Unable to display images
Jul 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Rossliew

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I have an issue here. I'm using a Macbook Air 2014 model with OS-X Mavericks. Somehow, i have not been able to load images in this head-fi.org site. Only certain sponsor images are visible but the rest are not. 

Is this a proxy or system problem? Have no issues with other sites..appreciate all and any help, please!

Thanks in advance!

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #2 of 54
Actually it should go in Feedback & Bug Reports but I'm having the same problem using iOS 7 on my iPad. I can see images, it's the smileys that don't display.

se

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 54
Thanks, Steve. I powered down n reset n updated the software..all done but to no avail. It wasn't like this when I first got the Mac. Can't quite recall when it actually happened but it was recently within the past few weeks. Frustrating!

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 54
No idea. Let me see if I can get this thread moved over to the right forum so it will be seen by those who try to solve these sorts of things.

se

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 54
UPDATE : All is fine now 
smily_headphones1.gif

Must have been a bug somewhere ....

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 54
Hi @Rossliew - I'm pretty sure it's not an OSX Mavericks issue, as I'm also a Mavericks user without issues.

What browser and browser version are you using?  Could you also try clearing your cache, then completely restarting your browser to see if that remedies the issue?

If it doesn't, could you provide me with a screenshot so I can see an example of what you're seeing?

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #14 of 54
  Hi @Rossliew - I'm pretty sure it's not an OSX Mavericks issue, as I'm also a Mavericks user without issues.

What browser and browser version are you using?  Could you also try clearing your cache, then completely restarting your browser to see if that remedies the issue?

If it doesn't, could you provide me with a screenshot so I can see an example of what you're seeing?

HI Joe,

Thanks but it seems all fine now...perplexing! Maybe later it might act up again. In that case, I shall be ready to screen shot for you to see. Btw, how do you do a screen shot with a Mac? Sorry first time Mac user here...

As for browser, i would suppose its the latest version of Safari (7.0.5). I've tried shutting down and firing it up but to no avail and it seems to only affect Head-fi.org..

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 54
Shift + Command + 3 will do a full screen screenshot.

Shift + Command + 4 will allow you to select an area of the screen to capture.

Also, try doing this if you see the issue happen again when using Safari:

1) Click "Safari" in the top menu bar, and select the "Preferences..." option.
2) In the resulting window, click the "Privacy" tab.
3) Click the "Remove All Website Data..." button as seen here:

4) Click the "Remove Now" button in the resulting window.
5) Click "Safari" in the top menu bar again, but this time, click the "Quit Safari" option.
6) Restart Safari.

That will clear all of your cache and allow your browser to start fresh on Head-Fi, to make sure Safari isn't storing anything erroneous.  I hope it helps, and welcome to the Mac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back