Venture Electronics Thread
Jul 22, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #541 of 764
Oh yeah! I did! The newest Julie Byrne album sounds phenomenal. If you haven’t listened to this album yet, it is one of the standouts for me this year!

I'm going to enjoy this later. Cheers!

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #542 of 764
Pure bliss

IMG_20230722_194247.jpg

Jul 23, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #543 of 764
Seeing all the praises for APWS, I can't help but wonder does APWS goes into the nirvana level from Asura 2.0S? Since out of all buds I have & had, the only one I had in mind when "best-est" are mentioned are Asura 2.0S, I've sold mine a year and a half ago and up until this day I still feel a bit of regret for selling it.

Screenshot_20230723_130437_Instagram.jpg

Jul 23, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #545 of 764
Seeing all the praises for APWS, I can't help but wonder does APWS goes into the nirvana level from Asura 2.0S? Since out of all buds I have & had, the only one I had in mind when "best-est" are mentioned are Asura 2.0S, I've sold mine a year and a half ago and up until this day I still feel a bit of regret for selling it.

I have not heard anything better than APWS, and I have heard many buds, but it is my humble opinion, it is not an absolute truth. Today, more than a TOLT would be an end game and focus on enjoying the music.

Here they hit the nail on the head in many things, the driver and impedance, the shape of the shell, the material used for the shell, are comfortable, and the cable is outstanding, shame, the price is high, but hey, there is real garbage in the hobby for even higher prices.

Jul 24, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #546 of 764
Cross posting from the Earbuds thread, hopefully it gives a bit more insight to Zen SU:

I have enjoyed Tool since my early teens and saw them on their 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum tours. The most recent show I attended was great but they did seem a little too tired to be doing global tours... Anyway, their music will always be very important to me. Whenever I get a new set, IEM or earbud, I run them through a few tracks to see if I've struck gold. I'm usually left disappointed. Tool gets very busy and needs a good stage and decent imaging, needs tight upper midrange and treble control to avoid harshness while not glossing over the grit of the guitar work. I want to feel the weight and dynamics to the rhythmic drones of Justins bass and the syncopated hits of Dannys drumming on the low end.

It's rare for an IEM to get the tonality right but they usually manage the dynamics and the weight. To get the right tonality & dynamics on an earbud has seemed like a pipe dream, so far. Well the Zen SU is the first earbud to please (and thank the lord, when we consider the asking price). Powering through the Defiant, it puts all my earbuds to shame with a large, hulking weight to the dynamic swings and a controlled upper midrange. TGXear Ripples, my reference point for macrodynamics up until this point is blown out of the water and I say this while also wanting to acknowledge with the greatest respect and gratitude what Jim is doing for the popularity of buds in the audiophile community.

It might not be news to people here but VE are far ahead of the pack and I guess that's not surprising given the resources and experience to hand.

Anyway, jamming along to 10,000 Days right now and wishing everyone a happy Monday.

_DSC3881.jpg

Zen SU (left), APWS (right)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #547 of 764
I need to correct what I wrote (on Venture Electronics thread) on July 20 about the Sunniva :
………for the APWS…………
It's the best earbuds I listen to compared to Sunniva with kit (kit received this morning- thank you Jim- but still too present in bassfor my ears) or Serratus, which I also like a lot to counterbalance.

When I received a small package that day, I thought of the kit because I wasn't expecting anything else. Quick opening, and I thought the little foam set inside (which I'd totally forgotten I'd ordered), was the answer...
After I've received the real kit, i understood my stupid mistake.
I apologize to the readers and apologized directly to Jim.

Now, the desired attenuation of the bass (very well adjusted) and its projection gives a full hearing to the harmonious midrange, and airy, precise treble.
I found my listening experience very engaging.
As far as I'm concerned, the Sunniva are excellent in this configuration which is the best.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #548 of 764
Losing count of then number of times I've listened and enjoyed this album on APWS. Transcendental listening:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #549 of 764
Losing count of then number of times I've listened and enjoyed this album on APWS. Transcendental listening:

Absolutely stunning. Listening now with APWS

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #551 of 764
Hello all, is it worth getting Asura Pure White Shining than the Sun Copper?

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #552 of 764
Hello all, is it worth getting Asura Pure White Shining than the Sun Copper?
Hello!

Firstly, really depends on your listening tastes and preferred music genre(s). Help us, help you; the following data would be extremely helpful:
  • source (e.g. Smartphone, DAP, AMP/DAC, PC, Streamer)
  • listening level & session length (volume level and for how long?)
  • listening environment (e.g. mobile, office, home desktop, home listening room)
  • preferred music genre (to include podcasts and audiobooks)
  • preferred sound signature i (e.g. bright, dark, warm, aggressive, bassy, neutral, L/U/V/W-shaped)
  • preferred sound signature ii (optional; offer a comparative non-earbud transducer model)
Secondly, please note that the shells used for these models are completely different; APWS and Zen Shining use a smaller (shorter) bell-horn shell with a very low profile cable stem while the Sun Copper/Dice and Zen SU family use the same larger (longer) bell-horn shell with a larger/longer cable stem. This effects a proper fit depending on the user and their ear size.

Thirdly, again, depending on your listening tastes and preferred music genres the Sun Dice may be a worthy consideration.
For the price the VE SUN DICE are still worthy of consideration for certain music genres (Rock, Pop, and Metal). Whereas the more expensive VE SUN COPPER is better for classical, jazz, folk music, intimate vocals, ambient, etc.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #553 of 764
Hello!

Firstly, really depends on your listening tastes and preferred music genre(s). Help us, help you; the following data would be extremely helpful:
  • source (e.g. Smartphone, DAP, AMP/DAC, PC, Streamer)
  • listening level & session length (volume level and for how long?)
  • listening environment (e.g. mobile, office, home desktop, home listening room)
  • preferred music genre (to include podcasts and audiobooks)
  • preferred sound signature i (e.g. bright, dark, warm, aggressive, bassy, neutral, L/U/V/W-shaped)
  • preferred sound signature ii (optional; offer a comparative non-earbud transducer model)
Secondly, please note that the shells used for these models are completely different; APWS and Zen Shining use a smaller (shorter) bell-horn shell with a very low profile cable stem while the Sun Copper/Dice and Zen SU family use the same larger (longer) bell-horn shell with a larger/longer cable stem. This effects a proper fit depending on the user and their ear size.

Thirdly, again, depending on your listening tastes and preferred music genres the Sun Dice may be a worthy consideration.
For the price the VE SUN DICE are still worthy of consideration for certain music genres (Rock, Pop, and Metal). Whereas the more expensive VE SUN COPPER is better for classical, jazz, folk music, intimate vocals, ambient, etc.
source: ifi micro idsd signature (for portable)
listening level & session length: i will do both level, high and low. 1 hour and continue again after that
listening environment: office desktop
preferred music genre: kr&b, r&b, vocal focus, also top 40s
preferred sound signature i: neutral bright with body (my main headphones is hd800 and my speaker system is borea br03)
preferred sound signature ii: warm transparent

So, with what I'm listing, which one is best for me? Thanks in advance

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #554 of 764
VE ZEN 3.0 and my OTL amp, its transcending experience at times. Here with a ambient
cello album by Henrik Meierkord, magical.

Just curious, what set would be the upgrade from this?
I need it to have full low end, mids and treble not veiled. If its less bright doesn't matter as long its not brighter.

1690615028095.png

DSCF3071 1.jpg

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #555 of 764
source: ifi micro idsd signature (for portable)
listening level & session length: i will do both level, high and low. 1 hour and continue again after that
listening environment: office desktop
preferred music genre: kr&b, r&b, vocal focus, also top 40s
preferred sound signature i: neutral bright with body (my main headphones is hd800 and my speaker system is borea br03)
preferred sound signature ii: warm transparent

So, with what I'm listing, which one is best for me? Thanks in advance

Based on your preferred signature I would say Sun Dice or Zen SL. The Signature should power either well. Zen SL will probably offer the easier fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back