Xbox 360 owners, do yourself a favor and download the BioShock demo!
Aug 15, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #32 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone play System Shock with the 3rd party co-op multiplayer mod? My friends and I had some fun late nights on that one back in the day.

Yeah, we almost played it through in co-op some years ago, it was a bit buggy but great fun still. Excellent game together with the first one - which is probably why I'm concerned about this new Bioshock.
It looks too "dumbed down" from what the old SS games were. It looks really more like a generic FPS as there's no inventory or anything like that. The free Bioshock artbook didn't really inspire confidence either - then again, there's plenty of ok games with poor concept art.
I'm not a huge FPS fan anymore, they were fun in the good old days of Quake, but now... meh, not for me. I might give this one a go, despite how FPSish it looks but I'll have to wait for the PC demo first.

Aug 15, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by fabool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, we almost played it through in co-op some years ago, it was a bit buggy but great fun still. Excellent game together with the first one - which is probably why I'm concerned about this new Bioshock.
It looks too "dumbed down" from what the old SS games were. It looks really more like a generic FPS as there's no inventory or anything like that. The free Bioshock artbook didn't really inspire confidence either - then again, there's plenty of ok games with poor concept art.
I'm not a huge FPS fan anymore, they were fun in the good old days of Quake, but now... meh, not for me. I might give this one a go, despite how FPSish it looks but I'll have to wait for the PC demo first.

Yeah, it's pretty much a dumbed down FPS. It's all about the atmosphere and story instead. I wouldn't really consider it a sequel of any kind or even related. But Bioshock is not a tactical shooter. It's more like Condemned, just a better story and better looking. Controls and fighting scheme is just as limited and wonky, though.

The concept art is pretty decent. It's just not as polished as some. They focused more on lighting than anything else. In fact the concept art has me interested in possibly buying this game.

-Ed

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #34 of 60
My god, it's beautiful. I've spent a ton of time so far on the medical lab level, lots of stuff to explore (and you could basically call this just the first "real" level, beyond the training stuff).

So, a big part of what makes this awesome is lots of hidden areas, and lots to explore. It's very tense when you know that several enemies are around the corner where you need to go, and trying to find the best way to defeat them and conserve resources.

Aug 21, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My god, it's beautiful. I've spent a ton of time so far on the medical lab level, lots of stuff to explore (and you could basically call this just the first "real" level, beyond the training stuff).

So, a big part of what makes this awesome is lots of hidden areas, and lots to explore. It's very tense when you know that several enemies are around the corner where you need to go, and trying to find the best way to defeat them and conserve resources.

x2
k1000smile.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #41 of 60
I just bought a copy after playing a demo on my pc. I was kinda skeptical as my system's a little outdated (P4, 3.3ghz, 1.5g ram, running 6800GT), but so far so good. I'm likin' what I'm seein'.
cool.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #44 of 60
Its difficult enough on normal, I have no interest on trying it on hard.

There seems to be no strategy to it, other than dump tons of ammo on it, hide behind something if you can, and plan on using most of your health kits.

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #45 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its difficult enough on normal, I have no interest on trying it on hard.

There seems to be no strategy to it, other than dump tons of ammo on it, hide behind something if you can, and plan on using most of your health kits.

Be sure to upgrade your Electro. It's pretty much, shoot, stun, run, shoot, stun, run, shoot, stun, run...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back