Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000 Carriable Headphone Amp
Mar 4, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #526 of 621
Thank you for your reply. I have done a factory reset, just tried a hard reset. Plugged the AK power lead into a charger. It is sitting at 30% charge, see what happens in a few hours, not holding my breathe. The battery icon is showing as charging so we will wait and see. Used AK for years, never had an issue before. Again, thank you for your help.
Just to confirm, after hard reset to correct TBC bootloop when I upgraded to 1.10, my CA1000 is charging normally with no issues. Charged it from 40% to full overnight with no problem. Hope your issue resolved itself too?

Rediscovering the CA1000 recently after picking up a pair of Meze 109 Pros - they make an excellent combination.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #527 of 621
Just to confirm, after hard reset to correct TBC bootloop when I upgraded to 1.10, my CA1000 is charging normally with no issues. Charged it from 40% to full overnight with no problem. Hope your issue resolved itself too?

Rediscovering the CA1000 recently after picking up a pair of Meze 109 Pros - they make an excellent combination.
The CA1000 will not charge up at all. Sent it back to the reseller in UK, they are going to forward it on to Germany. Guess I got to wait a few weeks now. I have another 2 CA1000's so not going to change firmware at all.

Thank you for the reply.

My collection so far..........

Attachments

• IMG_20240302_125905.jpg
    IMG_20240302_125905.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #528 of 621
The CA1000 will not charge up at all. Sent it back to the reseller in UK, they are going to forward it on to Germany. Guess I got to wait a few weeks now. I have another 2 CA1000's so not going to change firmware at all.

Thank you for the reply.

My collection so far..........
Wow - that's some collection. Why the multiples of each DAP, if you don't mind me asking?

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #529 of 621
Wow - that's some collection. Why the multiples of each DAP, if you don't mind me asking?
3 X CA1000 brand new, where £500 on Amazon UK a few months ago, 3 x Kann, 1 x Kann Max, 4 x Kann Alpha, 2 x Kann Cube. AK380 plus amp (both in copper) AK300 plus amp (both in black)
SA70 x 3 (Gold, SS, black), lots of AK100's plus their amps by Xduoo. 1 x SE100, 1 X SE180. Just bought Cayin N3PRO which I really like the sound of. Why so many? Probably of my OCD. Have over 32TB of HD music, so that's why I have so many players I guess, 90% are second hand from Ebay, so cheap ish.

I know it's insane.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #530 of 621
3 X CA1000 brand new, where £500 on Amazon UK a few months ago, 3 x Kann, 1 x Kann Max, 4 x Kann Alpha, 2 x Kann Cube. AK380 plus amp (both in copper) AK300 plus amp (both in black)
SA70 x 3 (Gold, SS, black), lots of AK100's plus their amps by Xduoo. 1 x SE100, 1 X SE180. Just bought Cayin N3PRO which I really like the sound of. Why so many? Probably of my OCD. Have over 32TB of HD music, so that's why I have so many players I guess, 90% are second hand from Ebay, so cheap ish.

I know it's insane.
Think most of us in this hobby are collectors of one sort or another - last time I did a proper count I had about 8 different DAPs and over 30 different IEMs...

As long as you can afford it, fill your boots I say. :wink:

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #531 of 621
Just ordered the CA1000T! My first A&K product. Very interested in how it will compare to my current mobile setup (Fiio Q7) and my desktop setup (Pontus II>ZMF Pendant/Burson Soloist 3XGT). It may be another week or two until it arrives, but I'll try to keep you updated on my findings.

I hope it will receive Roon Arc support in the near future! That would be a huge plus for me as it has become my main music app away from my desktop.
It might be too late to ask, but did you compare Q7 with CA1000?

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #533 of 621
Notice that the user who announced this update that has brought problems to several ACRO CA1000 owners is from a new head-fier with a single message?

It has gone completely unnoticed, but it looks like someone hacked into Astell & Kern's servers and introduced a fake firmware that caused the problems for several users (who knows how many more?).

The ACRO is not currently announcing any 1.10 update, but Astell & Kern should recognise this problem and repair or replace the equipment even if it is out of warranty.

Best regards

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-03-20 a las 0.17.20.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-20 a las 0.17.20.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 19, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #534 of 621
Notice that the user who announced this update that has brought problems to several ACRO CA1000 owners is from a new head-fier with a single message?

It has gone completely unnoticed, but it looks like someone hacked into Astell & Kern's servers and introduced a fake firmware that caused the problems for several users (who knows how many more?).

The ACRO is not currently announcing any 1.10 update, but Astell & Kern should recognise this problem and repair or replace the equipment even if it is out of warranty.

Best regards

How is this possible? The update gets pushed on the actual device OTA. What proof do you have its counterfit?

I am curious becuase i updated and have been having some issues after the update.

@JasonNYC can you elaborate?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #536 of 621
I did the update and did not have any issues.

Consider yourself lucky. First OTA mine locked up and froze. Forced reboot and it asked again to update so i did.
This time the update just stayed there saying updating after an hour i gave up and forced rebooted again.
Waited till next day, tried one last time and this time it downloaded and completed then i restarted.
After restart, screen was lagging and unresponsive delays etc.

I ended up resetting it a few times and now seems to work although still some funkyness going on with unresponsiveness/lag every now and then.
I'm not a fan of this firmware. Some areas are a little smoother but other UI areas not so much its a little unpolished IMO.

@JasonNYC Would be nice if it was downloadable. Like the new firmware and previous firmware listed so that if issues arise like these one can flash the previous.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #537 of 621
How is this possible? The update gets pushed on the actual device OTA. What proof do you have its counterfit?

I am curious becuase i updated and have been having some issues after the update.

@JasonNYC can you elaborate?

On my ACRO CA1000 there is no news of any 1.10 update (I don't connect it by default to wifi but use it as a DAC output connected to the Mac) and I find it strange that the first message posted by a new user on the forum is to notify an update that has then brought problems to several experienced users.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #538 of 621
On my ACRO CA1000 there is no news of any 1.10 update (I don't connect it by default to wifi but use it as a DAC output connected to the Mac) and I find it strange that the first message posted by a new user on the forum is to notify an update that has then brought problems to several experienced users.

It's not unheard of to have bad updates from manufacturers though. But if you connect it via Wifi it should show an update (maybe not right away) depending on your region possibly. And you can always check for updates from the device itself when on wifi from settings.

As for the message, It may be just a user mentioning it as a gesture of good faith to notify us. Because I got the update message from the device as did others.
So no side loading or unofficial means was needed.

Hopefuly Astell & Kern will clarify.

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #539 of 621

Best regards
None of our servers have been hacked. There was an issue with the date on all AK players where it would not display years past 2023. We've updated 27 players in the month of February and haven't had a chance to update the website with all the firmware versions for those 27 devices.

The update released OTA was legitimate and fixes the date/time issue, among other bug fixes. The website should be updated soon.

We have never released firmware for download and manual install for any player that has wifi. Wifi enabled players only update OTA from our servers.

We had two reported issues with the latest firmware update and both in UK coincidently. One person's player started working normally after a factory reset and the other was sent in for service. Most of the time when similar issues happen, it is because the update got corrupt on download or install. It very rarely happens, but does happen.

Last edited:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 19, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #540 of 621
None of our servers have been hacked. There was an issue with the date on all AK players where it would not display years past 2023. We've updated 27 players in the month of February and haven't had a chance to update the website with all the firmware versions for those 27 devices.

The update released OTA was legitimate and fixes the date/time issue, among other bug fixes. The website should be updated soon.

We have never released firmware for download and manual install for any player that has wifi. Wifi enabled players only update OTA from our servers.

We had two reported issues with the latest firmware update and both in UK coincidently. One person's player started working normally after a factory reset and the other was sent in for service. Most of the time when similar issues happen, it is because the update got corrupt on download or install. It very rarely happens, but does happen.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is there any plans for any more future updates this year? I ask because although its functioning, my unit is still a little unstable at times. I have restarted a few times in one sitting to get out of a lag/freezing. It would lag slow on album art with previously firmware but never had a freeze issue that made me force restart till now.

And as you say if it was a corrupt download that happens - would be nice for a link in the check for updates on the unit to > redownload and resinstall again if needed. Or some type of way of reinstalling it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back