What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea)
Sep 16, 2012 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

PFULMTL

100+ Head-Fier
Well my lil sis has been looking for sexy closed higher end (mid fi) headphones for a few months. I've given her some suggestions like AKG's, but she says it's too expensive, so I'm just going to buy something for her birthday next month. She really is looking for something sophisticated I guess..because I can tell she doesn't find my SRH440 or PRO700MK2 sexy...However she likes my TMA-1 Studios. She loves the sound of the PRO700MK2, but I don't recommend them because they aren't that comfortable. She likes the sound of the SRH440 also, but I'd get her the SRH940 instead. Kinda ugly though?

So something under $300 and "sexy"...I'm guessing metallic, black, or white. Nothing too plastic looking.
I know she listens to acoustic, pop, ballad, R&B and rock.
They must be closed over the ear. A plus if they are foldable, and come with two cables.
Need to order before next month. Girls opinions would help greatly.

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 32
Look at the Audio-Technica Earsuit headphones, like the ATH-ES7, ES88, ESW9, and the clipon EW9. There's other models too, but those are the ones that come to mind. I've only heard the ESW9, and I like them quite a lot - I'm going to assume the others are at least reasonable performers (most Audio-Technicas are imo).

Just thought of another option - the Bowers & Wilkins' headphones are fairly stylish, the P5 aren't terrible sounding (they isolate very well too; I think the ESW9 sound better, but they don't isolate nearly as well).

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 32
Get the biggest ones you can find,don't forget size does matter
wink_face.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 32
Haha indeed, if talking about the driver size.

Still looking for more suggestions. I might just get her the AKG K550, since she loved the finish on them. The Sennhieser Momentum would have been greato, but I don't spend that much on gifts.

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 32
My GF pretty much hates almost all over ear headphones (looks), including the infamous Beats Studio. However, I have found this true of females in general. They tend to love the style of dj headphones. Ones that swivel and flip and stuff. My GF likes the looks of the Sony V700DJ and LOVES the looks of the Numark Red Wave (she even tells me it would be an awesome gift for her.) so, that's my experience. Both have good sq and bass, Sonys can be had around 125, the Numarks around 75. Hope this helps.

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 32
Yeah my first thought was that you probably aren't going to get anywhere with over ear headphones unless they're pink or bedazzled ; ) The V-Moda Crossfades can be decorated I know..

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #11 of 32
First thing that came to mind was the Vmoda Crossfade LP Customs

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #12 of 32
Ultrasone HFI780 I think is sexy, but I'm not a girl. 
redface.gif

Anything I say is probably the most un-sexy headphone in the world.

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Back