Workout / Gym / Running
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:
nah didnt look into meelectronics.

at this point im satisfied with the Jaybirds Sportsband and UE 200

Yes, EU200 are very good for that $9 price. I have not used them in the gym yet though. They are a little rolled off in frequency response on both ends but thats about the only gripe.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #32 of 56
I think you should try the Shure line of iems.  I've personally used a few for running/hockey/work outs and they've been tanks.  I've only ever needed two pairs, where both speakers were fine, just over years of use the connectors had gotten loose.  But with your in ear problem of differing sizes you might want to try the lowest line first, just to see the fit.  I've used the 110 and the 215.  Each lasted longer than my previous including etymotics.  I personally liked the etymotics for gym because it had a clip that I could clip on the shoulders, really helped for weights.  But they never lasted more than a year each.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #33 of 56
Funny thing is i was actually looking into the Shure SE215 as a new main set and using my KOSS KDX200 as backups.

im trying to find a good deal on them first.

while i was in vegas i found a pawn should that was selling the SE210 for $50 .... offered them $25 but they said the lowest would be $35 so i passed....

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #34 of 56
I know you said your satisfied with what you currently have, but to help some others who haven't been as fortunate so I'll throw my $.02 in. For just lifting, most earbuds shouldn't give you many problems so you could get by with whatever you think sounds good. Probably shouldn't use something too high-end because of all the heavy **** your throwing around, not mention the potential damage from sweat. If you plan on doing much cardio though, your going to need something that twists into place, has an over the ear hook, or simply a head band.

I have a pair of Sennheiser OCX 685i and I love them. The sound is great, but more on that later. As for comfort, after running a couple miles on a treadmill (about 15 minutes) then doing a full hour of lifting I never had to re-push them back into my ears and I never experienced any discomfort at all. I use an armband to hold my ipod, so the controls are great to have in lieu of standing there stretching around trying to skip a song or adjust the volume, and the cable doesn't get in the way because of the supplied clip. Speaking of the cable, it has a rubbery feel and seems pretty durable, some better tension reliefs around the ipod controls couldn't hurt but I haven't had any problems.

Now for the sound. Before using these I used my IE80's for a while (I know this goes against my "don't use expensive earbuds in the gym" comment) and while these aren't quite living up to the sound from those, they sound pretty damn good, especially for a water resistant sport set. I would say the sound is somewhat mid centric with good clear highs and decent bass. Remember, I may be somewhat jaded because of the bass I'm used to from the IE80's, but I definitely would not say these are anemic. They have clear punchy bass, it just doesn't resonate quite like some other more expensive iem's will. Overall I was very impressed with the sound. My experience with some other earbuds in this range has been that bass is bloated and it sounds like mids and highs are being plaid through a plank of wood (I'm talking about you, UE MetroFi 220's).

For anyone considering these, they're about $63 on Amazon right now (for the black) and in my opinion, they're worth every penny. If I had known how these were going to turn out I would have had no problem paying the $80 MSRP. I almost dropped twice as much on a set of Bose, but because of my experience with Sennheiser (and my cynical attitude towards Bose) I decided to give these a try first, and I'm glad I did.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #35 of 56
For sport,gym use, nothing beats Sony W273 or any equivalance from other brand.

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #36 of 56
I've tried the following:

Klipsch X10
Klipsch S4
Sony XBA II
Sennheiser CX300ii

The absolute winner is CX300ii. For 2 reasons:

1) Secure. All the others fall out of my ears with medium intensity workouts. The CX300ii's do not. They stay secure unless you tug at the cable or something.

2) Asymmetrical cable. Allows for behind the back & under the shirt use, really unobtrusive and stealthy. Cable is long enough so that it reaches the bag of my pants or shorts, which is where I keep my iPhone / iPod.

Second best are the XBA II, then come the S4's and last come the X10's mainly due to durability issues.

Really man CX300ii's are cheap, nigh indistructible and to my taste sound even better than the S4's.

If IEMs are a no-go for you, then I'd suggest you take a look at the HD-25 Adidas, 

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #37 of 56
one thing i failed to point out is the UE200 are advertised as sweat proof. Which is a big up. Not to mention that the build quality is outstanding and they also sound amazing for $8 ...

i think this is a great set to start out your search with. an $8 pair of UEs against a $12 - $20 pair of skullcandys is a no brainer

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #38 of 56
Quote:
one thing i failed to point out is the UE200 are advertised as sweat proof. Which is a big up. Not to mention that the build quality is outstanding and they also sound amazing for $8 ...

i think this is a great set to start out your search with. an $8 pair of UEs against a $12 - $20 pair of skullcandys is a no brainer

indeed. UE200 is one of the best IEM under $10. along with SHE3580/Monoprice8320

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #39 of 56
just bought 2 sets of Meelectronic M6s for $11 bucks... have heard good things and these would be great as backups

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #40 of 56
UPDATE

well i got my M6s .. jesus what an awesome set for 13 bucks... to my ears everything is balanced perfectly ... Bass is present and you can tell... unlike the UE200 (which i also love) you can feel the bass.

Im seriously thinking of returning the Jaybird Sportsband.... the m6 are THAT good...

i have 5 days to decide if i should return them ....

might keep them as a main set for my laptop ... that way i dont ALWAYS where ear plugs...

not sure yet.

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #41 of 56
I used the UE 200 in the gym for a few months.  Aside from the paper filter dying (and falling out) they held up very well.  My current gym IEM is the Soundmagic es18.  I've abused the hell out of these things, catching the cords on weights/machines, sweating like a waterfall et al.  End result is they're still going strong with no problems.  They sound a touch fuller/better than the UE 200 and for $12 I don't know of anything that tops them.  At one time I had an M9 (brother to the M6) but found the bass bled heavily into the mids so I gifted them to a friend who enjoyed them a lot more than I did.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #42 of 56
i love the bass on the M6. The only way i could describe the sound highs mid bass is well balanced with a small bit more bass which i like. man im so happy i bought these. and YES these stayed on ... only time i had to adjust was at the very end of my run ... sweat creeped in to my ear but other then that all good

ive bough many Skullcandy, sony, philips earbuds. I even have Studio Beats. All have served me well and i have no complaints about any (even though now i can see how inferior they are for the price) that being said... i will never buy another brand / trend headphone ever again.

hell the M6 come pretty dame close to my Koss KDX200

my ONLY complaint. No Ipod control. Ive been so spoiled with that on all the other sets ive tried i actually grew to enjoy that as a bonus

May 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #43 of 56
UPDATE

ive stuck to the Jaybirds...

the M6 for some reason no longer fit my right ear...

even tried those custom ear molds from amazon and they didnt work so i had to throw the molds out ....

love the m6 but it kills the music listening experience ... left ear gets a great seal but right ear doesnt anymore for some reason.

even found some comply  tips for 5 bucks at target and those didnt help

I see the Meelectronics s6 are on sale ... would the tips help the fit on those??

May 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #44 of 56
UPDATE

ive stuck to the Jaybirds...

the M6 for some reason no longer fit my right ear...

even tried those custom ear molds from amazon and they didnt work so i had to throw the molds out ....

love the m6 but it kills the music listening experience ... left ear gets a great seal but right ear doesnt anymore for some reason.

even found some comply  tips for 5 bucks at target and those didnt help

I see the Meelectronics s6 are on sale ... would the tips help the fit on those??

S6 are same exact fit as m6.

May 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #45 of 56
M6 are great for active use. They don't sound very good compared to my full sized $100+ headphones, but for the price they can't be beat, especially if you're wearing them in noisy environments. If the tips don't fit well you can try different tips. Unfortunately standard tips would be a bit loose but you could always use some tape or something to make the nozzle a bit thicker. None of the tips that came with the M6 fit me either, so I used some old Xears tips I had laying around.

The main problem with the MEElec tips is that they're bullet-shaped like Klipsch and Apple tips. The narrow end is too long to seal some ear canals. Since you've owned a few other IEMs, try swapping tips and see if anything fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back