VSonic GR07 vs Klipsch Image X10 vs Shure SE215
Dec 27, 2011 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

vinnykris

New Head-Fier
Title says it all. I am looking for an IEM that is fun to listen to, while staying in the 100-180 price range. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I mostly listen to rap and hip-hop music. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 64
I don't have 07s but I have the se215 and x10.
Out of these two, if you can get the se215 to $80 or so, they are better value than X10s at 150+

Shure's take time to get used to the fit. But once you find the fit they are a lot more comfy than the x10s. They stay in place. X10s are very comfy as well, but can fall off from your ears or move around thus will need some adjustment at times.

The sound wise. I think se215s are funner, but not superior. I would think their quality in terms of music production is very similar. X10s have a little bit better quality bass, meanwhile shure has the better mids imo. I don't think x10s are worth twice the price of se215s. If you can get the x10s to around 130 it will be pretty good, Amazon prices fluctuate but I have seen it hit 130 a few times after the famous $95 sale not long ago.

X10s have very tiny and skimpy cable, does not bring any confidence. se215 on the other hand has a longer thicker cable, and no microphonics at all.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 64
There is also the UE TF10 in that price range, and amazon had them at $150 yesterday but they're back to $170 now. It's definitely on the upper end of the price range, and I haven't heard them myself so I can't speak to their sound, but I've been lurking these forums for a while now and I know a lot of members love theirs. But then there are those who hate the fit, as is the case with any IEM really. Just another option to possibly consider or keep an eye on. Maybe a used pair if someone snagged the $95 sale and doesn't want them anymore.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 64
thanks for the responses! the thing im worried about for the TF10s are the fit and comfort. i am looking into the shures however. are there any cheap amps that go well with them? im talking about portable ones. thanks!

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 64
The Sony EX600, JVC FXT90 will serve these genres music well and they are very detailed in mids, highs and offers dynamic bass response with wide soundstage.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 64
TF10s are definitely not fun in sound signature. They are very direct and dedicated to true sound production. I would consider them very professional but not fun at all.

It would fit well for a Rock / Metal music producer to hear all the tones of the instruments.
Fit is an issue, i have problems with them not staying in my ears as expected, in small body moves they move or lose the place in my ears. I wear them over, like the se215s but could not get a good fit at all.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #11 of 64
Which one is the best for rap music: Sony EX600, Shure SE215, Klipsch Image X10, VSonic GR07, or JVC FXT90?

Out of those which one is the most fun sounding?

I just really can't decide!

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #12 of 64
I've not heard the SE215s, and this is just speculation so anyone is free to correct me, but I think that a JDS Labs Cmoy or Fiio E11 may be worthwhile amps in the $60 range, or if you want to keep the budget a bit tighter I do like what I've heard from a friend's E6 and those can be had for around $25-30 on amazon. Also, keep an eye on the sale thread, like I've been doing. You never really know what's going to pop up in there. I would be willing to bet some people wouldn't have any issues recommending a PA2V2 either which can be purchased directly or through eBay but again that's just speculation as I've not hears one first hand.

Now for what I own I'm happy with a $35 cmoy I purchased off eBay. But I'll be honest, while I'm happy it does leave me wanting more. It's not a JDS Labs one and it lacks some of the features that you can get with their's but for my first amp it does exactly what I expected it to. Brings out a bit of detail and is nice and portable.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #15 of 64

Quote:
TF10s are definitely not fun in sound signature. They are very direct and dedicated to true sound production. I would consider them very professional but not fun at all.

It would fit well for a Rock / Metal music producer to hear all the tones of the instruments.
Fit is an issue, i have problems with them not staying in my ears as expected, in small body moves they move or lose the place in my ears. I wear them over, like the se215s but could not get a good fit at all.

You must be joking. I doubt you got a functioning pair, or even if you did you didnt get a good seal.

Quote:
thanks for the responses! the thing im worried about for the TF10s are the fit and comfort. i am looking into the shures however. are there any cheap amps that go well with them? im talking about portable ones. thanks!

I don't think the 215 needs an amp. If you really want one though, try the Fiio E6 ( less than $30 on amazon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back