What's a good price for an AKG K1000?
Feb 7, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
This really sucks!! I ordered the K1K yesterday from djmart after confirmed it with "joey" that it was in-stock. I just recieved an e-mail from them that they are out of stock and there will be a 4 days delay. I'm not sure if I trust what they say about the 4 days or not. I don't have a problem with waiting 4 days to get it, but from what I heard the supply is drying up and they might now be able to get more. What do you guys think? should I give them more time or cancel the order and get it from ttvj or someone else?

The question is whether or not AKG USA has any more in stock or not. If AKG USA is dry, then DJ Mart will have a tough time restocking.

If I were you I would give both DJ Mart and AKG USA a call. Or just call Todd and order a set from him.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #17 of 49
Todd's supply is not unlimited either.

I confess to ordering a pair last week mainly because the supply is dwindling and I always wanted to try the K1000. The chance of me liking the K1000 is 50/50. However, once the supply is gone, I am sure I will be able to easily sell it if I don't like the sound or comfort
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 49
well it is sort of resolved. here is a copy of my chat session with them:

DJMart: Greetings,
Welcome to ProAudio America!
My Name Is Joey,
How May I Help You?
Jim: Can you cancel the ordered I placed yesterday with you since it is now backordered?
DJMart: order number?
Jim: I don't remember but I do have the case #
Jim: would that help?
DJMart: your last name
Jim: Last name is
DJMart: im sorry
DJMart: who told you that was backordered
DJMart: ?
Jim: I have an e-mail from Natalia
Jim: that said that it was backorderd
DJMart: well, the purchase order has been placed with akg
DJMart: purchase orders are not placed till the manufacturer confirms stock
DJMart: the order has been billed
Jim: I don't understand? I just talk to AKG and they said that the item has been discontinued and they no longer have stock
DJMart: one sec
DJMart: checking
Jim: ok thanks
DJMart: when george the approval guy called, they were in stock
DJMart: im calling now
DJMart: they are in stock
Jim: does that mean that mine is coming
DJMart: yes
DJMart: one of the last six
Jim: can you give me the time frame
DJMart: drop shipped from akg
DJMart: 4-6 business days with ups ground
DJMart: ill get natalia to email you the tracking number as soon as she comes back in

I'm a happy camper again...I guess.....
k1000smile.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #19 of 49
whew. glad I got mine for 5 bills used. now that they are hardwired to boot they will be worth a nice sum in the future. good luck getting them from me tho!
k1000smile.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #20 of 49
By the way I spoke to Todd and he said that he has 5 left.......go get them boys...
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #21 of 49
5 left.. what do people think? A few weeks maybe before they are all gone?

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #22 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
5 left.. what do people think? A few weeks maybe before they are all gone?

With this place, I give em 24 hours.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
With this place, I give em 24 hours.
evil_smiley.gif

No kidding.

Funny thing is, I sold my used pair about 2 years ago for about $350. That was with the Equinox upgrade cable!

I just bought them back for $799!

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
No kidding.

Funny thing is, I sold my used pair about 2 years ago for about $350. That was with the Equinox upgrade cable!

I just bought them back for $799!

Now that the PS-1s aren't out there. Has there value increased?

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Now that the PS-1s aren't out there. Has there value increased?

I think that's a bit different since their price was absurd to begin with.

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #26 of 49
I meant hardwiring the K1000s with new cable. Which cable vendors still do that (now that Headphile is out)?

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #27 of 49
Have anyone here have experience with djmart? I'm wondering if I should have ordered straigth from ttvj instead of trying to save some money.
mad.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #28 of 49
yeah Larry doesn't hardwire the K1000 anymore.

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #29 of 49
I think djMart may be kinda sketchy after all...I haven't been able to get an actual human on the line to confirm they have them in stock. I called Todd to see if he would price match djMart's price, but he wouldn't, and he said "a lot of people have been calling me about this..." and he said djMart is out-of-stock for good (meaning there is no backup AKG k1000 supply for them), which led me to question djMart's authenticity.

Has anyone actually gotten a confirmation that djMart is sending them a pair of AKG K1000s for $699?

Feb 7, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
Have anyone here have experience with djmart? I'm wondering if I should have ordered straigth from ttvj instead of trying to save some money.
mad.gif

James, do you already have a pair (I see it in your profile)? If yes and this is for a spare, I would take the chance with djmart. If not...well, I can sell you mine later on for $1K (if I don't like it)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back