Who has an end game setup?
May 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #31 of 834
Have not changed in over a year now and do not expect to change anything in the foreseeable future: Linn Klimax DS -> B22 -> LCD2

I was not familiar with either your amp or dac but I am in hushed awe of those 2 components to your setup. I have owned the lcd2 previously and can understand why you are finished at those phones too.
This was the endgamer I was looking :)for

May 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #32 of 834
Quote:
We almost had an end gamer in that first sentence. Good luck with the home fixing I guess that should come first. The hd800s will still be around when you're finished. I've had my hd800s since December so that's the oldest piece of full size kit I have:)

It's not like I must have the HD800. Quite frankly I can't imagine a better sound for my type of music than with the W3000 rig. It's quite natural to think of bringing another piece of equipment to change things up a bit. Things lose its magic after awhile if you don't introduce some change to make you appreciate what you had. 

May 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #34 of 834
The HD800's are defo endgame headphones for me. But downstream gear man... You can go on for ever. Little bit of advice before your wallet leaves you... Chain it to your trousers.  

May 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #35 of 834
Haven't changed anything in my rig since my sig. Don't think I will for a while. Moving onto speakers will be another fresh start for me.

....but don't you have tons of amazing kit :) more like an end series than an endgame. Were the sigma pro not to your liking defquon? That's one of my latest additions. You had so much stuff in your signature it was like reading an article

May 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #36 of 834
I haven't touched any part of my setup for over a year now. No need to in my mind. Extremely happy with it on all fronts. Rig in my sig... :wink:

May 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #37 of 834
Quote:
The HD800's are defo endgame headphones for me. But downstream gear man... You can go on for ever. Little bit of advice before your wallet leaves you... Chain it to your trousers.  

+1

Quote:
....but don't you have tons of amazing kit
smily_headphones1.gif
more like an end series than an endgame. Were the sigma pro not to your liking defquon? That's one of my latest additions. You had so much stuff in your signature it was like reading an article

Yeah sadly I had to sell off both my Omega and the Sig Pro due to financial reasons as I mentioned on that other thread. I like collecting vintage stuff or discontinued products because one day there value will just increase very highly. 

Yeah I loved the Sig Pro's looking for a normal bias one atm.

May 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #38 of 834
I haven't touched any part of my setup for over a year now. No need to in my mind. Extremely happy with it on all fronts. Rig in my sig... :wink:

Hiya,
That's the 2nd beta22 and the 2nd lcd2. There's clearly something in this kit . I really liked the lcd2's they had a great bass and an exciting sound to them but ultimately the hd800s had a wider sound stage which I preferred. Of course I wasn't listening through this kit but I can see why lots of people prefer the lcd2's

May 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #39 of 834
Quote:
Hiya,
That's the 2nd beta22 and the 2nd lcd2. There's clearly something in this kit . I really liked the lcd2's they had a great bass and an exciting sound to them but ultimately the hd800s had a wider sound stage which I preferred. Of course I wasn't listening through this kit but I can see why lots of people prefer the lcd2's

Truth be told...the b22 takes a back seat to my Vacuum Tube Logic amplifier when driving virtually any headphone I've had in the house, including the Audeze. Not that the Beta is a slouch...far from it. I just prefer the VTL when doing some serious listening. 

May 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #40 of 834
T1/WA2 is a sort of endgame for me, though not really an endgame since i'll end up buying something better in the future, but i am very happy with it and will never get rid of the combo.

May 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #41 of 834
Quote:
The dx100 I think is a wortby endgame dap even without hearing it but I shall report my findings. The warmer endgame iems; I haven't got any meier jhaudio akg or sennheiser ie800 or westone 5s but my sony x4aip's are the smoothest of the ones I have bought. The ie800s were the best iems I've heard listening to them through an astell and kern 100 dap. The sonys sounded thin in comparison but maybe there was an impedance mismatch. I bet id love the z1000s they're import only here I think. I haven't changed my iems for 6 months but I have 3 pairs to chop and change and the ie800s were too much money for me.

i think im more into full sized headphones, do you think i will like the audeze lcd2 since you have experience with it?

May 25, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #42 of 834
I am nearly done myself.  Currently, I'm in pursuit of the last amplifier and one major DAC upgrade and I should arrive at the finish line.  I need to sell all my disc spinners in exception to my Exemplar 5910 and buy a really good DAC and that should be it.
L3000.gif

May 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #43 of 834
They're smooth for sure. They're a great bass headphone because the bass is powerful but controlled and doesnt bleed too much into the mid frequency. I wouldn't know what they're like matched to your dx100. They're a smoother sound than my hd800s the sound stage is a bit tighter on the hd800s which is the main differences to my ears

May 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #44 of 834
Quote:
They're smooth for sure. They're a great bass headphone because the bass is powerful but controlled and doesnt bleed too much into the mid frequency. I wouldn't know what they're like matched to your dx100. They're a smoother sound than my hd800s the sound stage is a bit tighter on the hd800s which is the main differences to my ears

ok thanks, maybe the lcd2 will be my end game headphone, will see

May 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #45 of 834
T1/WA2 is a sort of endgame for me, though not really an endgame since i'll end up buying something better in the future, but i am very happy with it and will never get rid of the combo.

I was really impressed with the t1s with the woo amp.I think if I'd had that combo I wouldn't have ended up with hd800's and 3 sets of stax. But then again who am I kidding I'd have found a way to justify it. That's a classic dead simple top class endgame. The rainy days are taken up with audeze hd800s and he500s . Truly a bunch of world class headphones there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back