's Ronin project - Tadonori LP - the track is called Modul 15. It's absolutely badass.

https://tidal.com/track/179976289?u

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #88,582 of 89,889
Ricki Lee Jones. Man, that takes me back. I have not heard that song in 20 years!
It sounds borderline bright, borderline boxy, borderline shouty, borderline nasal, and many other (much better) things. And apart from being a great singer/songwriter and first album it tells me immediately where gear is doing too much. It's my 80/20 rule.

drftr

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #88,584 of 89,889
May 8, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #88,585 of 89,889
Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #88,586 of 89,889
May 8, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #88,588 of 89,889
Chuck E.'s In Love.

It's my first demo track since I think it was 1988 and I probably used it > 1k times. Gimme 5 seconds and I know if it's worth continuing the demo.

drftr
S.O.B. by Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats. Great for checking out bass texture & reverb, also bass bleed. :beerchug:
Best track for bass & treble textures. Very good for imaging/separation as well. This is a phenomenal album. When I tell people I like jazz, they always assume I mean noodly freeform stuff... no this is what I like. Music with guts.

Nik Bartsch's Ronin project - Tadonori LP - the track is called Modul 15. It's absolutely badass.

https://tidal.com/track/179976289?u
Opeth - Windowpane
Maybe the last years this have been one of my first tracks to play, not always but often.
https://tidal.com/browse/track/1267841?u

Gonna check these out, thanks for sharing 🫡 always interesting to find what we look for first I think.
All of them.
Well now!

May 8, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #88,589 of 89,889
Hello coolers, received the EU Tour set from @Charlyro222 few minutes ago. As I am from Munich and attending the high end, I can take it to the fair if someone is interested to check it. @Sebastien Chiu who is next on the line ? I can not find the list right now. I will send it by the second part of next week.

I'm also from Munich and will be attending highend on Sat and Sun. Interested in seeing and hearing the cables if it's fine with you.

I think it is x6 series 2 wires and the both XL Cooper variants but can't find the information about the tour units in my history.

I will take it with me. Drop me a PM on Saturday an we will make it happen. Cheers

Go for it guys, I'll send a new address after @mikaik is done with it.

Have fun at Munich and look forward to your write-ups!

The tour kit does not have an X6.

It is actually:

SPC XL
Copper XL
Quad Copper

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #88,590 of 89,889

1 pick only!
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac. Those cymbals are the best judge of sibilance I've found. If I can't hear that song without wincing then I know I won't keep the iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back