TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Apr 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 813

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Here it is, the one we have all been waiting for - the 64 Audio Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar US tour. I have been able to talk the kind folks at 64 Audio into showing off their dual top dogs - hybrid vs. BA. They don't come cheap, but from what I am hearing from my new A18 custom, they are worth every penny. Even better, the apex modules have given my A18 dual personalities each different and each at TOTL levels making it a two for one. This is very different than a switch that ends up on one setting with the other one that..... well, you know. I am assuming that this will be the same for the Fourte' and I will soon find out.

If you are interested, please speak up now as I am opening up for participants. The rules and requirements for becoming a member are listed below.

https://www.64audio.com/

US CIEM Demo Tour, Featuring:

Tia A18 TzarTM

The 64 Audio A18 TzarTM is the world’s first custom-fit earphone with 18 balanced armature drivers per ear. Designed for the most demanding listeners who are looking for the ultimate in reference sound, it features 8 low drivers, 8 mid drivers, and the incredibly smooth tia™ high and high-mid drivers. Sound from the low and mid drivers combines in the tia single-bore and blends with amazingly-detailed highs from the proprietary open balanced armature tia high driver. The result is an incredibly tight low end, super transparent mids, remarkable high-frequency extension, and an out-of-this-world depth and soundstage. A protective mesh covering at the end of the stem helps to keep out debris while apex™ module technology allows for customizing the sound signature and reduces air pressure inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening.

1. Estimated Build Time: Varies, check website for current build time.
  2. Also Available as a Universal U18
  3. Starting at: $2,999.00

Tia Fourte'

The 64 Audio tia Fourté™ is a first-of-its-kind universal-fit earphone that takes full advantage of the patent pending tia™ system and everything we’ve learned up to this point in designing world-class in-ear monitors. The earphones are machined out of a solid piece of aluminum for a durable yet elegant look with beautiful copper patina finish inlayed on the faceplates. Inside, proprietary tia open balanced armatures are expertly arranged to deliver rich, natural sound in a brand new way. Featuring ground breaking technology such as frequency-shaping acoustic chambers in combination with an internal passive radiator that help to craft a visceral low end, smooth mids, and a luscious 3D soundstage. Get ready to hear detailed highs like you've never experienced before thanks to a custom open balanced armature tia high driver. Additionally, internal apex™ technology helps to vent air pressure from inside the ear canal for fatigue-free listening. We broke all the rules and started from scratch to come up with the tia Fourté and still managed to fit this ground breaking technology into a shell that's smaller and more ergonomic than our Universal-Fit 12 driver model.

1. Ships in: April 2017
  2. Starting at: $3,599.00

Tour Instructions (7 Day Audition)

The participant list is organized logistically to minimize shipping costs starting from Seattle. The tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.

• Upon Receipt:
    • Post: Please immediately post on the thread both receipt and condition of the demo kit.
    • PM: Please immediately PM the next participant on the list to arrange delivery (if local) or shipping. This step is critical to avoid delaying the tour. It is each participants responsibility to keep the tour moving. If the participant is unresponsive for all three days of your audition, it is your responsibility to move on to the next in the list so the tour does not get stalled. Please PM Barra with any issues.
  • Issues: Please PM Barra with any issues.
    • Dropping Out: Please PM Barra if you feel you cannot fulfill your tour responsibility and I will pull you from the list.
  • Optional Review: Reviews are completely optional, but greatly appreciated by all Head-Fi members.
    • Thoughts/Impressions: Feel free to post your thoughts, initial impressions, pairing results, or even informal reviews or comparisons right here on this thread.
    • Formal Reviews: While you are welcome to post formal reviews on this thread, they are often more manageable if you use the Head-Fi review functionality and post a link here for people to follow.
  • Shipping Requirements: Per 64 Audio, we need to use FedEx with signature required. By requiring signature, we are not required to insure the package as there is a clear line of responsibility. This will save everyone a considerable amount in insurance costs.

Tour Signup

To sign up for this tour, please post your name, city, and state only – no personal address in the public forum – and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour. That’s it. We reserve the right to turn down application if we find cause, but hope to accommodate all those US Head-Fi’ers that are interested. If you meet any of the three requirements below and as long as there is room, your in.

Participant Requirement Options:

• Long Term Head-Fi: Automatic Qualification
    • Two years Head-Fi Membership: We need to know that you have a track record.
    • More than 200 posts: We need to know that you are active.
  • New to Head-Fi: A few extra steps if you don't meet the long term HF status requirement - please PM to barra
    • Copy/scan/photo of ID: We need a photo of your drivers license or passport.
    • Complete Home Contact Info - Phone/Address
    • Complete Work Contract Info - Phone/Address
  • Referral from 64 Audio: Automatic qualification

Signups begin now, and will remain open during the tour welcoming late comers. However, we reserve the right to end signups at any time so please don’t hesitate or you may lose out. The tour will start when we have enough participants to create a reasonable list. Have fun!

Example Signup Post: From Barra: I live in Colorado Springs, CO and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 813

Tour Participant List

We hope to gather our list over the next few weeks to build logistics into our tour order. However, the tour will be starting in Seattle first and may start before we close our participation requests. We may add more as it makes sense, but later logistics will be first come first serve so likely to make postage more expensive. The good news is that we will do our best to accommodate all US Head-Fiers that wish to participate.

US Tour:

Name: Location:

1. @Torq - Seattle, WA
  2. @barrasr - Bellevue, WA
  3. @alpha421 - Bellevue, WA
  4. @bvng3540 - Bothell, WA
  5. @shenshengkafei - Bothell, WA
  6. @H2Ologd - Duvall, WA
  7. @nmatheis - Portland, OR
  8. @ExpiredLabel - Portland, OR
  9. @San Man - Honolulu, HI
  10. @vtrinidad87 - Eureka, CA >>> KIT ? - Received from @?: ?, Shipped to @coolmingli : 8/11/17
  11. @coolmingli - San Francisco, CA >>> KIT ? - Received from @vtrinidad87 : 8/17/17, Shipped to @GTecX : ?
  12. @danniao - Thousand Oaks, CA >>> KIT ? - Received from @GTecX : 9/7/17, Shipped to @drbluenewmexico : 9/15/17
  13. @GTecX - Pomona, CA >>> KIT ? - Received from @coolmingli : 8/28/17, Shipped to @danniao : 9/5/17
  14. @drbluenewmexico - Albuquerque, NM >>> KIT ? - Received from @danniao : ?, Shipped to @?: ?
  15. @EagleWings - Austin, TX >>> KIT 1 - Received from @?: 10/2/17, Shipped to @wormsdriver : 10/13/17
  16. @wormsdriver - McAllen, TX >>> KIT 1 - Received from @EagleWings : 10/16.17, Shipped to @wwyssh : 10/24/17
  17. @Aleatorius - Garland, TX >>> KIT 3 - Received from @?: 10/25/17, Shipped to @Andrew Lin : 11/3/17
  18. @fiascogarcia - Fort Collins, CO >>> KIT 2 - Received from @korotnam : 10/9/17, Shipped to @DWbirdseye : ?
  19. @DWbirdseye - Littleton, CO >>> KIT 2 - Received from @fiascogarcia : 10/18/17, Shipped to @Quadfather : 11/6/17
  20. @eldss - Omaha, NE >>> KIT 3 - Received from 64 Audio: 9/5/17, Shipped to @Blueshound24 : 9/13/17
  21. @Blueshound24 - Sioux Falls, SD >>> KIT 3 - Received from @eldss : 9/16/17, Shipped to @Tekk83 : ?
  22. @mrstrangeguy - Chicago, IL
  23. @Tekk83 - Chicago, IL >>> KIT 3 - Received from @Blueshound24 : 9/29/17, Shipped to @?: ?
  24. @seamon - Lafayette, IN >>> KIT ? - Received from @?: 10/12/17, Shipped to @?: ?
  25. @korotnam - Indianapolis, IN >>> KIT 2 - Received from @?: 9/29/17, Shipped to @fiascogarcia : 10/6/17
  26. @shotgunshane - Atlanta, GA >>> KIT ? - Received from @?: 9/3/17, Shipped to @highwind2008 : 9/8/17
  27. @highwind2008 - Atlanta, GA >>> KIT ? - Received from @shotgunshane : 9/11/17, Shipped to @rmap : 9/16/17
  28. @rmap - Columbia, SC >>> KIT ? - Received from @highwind2008 : 9/19/17, Shipped to @?: ?
  29. @Dithyrambes - New Jersey
  30. @Kunlun - NYC, NY >>> KIT ? - Received from @rantng : 9/14/17, Shipped to @?: ?
  31. @rawrster - NYC, NY
  32. @rantng - Brooklyn NY
  33. @nycdoi - Brooklyn, NY
  34. @Vodkamelon - Brooklyn, NY
  35. @gearofwar - Flushing, NY
  36. @smk5r - Charlottesville, VA
  37. @linux4ever - Chantilly, VA
  38. @The Dan of Steel - Tampa, FL
  39. @Ike1985 - Elizabethtown, KY
  40. @Barra - Colorado Springs, CO
Late Comers:
  1. @wwyssh - Rochester, NY >>> KIT 1 - Received from @wormsdriver : 10/26/17, Shipped to @Carlsan : 11/3/17
  2. @Andrew Lin - Santa Barbara, CA >>> KIT 3 - Received from @Aleatorius : 11/7/17 >>>>>>>>> Lost >>>>>>>>>
  3. @Carlsan - New Jersey >>> KIT 1 - Received from @wwyssh : 11/8/17, Shipped to @cellarbro : 11/16/17
  4. @Quadfather - Chicago, IL >>> KIT 2 - Received from @DWbirdseye : 11/9/17, Shipped to @Ricky64 : 11/16/17
  5. @Ricky64 - Boulder, CO >>> KIT 2 - Received from @Quadfather : 11/21/17, Shipped to @Poetik : 12/1/17
  6. @Poetik - Fife, WA >>> KIT 2 - Received from @Ricky64 : ???, Shipped to @chef8489 : 12/11/17
  7. @cellarbro - Ridgewood, NY >>> KIT 1 - Received from @Carlsan : 11/18/17, Shipped to @Malcuso : ???
  8. @Malcuso - Missouri >>> KIT 1 - Received from @Malcuso : 12/1/17, Shipped to @flashbak : ???
  9. @flashbak - Phoenix, AZ >>> KIT 1 - Received from @Malcuso : 12/11/17, Shipped to @lotech : 12/18/17
  10. @chef8489 - Asheville, NC >>> KIT 2 - Received from @Poetik : 12/19/17, Shipped to @faithguy19 : 12/29/17
  11. @lotech - Frisco, Texas >>> KIT 1 - Received from @flashbackk : 12/21/17, Shipped to @kernel8888 : 12/30/17
  12. @faithguy19 - Merrillville, IN >>> KIT 2 - Received from @chef8489 : ???, Shipped to @ngoshawk : ???
  13. @kernel8888 - Blackfoot, Idaho >>> KIT 1 - Received from @lotech : 1/5/18, Shipped to @SilverEars : 1/14/18
  14. @ngoshawk - Warrensburg, MO >>> KIT 2 - Received from @faithguy19 : 1/12/18, Shipped to @fuhransahis : 1/22/18
  15. @SilverEars - Boston, MA >>> KIT 1 - Received from @kernel8888 : 1/16/18, Shipped to @guani360 : 1/22/18
  16. @fuhransahis - Tuckahoe, NY >>> KIT 2 - Received from @ngoshawk : ?, Shipped to @bclark8923 : 2/2/18
  17. @guani360 - Port Saint Lucie, FL >>> KIT 1 - Received from @SilverEars : 1/29/18, Shipped to @che15 : 2/20/18
  18. @bclark8923 - San Francisco, CA >>> Kit 2 - Received from @fuhransahis : 2/12/18, Shipped to @koven : 2/13/18

Final Leg of Tour:

Kit 1:
  1. @che15 - Wellington , FL >>> KIT 1 - Received from @guani360 : 2/21/18, Shipped to ?
  2. @Land-O-The-Free - Wenatchee, WA >>> KIT 1 - Received from @che15 : 3/6/18, Shipped to ?
  3. @ljnew - Chicago, Il >>> Stole Kit, Filing Police Report >>> Shipped to @Barra : ?
  4. @Barra - Anthem, AZ >>> Received from @ljnew : ?, Shipped to @Dr. Hugo : 6/7/18
  5. @Dr. Hugo - Washington D.C. >>> Received from @Barra : ?
  6. @Seancs14 - Laguna Niguel, CA
Kit 2:
  1. @koven - Santa Clara, CA >>> KIT 2 - Received from @bclark8923 : 2/16/18, Shipped to @Joseph Lin : 2/25/18
  2. @Joseph Lin - Charleston, SC >>> KIT 2 - Received from @koven : 2/28/18, Shipped to @jscmd2000 : 3/2/18
  3. @jscmd2000 - Victor, NY >>> KIT 2 - Received from @Joseph Lin : 3/7/18, Shipped to 3/14/18
  4. @Vansen - Newtown, CT >>> KIT 2 - Received from @jscmd2000 : 3/16/17, Shipped to @iamstumper : 3/26/18
  5. @fuzzychaos - Dayton, OH >>> Withdrawl due to illness

Final, Final Secure Tour:

1. @iamstumper - Lincoln, CA >>> Received from @Vansen : 3/31/18, Shipped to @BulldogXTRM : 4/27/18
  2. @BulldogXTRM - Gonzales, LA >>> Received from @iamstumper : ?, Shipped to @Barra : ?
  3. @Barra - Anthem, AZ >>> Received from @BulldogXTRM : ?
  4. @gsr108 - Houston, TX >>> Withdrawl, lack of response
  5. @Tim Le - Everett, WA >>> Withdrawl, lack of response

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 813
I live in Colorado Springs, CO and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 813
I live in Fort Collins, Colorado, and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 813
I live in Austin, TX and would like to participate in the A18/Fourte tour. I agree to the terms and conditions.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 813
I live in Honolulu Hawaii and agree to the terms and conditions of the tour.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #10 of 813
I live in Brooklyn, NY and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

I wasn't too active lately(mostly active during upgrade season), so i don't mind treated as new to head-fi.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #13 of 813
I live in Flushing, NY and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Thanks, Bara

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #15 of 813

I live in Colorado Springs, CO and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

You live in the Springs now?

Temporarily as we transition to AZ. Didn't have time to find another house as we sold ours due to work. Just starting to look now so I will be in the Springs for a couple months at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back