WooAudio issues
Mar 31, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #76 of 114
You buy a product and it arrives later than expected and doesn't work. But before permitting the manufacturer to refund you or fix the problem, you start a thread. Before that you post in the title of your fs thread that it's a "POS". How about just posting in feedback or better yet, give Woo Audio a chance to make good before posting stuff like this. I could understand if this was a regular practice of Woo Audio but I don't believe that to be the case.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #77 of 114
Is it safe to ignore this thread now?

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #78 of 114
I am about ready to receive this week my WA6SE. The timeframe was about 4 weeks and always got my emails answered promptly by Jack. I think it's pretty immature to post threads like this without trying to resolve issue directly with the builder unless there is a hidden agenda.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #79 of 114
I agree with the bulk of the posters. I have had nothing but favorable treatment from Woo, and find a posting like the OP unnecessarily inflammatory and defamatory, since there is no evidence he gave Woo the time to correct the problem before posting this kind of crap. Sounds like he created his own problem by buying something he couldn't afford, turning around and selling it to recoup some quick cash, and being disappointed when his scheme didn't work out the way he planned.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #80 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it safe to ignore this thread now?

By all means. Feel free. Thanks for your valuable input.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He explained this with his original pic. How else do you post a non-working channel except to see the tube is not lighting up? How do you post a pic that will show a loose headphone jack? How do you take a pic of a loose tube socket? ...

OK. Then why post these pictures, sir?

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #81 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK. Then why post these pictures, sir?

People asked him to so he did. I do think once he went to post pics he realized there was nothing he could photograph that would truly show the damages. But, he clarified that point in the post showing the original pics.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #82 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Events explained in 9 easy steps:

1. csommers, who already has a WA6, orders another one.
2. WA6 shipment gets delayed due to delayed arrival of parts
3. csommers experiences buyer's remorse and posts FS thread for the amp which has not yet arrived
4. amp arrives. csommers opens package and finds that the amp he put up for sale is defective.
5. csommers explains situation in FS thread and withdraws the sale, with the exception that he would sell it if someone is absolutely positively sure that he wants a defective amp.
6. mod deletes much of the FS thread's contents
7. csommers fears that it now looks like he was trying to dump a broken amp in the FS thread the whole time.
8. csommers posts this thread to provide explanation for his now strange looking FS thread.
9. thread catches fire

Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
normal_smile .gif
haha yep thats about it

Only that isn't even true, I distinctly remember yesterday that you had this thread open even before the post in your FS thread was edited.
And in both threads, the tone of your language was out of line for what actually occurred and in an accusatory manner.

That, and nothing else, is the reason why people are ragging on you.
Had you posted it in a different manner, the way it would have been received would be completely different also. Action begets reaction and all that.
Or better yet, you could've not posted anything at all until the manufacturer has had a chance to reply to you and make things right.
At least, that would be the logical thing to do for most people.

Also, I like how anyone that disagrees with your opinion is immediately flaming you in your opinion, and should not say anything.
It's an open forum man, so if you post something in public, people are bound to reply.
And the whole "it's not my fault, moderator deleted my thread and everyone is flaming me, but I didn't do anything!" thing you have going, it's just unsightly.
frown.gif

Just some observations.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #83 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hasn't anyone else noticed something fishy is going on here? Members asked the OP for pictures of the damage and the OP posted glamour shots of the box and one shot of the amp which is just a pretty tube picture
confused_face(1).gif

><=="> ><--'> Hehh-lllowwww!

Well its pretty clear that you either
A.) don't read
or
B.) are just here to flame members when they have issues

If you actually took the time to read my first post, you would see that I stated the right tube amp connection DOES NOT WORK, AKA thats why its not working in the "glamor" picture I posted.

Maybe you have some magical way of taking photos that will show broken connections through metal, but I'm not about to go opening the amp and fiddle-****ing around with it.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #84 of 114
Well, at the very least, I think the situation could've been handled with more patience & class here csommers. It really wasn't cool to denigrate Woo Audio with subjective slurs like POS, etc... as you can see by many posts here, a lot of us weren't really convinced by your account of what went wrong. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, I wish you could've refrained from some of the slanderous comments. That was just bizarre.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #85 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, at the very least, I think the situation could've been handled with more patience & class here csommers. It really wasn't cool to denigrate Woo Audio with subjective slurs like POS, etc... as you can see by many posts here, a lot of us weren't really convinced by your account of what went wrong. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, I wish you could've refrained from some of the slanderous comments. That was just bizarre.

The only reason I was so mad and vented, which I realize I overreacted, was this:
Picture something you really like and love to use, now say you want to go get another of the same thing. When it arrives, half of its features don't work, yadda yadda.
In no way was I slandering or whatever people are saying. I merely was shocked that the amp was like this, especially due to the current one I have and how great it has been.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #86 of 114
Got it. Let's all just leave this situation between csommers & Woo Audio now, y'all.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #87 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got it. Let's all just leave this situation between csommers & Woo Audio now, y'all.

Agreed. This thread needs to fade away. Too much negativity here.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #88 of 114
Hope your amp gets sorted?! Should of given Woo time to make good before posting though, not every amp will be perfect first time out but I am sure 99.9% are!

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #89 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was happy to read in a different thread that someone just got there WA6SE maxed, and there was np.

I am looking forward to a shipping notice from Jack about my WA6SE maxed.

Don't know if that was mine, but my maxxed WA6SE w/Sophia showed up yesterday and is working flawlessly! BTW - speaking of letting Jack have it for something that wasn't his fault, I got a bit upset with him over the use of USPS (with their totally useless tracking function) when I shouldn't have. He, of course, handled it like a total professional which made me feel like an idiot. I'm pretty darn level-headed which just goes to show we ALL have our bad days...

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #90 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a bit upset with him over the use of USPS (with their totally useless tracking function) when I shouldn't have.

Gotta say you have a point there. USPS tracking is really awful. When Jack sent my amp it never said anything other than "Electronic Shipping Info Received" and it stayed that way even after I had actually received the thing. Until the amp showed up at my door, I didn't think it had even been sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back