Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy
Jun 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #798 of 879
I thought the leather belt as reinforcement to the stock T50RP headband was standard with the TP1. Bluemonkeyflyer, did you get something different?

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #799 of 879
Quote:
I thought the leather belt as reinforcement to the stock T50RP headband was standard with the TP1. Bluemonkeyflyer, did you get something different?

The rubber cover over the metal headband was removed. A section of a leather belt was mounted beneath the metal and super glued in place as shown in the pix, above. Smeggy listened to feedback and "cleaned up" the ends. He made 45 degree bevels on both sides of both ends. It looks like he also smoothed the edges where the belt was cut and put some type of sealant on it to make it look more professional.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #800 of 879
Still haven't got my pair for almost a year now, and Gary is not replying to my emails. I heard someone has Gary's phone number - if you do, could you please send his number to me privately? Thanks.

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #801 of 879
Still haven't got my pair for almost a year now, and Gary is not replying to my emails. I heard someone has Gary's phone number - if you do, could you please send his number to me privately? Thanks.
Sorry to hear that googleli. These are no Blue Hawaii's. Sachu appears to know Smeggy personally, maybe he can get in touch.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #804 of 879
Still waiting also. Full payment sent last October as part of the group buy. Gary has promised via email that mine will be sent but it has been a long wait and I am still nervous about whether or not the order will be completed.

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #806 of 879
Wow.  How many are still out there who haven't gotten their's yet?  

At least Smeggy appears to be actively working on orders so hopefully, eventually he will make good.  But this is madness.   

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #807 of 879
At least Smeggy appears to be actively working on orders
An appearance of not working on orders is more like it. The group buy got the red headed stepchild treatment. New orders fulfilled in 3 weeks but it takes us 3 months to get back repaired units and plenty of unfulfilled orders after 9 months. The Blue Hawaii SE has seen epic wait times but at least Justin has a first come first served policy.

Smeggy needs to partner up with someone who can handle the business side of things. That way he can just focus on making beautiful headphones.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #808 of 879
Quote:
An appearance of not working on orders is more like it. 

Let me restate that: "_still_ working on orders" 
biggrin.gif
  Perhaps not working on them like he should, in the right order, and so on.

It's kind of crazy that he basically rebuilt my headphones from scratch while he still has unfulfilled GB orders in the queue.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #809 of 879
Just received my Custom Thunderpants TP1 (Not via Group Buy, I contacted Smeggy myself), sound pretty good so far, but not as good as my LCD2's (Which i expected), but hopefully they improve with burn in.
Finish sure is nice though.

Audeze Leather Headband
Audeze Leather Pads
Pink Flame Wood
Dual bass Ports (one on top, one on bottom)
Balanced 6ft Cable with SE Adapter.

Enjoy!

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #810 of 879
I received my TP1 at the beginning of February, but sent them back several days later due to some quality control issues.  Since Gary was unable to strip and refinish the cups, he offered to create new cups from scratch, although he didn't have my original wood choice available.  That being said, it seems Gary has run into a number of setbacks along the way, and I am still waiting for my repaired / replacement phones.  I understand what a stressful and difficult position Gary must be in struggling to support a new business venture, however, the general lack of communication and missed completion dates is quite frustrating at times.  Good luck to everyone else in similar positions--I'm sure that Gary will *eventually* deliver a stunning product.  

Happy 4th!

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back