New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #586 of 834
Great Information!!
I hope that my LYR is under these one's.......
wink_face.gif

Is a long time to wait about it........before i can hold it in my hands in germany.....

Greets Jens

Quote:
Hey all,

Quick update on Lyr's second run: We'll be shipping early! On Friday, we'll start shipping backorders and will clear all of them up until about March 5. The remainder of the backorders will ship next week, and then we'll (finally) be in a stocking position. At least for a while.

I'll also be out of the country from March 29-April 11, with spotty availability. Expect that I'll be responding to email, but probably not with the alacrity you've seen in the past. In the meantime, Mike and his capable partner Fred will be taking over shipping and answering pressing technical questions or issues--fred@schiit.com.

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #587 of 834
After getting totally addicted to this website and reading different posts every night for the last month and a half, I have finally made a decision and it is the LYR.  Now for my second decision lcd2-he6 or he5le?

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #588 of 834

Quote:
After getting totally addicted to this website and reading different posts every night for the last month and a half, I have finally made a decision and it is the LYR.  Now for my second decision lcd2-he6 or he5le?

All of the above. 
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously though, what's your favorite headphone (that you listen to regularly) now, and why?

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #589 of 834

Where are you located? The easy way to help that decision along is to attend a meet near you. Chances are, with the popularity of those 3 choices, you'll be able to hear them all in one place.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #591 of 834

Quote:
Hey all,

Quick update on Lyr's second run: We'll be shipping early! On Friday, we'll start shipping backorders and will clear all of them up until about March 5. The remainder of the backorders will ship next week, and then we'll (finally) be in a stocking position. At least for a while.

I'll also be out of the country from March 29-April 11, with spotty availability. Expect that I'll be responding to email, but probably not with the alacrity you've seen in the past. In the meantime, Mike and his capable partner Fred will be taking over shipping and answering pressing technical questions or issues--fred@schiit.com.

Good news indeed for those of us who ordered a Lyr before March 5th!  (My order went in on 2/19 - after the Burlingame meet.)

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #593 of 834
After being a dj for ten years the world of hifi is a welcome change. From what I have demoed so far I like the denon d 7000 and grado rs1i's. I didnt really care for the sen hd 650's however when i tested them it was hooked up to a peachtree and IMO not properly amplified.

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #594 of 834

Quote:
I live in Toronto and dont forsee any meets here in the near future, which is why Im combing this site with a fine tooth.

Thats a bummer, its too bad you missed the big Toronto meet earlier this month. But you could talk to some of the folks that go to your local meets and see if you can have a mini meet. It looks like you guys attract a lot of headfiers and have pretty big meets. Seattle had one on March 5th the day before yours and you guys had a bigger list.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #595 of 834
You guys are lucky. I live in New Orleans, where there seems to be nothing. the last Head-Fi reference to a meet hear was in 2006. I can see live music whenever I want, so I suppose that is some consolation.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #597 of 834

Quote:
You guys are lucky. I live in New Orleans, where there seems to be nothing. the last Head-Fi reference to a meet hear was in 2006. I can see live music whenever I want, so I suppose that is some consolation.

I'm in nowheresville here man, trade places with you any day, enjoy!

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #598 of 834
Yeah, its not so bad here. I can also understand why we have no meets here, its on the small side of big cities and doesn't have a huge audiophile community. I do however wish the chose to have a National/International meet here. Most of the people who attend those I assume are from out of town, and who would not love to jump at the opportunity to come down to New Orleans for a few days. It seems like the perfect Music lovers destination. That's just my thought anyway.

On the topic of this thread, I love my Lyr. It is my first headphone amp so I can not really compare it to anything for you, but it does seem to be awesome.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #599 of 834

Quote:
On the topic of this thread, I love my Lyr. It is my first headphone amp so I can not really compare it to anything for you, but it does seem to be awesome.

Considering I'm planning to make it my final amp, I'd say this has to be the best starting point, EVER. XD

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #600 of 834

Users who are viewing this thread

Back