What's a good price for an AKG K1000?
Feb 6, 2006 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

dcguy73

Formerly known as dc_guy
I've been looking around on the internet for an AKG K1000 at a "reasonable" price, aka close to the price they were charging before they jacked it up to ~$1000. I found it online for $695, but now I'm having second thoughts. Is that a good price or should I keep looking?

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
I've been looking around on the internet for an AKG K1000 at a "reasonable" price, aka close to the price they were charging before they jacked it up to ~$1000. I found it online for $695, but now I'm having second thoughts. Is that a good price or should I keep looking?

For a pair new, that's a really good price.

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 49
Quote:

Where did you find it for that price?
k1000smile.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 49
cheapest palce i have found them in the UK is, oh no was just confirming the price and they came up with this message "This product has been discontinued and is no longer available." Dam it was like £90 cheaper than everywhere else, to the point where i was thinking about just buying and sod the price. The search continues (well the dream really) but i will own you
k1000smile.gif

Edit: After a bit more searching it saddens me to say this but the UK K1000 well is definately drying up.

Feb 6, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 49
I've just ordered a pair from djmart.com. I did confirm that they do have it in-stock...now the wait.........
k1000smile.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 49
I just spoke with an agent from djmart, in their online chat session, and they said they lowest they can go at the moment is $699 plus shipping. So just a heads up for those that may be considering these. They also said they only have 4 left in stock.

Feb 6, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
I just spoke with an agent from djmart, in their online chat session, and they said they lowest they can go at the moment is $699 plus shipping. So just a heads up for those that may be considering these. They also said they only have 4 left in stock.

And I concur, I just 'negotiated' a price with them through Email for grins, here is the reply:

"Our best price for the K1000 is 699.99. Please reply this e-mail if interested with a phone number we can reach you at, or cal us at 866 267 0306 ext 110".

I doubt you will find a price better than that currently (for a brand new pair).

P.S. If any of you are on the fence, just buy a pair. They are easily worth $1k IMO. At $700 they are a steal. Just make sure you drive them with a good strong amp and you will be in audio bliss.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 49
There was a time when HeadRoom offered the K1000 for $325 - this was ~ early 2003! I realize that doesn't make anyone feel better, but I regret selling my K1000 sometimes and threads like this are nostalgia-inducing...
k1000smile.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #12 of 49
You can also get 'em from Music Direct and TTVJ if you ask 'em to price match at $699.00

Don't wait, buy! These are going to be like NOS tubes, Only so many new pairs left in existence - and less and less every day. Gotta imagine as supply of new cans dries up, price will go up too.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #13 of 49
If I did get them, I'd want to get to get them rewired to a 1/4 plug -- I'd be especially interested in a hardwire rewire like the Stefan Audioart recabling. Who is left among aftermarket cable dealers/sellers (now that headphile no longer does full recabling) who could do this?

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #14 of 49
Quote:

If I did get them, I'd want to get to get them rewired to a 1/4 plug -- I'd be especially interested in a hardwire rewire like the Stefan Audioart recabling. Who is left among aftermarket cable dealers/sellers (now that headphile no longer does full recabling) who could do this?

When you say rewire, do you mean hardwiring from the cans out or would you be satisfied with replacing the connector:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OFC-headphone-ex...QQcmdZViewItem

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #15 of 49
This really sucks!! I ordered the K1K yesterday from djmart after confirmed it with "joey" that it was in-stock. I just recieved an e-mail from them that they are out of stock and there will be a 4 days delay. I'm not sure if I trust what they say about the 4 days or not. I don't have a problem with waiting 4 days to get it, but from what I heard the supply is drying up and they might now be able to get more. What do you guys think? should I give them more time or cancel the order and get it from ttvj or someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back