Workout / Gym / Running
Mar 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

lovgun7

New Head-Fier
alright ... for the past 3 months Ive had the hardest time finding a solid pair of (preferably over the head) headphones for working out.

most of the problem is my ears... after years of using in ear buds i my right ear canal has become a bit bigger then my left ear.

Ive tried and returned

Skullcandy Fix In Ear  $25 tested for 1 week-  sound was good but they kept falling out

Monster Isport $60  tested for 1 week- sound was great ... comfort level sucked. Due to my weird ear sizes i was using the XL clip and Large plug on my right ear. Clip was very uncomfortable and due to the 360 degree design of the plugs the ear phones where not noise canceling.

Sennheiser omx 680 $40 tested 1 day - these didnt even fit nor did they stay on the ears

Using

Sony MDR-AS35 $9 have become my back up set - Perfect fit... Sound quality is ok... compared to the others this one is on the low side.

Monster N-Tune $60 Currently testing these - I know I know trust me ... i knew these where a long shot but they where cheap so i decided to try them. Fit is good, sound ... they went a little to far with the bass but its manageable. The cord has become an issue it sorta grabs / grips on to my clothes.  Unfortunetly the sweat factor is annoying here and these will probably be going back aswell...

I use a pair of KOSS KDX200 that i got from best buy for $1 lol for regular wear and i dont want to use them for the gym since they are the best pair ive ever owned...

what im looking for is actual headphones if anyone can recommend a good set.

style like

KOSS KSC75

Jaybird Sportsband

Sennheiser PMX

even though im trying to stay away from them i would also consider ear buds and plugs...

any help would be appreciated

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 56
Why don't you like the KSC75? How about the JVC HA-EB75?

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 56
If sound isolation isn't a need, the KSC75 will be a good choice.  They're cheap, sound great and fit pretty well.  Sweat tends to eat away at the padding after a few months to a year.
The Addidas/Sennheiser line has some different options.  The sound is average but the construction is good.
I need isolation, because the gym is noisy, so I've used the Ety4s for a number of years.  Great sound (except for the microphonics) and they hold up well to sweat, etc.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 56
ksc75 the foam is the issue with those...

ill try the JVC once i return the intunes

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 56
What is the problem with the KSC75 foam? Replacement foams are only around $5 for 3 pairs.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 56
How about the sennheiser 680 with the fin's (MX?)? That's what I use in the gym and they do stay in the ear because of the fins. I love the KSC75 but as someone has said, sweat and the foam pads do not mix.

P.K.

Mar 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 56
At frys right now...

They have the jvc haeb75 for 13 and the Klipsch s3 for 25 so I think I'll take both and decide after testing both

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 56
Alright so i returned the JVSs they sucked...

the klipsch are by far the best ! really love the sound that i get out of them.

BUT i returned them lol

and i bought the klipsch s4i which are much much better. Got them for $45 after amazon price match at frys.

the issue i had with the s3 was that the sound was really low. Almost had volume on full.

testing out the s4i.

Question will they hold up in a workout over time ???

im reading alot of broken cord stores...mostly by the jack. On the other hand i notice that the jack housing on the broken ones was solid and my pair the housing has grooves in them.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 56
Ya, based on what you're doing the jaybird Sportsband may not be for you.  Of the choices you talk about - I think the Senn PMX 680 is a great choice, but only if you don't lay down to lift weights.  I think a headphone that's not on your list that is a great choice is the Senn PX 685.  Fantastic fit and with the foamie earpad covers, pretty solid bass. 
Also a new workout earbud that I have recently been using is the Yurbuds Limited Edition headphones.  Really diggin on the noise isolating tips.   The comfort is better than previous versions of the Yurbuds and sound is also much better than previous versions. 

I agree with many others here also, when it comes to the Koss clips, the sweat would be tough on the earpads.  They do sound quite good though! 

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 56
crap man lol

Klipsch s4i suck during a work out.... sound is amazing but during my run i had to keep adjusting ....

ill try the s3 again lol do the s3s come with the same tips ? and dimensions as the s4i ???

id keep the s4i since i got them for 45 bucks but i have my awesome KDX200s. Might keep them for trade

OH man i can believe ive tried 8 pairs... one of which fits perfect ... but sound i wont say sucks but is rather Low quality ... ok not good.

my journey continues lol

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:
How 'bout these: 
Creative Aurvana Air

anytime i try buds they suck ...

lucky for me the Jaybirds ive been wanting to try are $60 bucks this week at frys ... ill be picking those up to test out ... i know they have foam but ill see how i can work around it...

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #13 of 56
Quote:

anytime i try buds they suck ...

lucky for me the Jaybirds ive been wanting to try are $60 bucks this week at frys ... ill be picking those up to test out ... i know they have foam but ill see how i can work around it...

Good price on those.  Wireless is a pretty good way to go and they sound pretty decent.  Not gonna give you audiophile grade or anything, but pretty solid. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:
Good price on those.  Wireless is a pretty good way to go and they sound pretty decent.  Not gonna give you audiophile grade or anything, but pretty solid. 

yeah $60 i could do but $89+ no way ...

yeah i know the audiophile reviews on the sound are not up there lol ill try them and if they dont work ill just do a return and keep searching ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back