What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea)
Sep 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
I think they want a headphone that will listen to them.

darthsmile.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:
Haha indeed, if talking about the driver size.
Still looking for more suggestions. I might just get her the AKG K550, since she loved the finish on them. The Sennhieser Momentum would have been greato, but I don't spend that much on gifts.

Actually I gave the K550 to my mom, it looks great, but no bass, despite what the graphs say.  And once you notice the resonating upper mids its game over. Great can for isolation and watching movies or playing games, soundstage is nuts for a closed can that isolates. But for music its meh... the treble is waaaay too much aswell - and I can handle the K242HD no issues.
Quote:

Was thinking this, but even the Crossfades and M100 aren't comfortable, and I don't think she will be happy with the sound of the LP2, not hi-fi enough. And the M100 are going to be sold out for months.
Quote:
Citiscape Uptown

not bad idea.

My ex loved oldschool - got her AKG K142HD. But its crappy construction and amping requirements make it unideal.

I think one of the AT's is probably a good idea, do some digging, and FWIW I think the white ATH-M50 is quite damn stylish. 

Or CAL? but thats a bit low in the price range.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
My GF pretty much hates almost all over ear headphones (looks), including the infamous Beats Studio. However, I have found this true of females in general. They tend to love the style of dj headphones. Ones that swivel and flip and stuff. My GF likes the looks of the Sony V700DJ and LOVES the looks of the Numark Red Wave (she even tells me it would be an awesome gift for her.) so, that's my experience. Both have good sq and bass, Sonys can be had around 125, the Numarks around 75. Hope this helps.

Just about every female who have had the chance to look at AKG-K701-s that collect dust on my shelf are: ´´Wow are these yours..´´! 
But perhaps not the best option in SQ wise (bass) for r`n´b, though very good at vocal, and of course these aren't closed. I'd suggest something white or at least metallic. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #21 of 32
The only headphones I've received female compliments about are my AKGs. I have to agree that they are the best looking, though.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #22 of 32
I forgot to mention. You should ask other girls about different phones of what they like, then by taking to account sq requirements You can probably find the right cans. A man's intuition on style matter is very misleading.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #23 of 32
I posted the new SteelSeries Sibieria V2 on my FB a while back, and she did like those, but it's a gaming headset. Looks similar to the white AKG K701 (or was it702?) She does play games, so it could be useful. I could play it safe and get the white ATH M50's then.

Yall may be on to something about girls liking DJ headphones. She doesn't have any headphones except some in ears, and when I was talking to her when she had the PRO700MK2 on, she shifted one earcup to the side, haha cute. Lil sis is could be a future producer. I was tempted to just buy some new earpads and give her my MK2, but I'm still attached to them, even if I did get them for friggin cheap.

The ES7 headphones look good too. The white M50's are $128 on Amazon O_O. Guess it's settled, but we can keep the conversation going. :)

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #28 of 32
Get something that sounds nice, and get a 500 pack of those stick and peel white (or pink) glitter stones bling whatever. Put on cups the end.

Custom girl cans her friends will drool over.

http://www.bornrich.com/headphones-have-come-alive-with-first-ever-commercial-crystallized-headphone.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back