What the???
May 12, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 24
Sometimes I want to post or quote but nothing happens and I have to close my browser. Chrome 4, latest official and 5, beta.

May 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
Sometimes I want to post or quote but nothing happens and I have to close my browser. Chrome 4, latest official and 5, beta.

Are you using the Default to the Full-Page Editor option?  There is a known bug that can prevent that quoted post from showing up in the edit window.  This should be fixed soon, but consider unchecking that option in the interim.

May 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #19 of 24

Quote:

Are you using the Default to the Full-Page Editor option?  There is a known bug that can prevent that quoted post from showing up in the edit window.  This should be fixed soon, but consider unchecking that option in the interim.

Yes every setting is on default. Thank you for your reply on this matter.

May 13, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #20 of 24
^^i have the exact same problem.when i post something new,when i try to scroll nothing happen,when i try to edit my post nothing happen,when i click on a link on the page nothing happen.The solution is simple,refresh the page and all things will work fine again instead of closing the browser.

May 13, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #21 of 24
It's interesting because I was having this problem occasionally before the upgrade using IE8 on Win7 at home and IE6 on XP at work. I would click on a forum or click to the next page and nothing would happen. Since the changes I have yet to have this problem.

May 14, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
I am having problems when browsing with my IPAD (Safari). I cannot click on only certain buttons like when you create a PM, the button to submit it after typing it up does not work, and the same if you do a reply to a PM Chain the reply button after the Text box does not do anything either. It works fine on my Win 7 64bit with Chrome, and IE8 or Chrome with Windows XP SP3 though. Sorry if it end up being a different Root cause for these, but it sounded similar from a symptom perspective.

I also cannot post replies (be it threads or PM's) using the Safari browser on my iPhone....

May 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
I also cannot post replies (be it threads or PM's) using the Safari browser on my iPhone....

hughwi, we're looking into that now.  I thought we were close to a fix.  The send button a new PM was working for me for the first time last night.

I'm going to do more testing and forward along the results.

May 15, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #24 of 24
Some info - may or may not be relevant.

In the past when I was using Firefox 3.0.x on Win XP, I never had to submit anything twice on this site or any other site. I upgraded to Firefox 3.5.x and immediately had this problem of needing to click the submit button twice on some but not all sites. Did a quick search on Google and apparently it isn't a unique problem - lots of people experience this. Some say it is a proxy issue, others suggest it has to do with an empty src attribute and how browser interrupt it - I'm not any programmer so I have idea whether this is right or not.

Eventually, the entire Firefox 3.5.x experience was so foul (I also had many page loading issues - again apparently not unique) I downgraded and started using Chrome (till that started crashing on me - which I later semi-suspect has to do with an extension). I recently upgraded to Firefox 3.6.x and it seems stable so far - no issues with submitting pages twice or page / image loading issues.

Personally, I'm not having any problems with having to submit posts twice on this new layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back