What the???
May 11, 2010 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

9pintube

Headphoneus Supremus
Ever since the change to the Head-Fi web site I've had problems with trying' to "click" on (let's say ) NEW POST and nothing happens! I've tried to click on my "9pintube" name, again nothing happens....... I'll go to the search slot and type in Music Game then it takes me to the music threads (that's good) I'll play, follow someones song with a title of my own and that works (that's good) but Then nothing again, no Left Clicks of my mouse will let me go anywhere, like I'll click on new post again. nothing! Hell I can't even log out!!  What am I doing wrong? anyone else having similar QUIRKS with the new site??  Someone please help this old MORON!!  PS.. You shirley don't have to type in the SEARCH space for everything, do you??

May 11, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 24

Quote:
Ever since the change to the Head-Fi web site I've had problems with trying' to "click" on (let's say ) NEW POST and nothing happens! I've tried to click on my "9pintube" name, again nothing happens....... I'll go to the search slot and type in Music Game then it takes me to the music threads (that's good) I'll play, follow someones song with a title of my own and that works (that's good) but Then nothing again, no Left Clicks of my mouse will let me go anywhere, like I'll click on new post again. nothing! Hell I can't even log out!!  What am I doing wrong? anyone else having similar QUIRKS with the new site??  Someone please help this old MORON!!  PS.. You shirley don't have to type in the SEARCH space for everything, do you??

Quote:
9pintube, which browser are you using when you're running into this problem?  (And, also, which operating system, Windows, Mac, Linux?)

Jude, I'm using "Windows XP"  same as before..thanks

May 11, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 24
same problem here, I'm on XP SP3/IE6(I've been bad, I know
biggrin.gif
)

glad to see I'm not the only one too dumb to click on buttons
jecklinsmile.gif

May 11, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:
same problem here, I'm on XP SP3/IE6(I've been bad, I know
biggrin.gif
)

glad to see I'm not the only one too dumb to click on buttons
jecklinsmile.gif

Same here. My work PC (yeah, I shouldn't be checking this website when at work) only has IE6 and no flash support (and no hope of OS updates) so I can browse but can't actually post to head-fi. With the old format / software I could.

May 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 24
I am having problems when browsing with my IPAD (Safari). I cannot click on only certain buttons like when you create a PM, the button to submit it after typing it up does not work, and the same if you do a reply to a PM Chain the reply button after the Text box does not do anything either. It works fine on my Win 7 64bit with Chrome, and IE8 or Chrome with Windows XP SP3 though. Sorry if it end up being a different Root cause for these, but it sounded similar from a symptom perspective.

May 11, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 24
well, it works for me if I click a few times!

I like IE6 because it allows you to force your own system colors and fonts so head-fi doesn't look WHITE anymore(Opera can't do it AFAIK but Firefox can), but then the buttons don't show up huh...so I have to constantly enable/disable the "viusally impaired" options to be able to answer a PM for instance, because I know where the REPLY button is on forums threads(even if I can't see it) but in PM I can't click blind(if that makes any sense).

the new forum is really catastrophic..

May 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #10 of 24
I guess I should have added some additional details to maybe help troubleshoot, while using the IPAD (Safari) browser, it does not matter how many times you click it. In addition if you hold the button press down it will give you some options, like open in a new window. When creating a new PM and the submission button is held down it does not show anything which would mean that although the element can be selected it is not "executable". On the other button the one to submit a reply at the bottom of the PM chain, if held down it brings the option to open Javascript, which to me means that the button is selectable and executable, but the execution fails, or there really is nothing to execute in the source.

Hope this further helps track down some of these issues.

May 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #11 of 24
So this MORON isn't the only one having problems... I almost have to reboot the site every time I want to click on anything new or different..   This sure takes the fun out of the web site!  This sucks. 

May 11, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 24

there's been a short downtime/upgrade earlier, and now I can't post anymore from IE6...I have to use Opera10..when I click "SUBMIT", it brings me back to the top of the page, and nothing happens duh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back