Unable to display images
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #21 of 54
That's pretty odd that you're not seeing those images. Do you have any other web-enabled devices (a cell phone, tablet, another computer) that you can try to view the images with?  I'm just trying to narrow it down to being computer specific, location specific, or if there might be a greater issue.

I'll file a ticket for this issue, and I'll see if the tech team has seen this before.

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #23 of 54
  That's pretty odd that you're not seeing those images. Do you have any other web-enabled devices (a cell phone, tablet, another computer) that you can try to view the images with?  I'm just trying to narrow it down to being computer specific, location specific, or if there might be a greater issue.

I'll file a ticket for this issue, and I'll see if the tech team has seen this before.

I use a HTC cell phone which has no issues with the website. Similarly my Acer laptop has no issues. Only the Mac. I will try the link later tonight when I get home from work. With a PC at work, the site has no issues either.. truly perplexing!

Thanks though for taking the time to help me sort this out :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 54
And I don't think my not being able to see smileys was a coincidence. Happened the same time I saw Rossliew's post about images. The smiley problem cleared up pretty quick, but I think they were related somehow.

se

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #30 of 54
@Rossliew

Since you downloaded Chrome, could you get some information from the Chrome Developer Tools Network panel?

You can read about how to access it here: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/index

What the tech team needs is for you to do the following:

1. Clear the cache in Chrome by clicking "Chrome" in the top menu bar, and select "Clear browsing data..."
2. Open network panel/tab of the Developer Tools
3. Visit http://www.head-fi.org.
4. Right-click in the Network window of the Developer Tools, and select the "Save as HAR with Content" option.
5. Send the HAR data to me at joe@head-fi.org, and I can pass it onto the tech team.

This will give the tech team the necessary data to investigate this further and see what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back