Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 8, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 14,276
I don't have pictures, but I have two nice watches.

A Tag 6000 chronometer with copper toned bezel, and a newer tag kirium (non-chronometer) with a white toned bezel.

My favorite of the two is probably the kirium, because it's bracelt is industructable.

My next watch, I would like to be a rolex daytona ; ] When i start making money again.
mtkversion; you wish!
I don't like iced out watches, let the rappers keep them. I prefer understated : ]

May 8, 2004 at 2:43 PM Post #18 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Tortie, how does yours keep time?

I have a feeling it has something to do with the perpetual movement. My friends say I'm hyperactive and constantly moving and that's why my watches all run fast. Another friend has an identical watch to mine but he is very static himself....his watch runs a few mins slow...
wink.gif

Mine seems to run just fine. Some of my friends say all Rolex watches from the production line is set to keep time faster than normal (I dont know why). You have to have it calibrated in a Rolex service center if you want it to run accurately.

May 8, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 14,276
Watches are a very cool passion. My dad has a beautiful Hamilton that he was given by his mother. He used to let me wear when I was young. He still has it, but never wears it. I love that watch, and think classic Hamilton's are awesome. Wish I could afford to collect the older art-deco styles.

Personally, I have only a handful. A nice Timex that my brother & sister-in-law gave me for being their best man. The inscription makes it priceless to me. I also have a neat looking two-faced, classic style, no-name brand that gets a lot of compliments lately, even though I've had it for years. My newest one is a Swiss Army that I won thru work last year. I work for a jewelry company, so they give out nice stuff at Christmas parties. I get a really good discount on the stuff we sell too - Omega, Baume-Marcier, & Tag-Huer are probably the best men's watch lines we sell. I may have have indulge myself some time
wink.gif

May 8, 2004 at 4:10 PM Post #24 of 14,276
warning large pic
http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/g9f20136.jpg

two of my personal passions.
Rolex oyster president perpetual bark finish band in 18k
william henry on the left with snakewood scales
AG russell on the right with wolly mamoth ivory

And i love grand complications. Want a torbillon watch real bad.
(one that will actually work for a few years)

May 8, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #25 of 14,276
No pictures, but at the moment all I have is a Fossil watch. It serves its purpose, and looks o.k. They aren't terribly well made, though. The brass is just flash plated or something, it gets eaten through terribly easy.

Now in the Money-is-no-object world of my dreams, I'd swing for a Rolex.

Right now, what I really want is a Tissot. A friend of mine had a Tissot Chronograph with a yellow face--I really liked the uniqueness of it, and have been looking for one ever since (hes back in Sweden, so it will still be unique here). Never been able to find one, though.

May 8, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #26 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
warning large pic
http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/g9f20136.jpg

two of my personal passions.
Rolex oyster president perpetual bark finish band in 18k
william henry on the left with snakewood scales
AG russell on the right with wolly mamoth ivory

And i love grand complications. Want a torbillon watch real bad.
(one that will actually work for a few years)

kev watch is pukka but not familiar with the knives?? Knowing you, they must be expensive...etc??

May 8, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #27 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Mine seems to run just fine. Some of my friends say all Rolex watches from the production line is set to keep time faster than normal (I dont know why). You have to have it calibrated in a Rolex service center if you want it to run accurately.

I have the same watch as IPODSTUDIO. Mine has always run about five minutes fast, and I had it serviced about two years ago. I do love the darn thing though! I also have a TAG from when I was in college. The only thing that gets me with the Rolex is that I take it off on the weekends, and have to set the time every Monday morning
biggrin.gif
I should probably just wind it Friday night
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #28 of 14,276
Two of my watches (the others include Vacheron Constantin, etc.):

Jaeger Le Coultre Gran' Sport:
B65jlc4.JPG

IWC Da Vinci:
9252yg.jpg

May 8, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #30 of 14,276
i agree muffin man, the payment includes the watch and your arm butchered off

Users who are viewing this thread