Who has an end game setup?
May 24, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 834
I haven't changed my rig in at least a year. At least the majority of it. I'm currently running an Anedio D1 -> Zana Deux SE -> Audio Technica W3000ANV.  The only thing I changed was the stock driver tube. I don't see myself doing much to this system in the near future. I may add a Sennheiser HD800, but I need to fix up my home first.

May 24, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #18 of 834
Quote:spaceace1014389573581432
My Beats let me hear the music just like the recording artist intended. If that isn't endgame I don't know what is.... 

That just has to be a leg-pull.

No serious beats owner would EVER admit to that.

"It's all about the BASS, man.
Any owner of beats who believed that would not have the compus mentis to string 3 intelligible words together in a sentence.

May 24, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #20 of 834
I had what some might consider an end-game setup, the OII and BHSE, but I sold it for a variety of personal reasons at the beginning of this year. While I owned it, I was fairly satisfied and didn't feel a need to buy anything else. My current setup, the Fostex TH900 and GS-X MK2, could also be considered end-game and for the foreseeable future I have no intent on changing anything about it.

At the apex of my Head-Fi madness, I recall owning the Qualia 010, GS-X MK1, OII MKI, & BHSE all at the same time. I don't own any of those anymore. Funny how that worked out. So not even the most expensive equipment may not necessarily be the best to one person. :wink:

I am intrigued you went from open to closed headphones albeit the fostex have the reputation of the ultimate in closed phone performance. I must give them a listen if they turn up at a meet as that's the only way I'd see them in England.
Have fun in Denver in June. It's mind boggling how much you've spent on your hobby but if you've gone from the qualia and 02 to just the fostex then you've got money back in the bank :)

May 24, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #21 of 834
Not necessarily, when did you order and receive the last piece of audio equipment you bought ?

That was my dacmagic plus which I went into a store and bought 16 days ago. I have not finished by any means because I need a dc power plug to run it through a battery pack and maybe 2 optical cables. I sold tons of kit including lcd2's iems m2tech young hrt streamer pro beresford bushmaster hrt headstreamer imod and for a month didn't buy anything.
But then I started on stax....

May 24, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #22 of 834
That just has to be a leg-pull.

No serious beats owner would EVER admit to that.

"It's all about the BASS, man.
Any owner of beats who believed that would not have the compus mentis to string 3 intelligible words together in a sentence.

The beats guys are eaten up for breakfast in here :) I wonder whether many beats owners get into the audiophile headphones?

May 24, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #23 of 834
I haven't changed my rig in at least a year. At least the majority of it. I'm currently running an Anedio D1 -> Zana Deux SE -> Audio Technica W3000ANV.  The only thing I changed was the stock driver tube. I don't see myself doing much to this system in the near future. I may add a Sennheiser HD800, but I need to fix up my home first.

We almost had an end gamer in that first sentence. Good luck with the home fixing I guess that should come first. The hd800s will still be around when you're finished. I've had my hd800s since December so that's the oldest piece of full size kit I have:)

May 24, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #24 of 834
subbed and no i dont have an end game setup, probably not even close. the one thing i will keep on using is my dap, thats it... lol

I guess that must be your dx100 . I have a hifiman 601 I won in a headfi meet raffle and it absolutely restored my belief there aas a difference in the sound quality between 1 dap and another. The dx100 is not something I've heard but the next meet will solve that.
If it's truly an endgame with the amount of other kit you have it must be very special indeed.

May 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #25 of 834
Quote:
I guess that must be your dx100 . I have a hifiman 601 I won in a headfi meet raffle and it absolutely restored my belief there aas a difference in the sound quality between 1 dap and another. The dx100 is not something I've heard but the next meet will solve that.
If it's truly an endgame with the amount of other kit you have it must be very special indeed.

i bought the dx100 with the idea in mind that it will be my end game dap, did not want to keep on changing ipods anymore. the dx100 does have its faults though... not completely free of bugs (especially when im coming from ipod) and i also must admit i havent heard other high end daps, all i ever used before were ipods. i picked the dx100 other than other daps because of the features, the hm901 may be able to beat the dx100 in sound but i wouldnt know... at that point, i probably just pick features over that whatever little sound improvement that people claim to hear and it may be more preference than actual improvement in technicalities. congrats on winning the hm601! and tell us what you think after you hear the dx100. about amps and headphones, im not yet done. im currently using the sony z1000, sounds good but i would like a warmer sound. also i may get a desktop amp in the future... we will see... when im not broke lol

May 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #26 of 834
I don't think I've changed a thing in several years.  Yamaha RX-797 receiver, Boston RM60 speakers, KSW12 sub, and a DT250-250 (with occasional use of a K240MKii).

The RM60 speakers are a tad more than I would have spent for an office rig, but they do the job excellently and I see no reason to replace anything. Perhaps when the sub or receiver fails something will change, but most likely it will be with a current era direct replacement.

It sure is nice to not be chasing the dragon anymore.

May 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #27 of 834
i bought the dx100 with the idea in mind that it will be my end game dap, did not want to keep on changing ipods anymore. the dx100 does have its faults though... not completely free of bugs (especially when im coming from ipod) and i also must admit i havent heard other high end daps, all i ever used before were ipods. i picked the dx100 other than other daps because of the features, the hm901 may be able to beat the dx100 in sound but i wouldnt know... at that point, i probably just pick features over that whatever little sound improvement that people claim to hear and it may be more preference than actual improvement in technicalities. congrats on winning the hm601! and tell us what you think after you hear the dx100. about amps and headphones, im not yet done. im currently using the sony z1000, sounds good but i would like a warmer sound. also i may get a desktop amp in the future... we will see... when im not

The dx100 I think is a wortby endgame dap even without hearing it but I shall report my findings. The warmer endgame iems; I haven't got any meier jhaudio akg or sennheiser ie800 or westone 5s but my sony x4aip's are the smoothest of the ones I have bought. The ie800s were the best iems I've heard listening to them through an astell and kern 100 dap. The sonys sounded thin in comparison but maybe there was an impedance mismatch. I bet id love the z1000s they're import only here I think. I haven't changed my iems for 6 months but I have 3 pairs to chop and change and the ie800s were too much money for me.

May 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #28 of 834
I don't think I've changed a thing in several years.  Yamaha RX-797 receiver, Boston RM60 speakers, KSW12 sub, and a DT250-250 (with occasional use of a K240MKii).

The RM60 speakers are a tad more than I would have spent for an office rig, but they do the job excellently and I see no reason to replace anything. Perhaps when the sub or receiver fails something will change, but most likely it will be with a current era direct replacement.

It sure is nice to not be chasing the dragon anymore.

Wow.... a 2k poster who is happy with his gear. You are the first phork. I salute you. Now how's about a headphone setup that needs no alteration? Or even an amp dac or headphone seperately that hasn't been swapped and is the sole player and a definite stayer? Especially with the dac market there are so many alleged huge advances surely no one owns the same dac they had a year ago?

May 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #29 of 834
Have not changed in over a year now and do not expect to change anything in the foreseeable future: Linn Klimax DS -> B22 -> LCD2

May 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #30 of 834
havent changed my rigs (speakers or headphones) in 9 months, and don't see myself doing so in the foreseeable future.  I'm just so happy with it! 

still gets daily use, but have not felt any need to change it up :) 

Quad ESL 2805's, SR-009 are all a man needs to complement a dram of Balvenie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back