Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy
Jul 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #811 of 879
Quote:
I received my TP1 at the beginning of February, but sent them back several days later due to some quality control issues.  Since Gary was unable to strip and refinish the cups, he offered to create new cups from scratch, although he didn't have my original wood choice available.  That being said, it seems Gary has run into a number of setbacks along the way, and I am still waiting for my repaired / replacement phones.  I understand what a stressful and difficult position Gary must be in struggling to support a new business venture, however, the general lack of communication and missed completion dates is quite frustrating at times.  Good luck to everyone else in similar positions--I'm sure that Gary will *eventually* deliver a stunning product.  

Happy 4th!

Brent

Fine way to treat a person that was instrumental in coordinating the original group buy.

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #814 of 879
thanks alot guys!

Jul 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #818 of 879
Comments from the Gizmodo posting of the Summit-Fi portion of the Head-Fi 2012 Summer Buying Guide:

Dan Johnson said:
 For the quality/money, let us not forget that you can actually purchase smeggy's "Thunderpants2", said by many to be at least as good as the Audeze

Head-Fi said:
 @Dan Johnson, I had an entry for Thunderpants in the guide, but removed it, as Smeggy is having very significant delays in fulfilling orders right now. If that changes, I may stick that entry back in for the 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide in November.

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #819 of 879
Aug 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #822 of 879
Wow, still did not get yours?

How many outstanding are there?
Maybe half the group doesn't have their cans. I email him every week and he doesn't respond at all. I've given him prepaid shipping and even asked him to send mine in whatever condition they are in and I'll have someone else finish them. We might be approaching Bilavideo territory.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #823 of 879
Unbelieveable....
triportsad.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #824 of 879
Similar story here.  Gary said that he had difficulty with installing black Stax pads (I cannot remember the exact number but something like 12+ pairs had been ruined - I gather not just with my order).  I asked Gary to send the headphones with whatever pads he had available but no response.  I just wish I was not an overseas client and could knock on the guy's door to seek an explanation face-to-face.  Since acknowledging the receipt of my purchase in October 2011, Gary has not once initiated contact or provided an update.  Apart from the $600+ dollars lost on this transaction I think the saddest aspect is to see someone value their integrity so lowly. 

<Later Edit> I note that Gary has headphones for sale on his web site - http://home.comcast.net/~garybutcher/Thunderpants_TP1/For_Sale.html.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #825 of 879
Hey folks!  A year has passed since we placed the group order. Let's gather here every year until our TPs finally arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back