ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #633 of 1,084
Quote:
Are there any online vendors selling the the solo and rx3 together as a combo?
Having checked recently I don't see this option through ALO audios' website..

Not in the US.  I had to order mine through ALO + TTVJ....

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #635 of 1,084
Hi guys, I need some advice from you all...At the moment, I'm contemplating into changing my iem plug to a balanced one.. My current rig is MS-AK100, SM64 v2 with toxic silver poison cable, uber mini to mini and of course rx mk3b+ amp... So is it advisable for me to change my iem plug to a balanced connector so that it is SE input and balanced output.. Will there be a significant enhancement in sound quality? Thanks in advance!

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #636 of 1,084
No I never did... Sorry to be so late on coming back to this thread. It's been a busy year.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #637 of 1,084
I have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....

Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ :) I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #638 of 1,084
I have been really bad about coming to the forums this year....

Just scanning now but let me reply to the most recent person here. Balanced vs. SE. I am thinking more and more that is its just different not better or worse. I personally like Balanced more. I am going to start a new thread about the new RXMKIII B+ :) I love it! got it the day after it was announced. I also want to leave some impressions of the AK120. These forums are absolutely wonderful and so helpful.

Hi monotune, welcome back to the forum! Anyway back to my question, I meant is it worth to have SE input and balanced output? Cos'i ever heard from someone that this configuration doesn't help much... Ideally, it should be either 100% SE or 100% balanced.. Cannot partial SE in, and partial balanced out... Is this true?

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #641 of 1,084
Advice on the following please I have read through the thread and now leaning toward the international rather than the RX3. I have RWAK - 100S, LCD3, W3000 ANV and Future Sonic MG6PRO
Toxic balanced cable for IEM and a right angled mini just waiting on delivery
After a vast amount of reading I still cannot decide on which amp will be best? I am lucky as I can change my order after putting decision on hold, would welcome thoughts on the above and is anyone running something similar thank you

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #642 of 1,084
Quote:
Advice on the following please I have read through the thread and now leaning toward the international rather than the RX3. I have RWAK - 

You have RWAK, why? - because the AK100 has a headphone output impedance of 22ohms, replacing that with the International would defeat the price and point of the RWAK100 mod(1ohm), because the International output impedance is 21ohms.
As for the other products in the ALO lineup no-one seems to know their output impedance.

decide also whether you want an Amp or a DAC/Amp also.

Best ask on the ak100 thread imho. 

also a link for output impedance , aim for less than 1ohm.
http://monoadc.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-99.html

:wink:

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #644 of 1,084
Quote:
Because with the RWAK 100 mod you need to amp. I am concerned with the reported hiss and therefore I want to make the right decision also there are mixed views on this, cheers

Are you talking about the RWAK100-S then? That is the one that NEEDs an amp to function. 

If you are talking about the RWAK100 impedance mod, then again If you choose an amp, select one with a low output impedance or its a pointless exercise.

My `why?` was purely rhetorical.

Good luck.

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #645 of 1,084
I have the Mk3 and since I only use headphones, I have zero "hiss" issue....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back