Xbox 360 owners, do yourself a favor and download the BioShock demo!
Aug 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #17 of 60
Played it. Creepy fun, but not really my bag of tea. I'm not a big fan of first person ration shooters. Sure it ups the intensity level, but I just don't like not having enough to shoot with.

I guess there are too many FPS's coming out soon. I'm saving my monies for Halo 3 and COD4.

-Ed

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The demo was good, but one gripe I had was the walking was too fast and felt like you were floating...not really a sense of actually walking...

IIRC, system shock felt similar, so maybe they were trying to keep that aspect of the older games.

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The x800 is faster than the x1300, but the x800 series doesn't support Shader Model 3 and the x1300 does. As Bioshock is a SM3 game, it looks like you're SOL.

That's what I figured. I couldn't play SC and a bunch of other games for the same reason.

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is time to dust off the 360.

Thanks for the heads up! Oh man, I've been looking forward to this one.

uh oh. watch out for that red ring.

bioshock seems like a pretty amazing game. deep story, interesting gameplay. what's not to like?

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh oh. watch out for that red ring.

bioshock seems like a pretty amazing game. deep story, interesting gameplay. what's not to like?

No SHODAN.

biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #22 of 60
Maybe she'll make a cameo?

Aug 14, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #23 of 60
i remember playing system shock in 1996 or whenever it was and not able to sleep or as the lights dimmed in the evening able to play alone. system shock 2 was much the same... this one? is it an fps or an rpg/fps like the old ones. if so, prepare to be bloody pissing yourself

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #25 of 60
To answer the above question, this is supposed to be a FPS/RPG, like System Shock. They should be pretty similar in gameplay, but with a very different environment/plot. Also the interaction with the AI will be different in the case of things like the Big Daddy/Little Sister. That said all I've heard about the demo was good, but some people said it felt too linear, too easy, like any other FPS. However the dev team has said that the demo was meant to be more linear to give you a feel for all of the weapons and plasmids, just basic gameplay. The first level will not be the same as it is in the demo.

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #27 of 60
No Live so I can't download it, but I've got it on pre-order already. I just picked my 360 up a couple weeks ago off craigslist. Got a great deal on it, system with wireless controller, 20GB hard drive, Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, a Fifa game that I already traded, and cables for $275. I picked it up basically for Bioshock and possibly Oblivion although I've already beat GoW on the casual setting and I'm most of the way through Vegas. I don't know if I want to get Live for online play, I got real sick of Counterstrike and such with all the whiny little pre-teen brats running around. I also don't have a solid group of friends with 360's to link up with. If a game comes out that truly has revolutionary multiplayer I'll consider it, but for now I enjoy the single player experience.

Bioshock comes out on my birthday, so I'm taking a paid day off to enjoy this game.

Anyone play System Shock with the 3rd party co-op multiplayer mod? My friends and I had some fun late nights on that one back in the day.

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #28 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To answer the above question, this is supposed to be a FPS/RPG, like System Shock. They should be pretty similar in gameplay, but with a very different environment/plot. Also the interaction with the AI will be different in the case of things like the Big Daddy/Little Sister. That said all I've heard about the demo was good, but some people said it felt too linear, too easy, like any other FPS. However the dev team has said that the demo was meant to be more linear to give you a feel for all of the weapons and plasmids, just basic gameplay. The first level will not be the same as it is in the demo.

Awesome, so the final game won't be very linear then I take it? FEKKING AWESOME, seems like there's NOTHING that the devs missed, everything is just so perfect.
eek.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #30 of 60
I've been told that the demo is basically the tutorial for the final game. After that it should become much more open ended. I can't wait to get my hands on more plasmids and weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back