Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000 Carriable Headphone Amp
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #511 of 621
I haven't had many devices and headphones to compare, but the HE1000 Stealth with the ACRO CA1000 sounds remarkably good. It sounds for example much, much better than a Focal Clear OG. Also, almost all the comments about the HE1000 Stealth are on the side that it needs warm amps, and the ACRO CA1000 has that sound signature.
You need to try more devices, bro. Ca1k has a neutral-cold profile that makes hifiman planars sound thin and bright. Your opinion is appreciated but to call ca1k warm is absurd.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #512 of 621
You need to try more devices, bro. Ca1k has a neutral-cold profile that makes hifiman planars sound thin and bright. Your opinion is appreciated but to call ca1k warm is absurd.
Maybe so. I have simply read many comments highlighting the warm profile of the ACRO CA1000, but I suppose that compared to other devices it is possible to get more warmth. It is true that the HE1000s sound brilliant with the ACRO. I like it on many albums.

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #514 of 621
Maybe so. I have simply read many comments highlighting the warm profile of the ACRO CA1000, but I suppose that compared to other devices it is possible to get more warmth. It is true that the HE1000s sound brilliant with the ACRO. I like it on many albums.
Ca1kt with tubes is warm, ak pa10 is warm, ca1k is not. Can you share a link to these many comments saying ca1k has a warm profile? It'd be an entertaining read for me. Otherwise I suggest for you to try ca1kt or pa10 to hear what warm AK sounds like.
I will have this combo this week and test it out. What you’re saying sounds disappointing.
Good, let us know how you like it. Didn't say disappointing, I said not warm. Sounds cold/bright. Some folks like bright/cold and so you might too.

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #516 of 621
Question about the CA1000 and how power/charging is used on this unit.

If I keep it plugged in at all time, does that shorten the battery life? My primary use for the unit is my work desk. Does the unit have a safety sensor to reserve battery when it’s plugged in?

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #517 of 621
When it reaches full charge charging shuts off. I do not know when it starts charging again when in use. Mine stays plugged in all the time. Not really worried about it.

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #518 of 621
New Firmware available today, version 1.10, fixes the date problem and other stability issues

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #519 of 621
I couldn't find a definitive answer to this: is it possible to connect to hotel wifi with the Acro?
When I swipe down from top bar I don't get an option to sign in, just the normal top bar (with "AMP" and the like), the luminance bar and the input/output settings.

The wifi shows @Hyatt-Wifi but I can't access Qobuz (error 404), so I don't think it signed in?

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #520 of 621
New Firmware available today, version 1.10, fixes the date problem and other stability issues
Have you downloaded /upgraded to this firmware yet? I've just updated and now the CA1000 is stuck in a bootloop on the "A" logo. @JasonNYC can only see the CA1000T listed on the firmware page for v1.10, can someone confirm that the CA1000 is compatible with v1.10?

For reference, it appeared in the auto update option when I turned on the CA1000, so I downloaded and updated on-device, so haven't pulled anything down or tried to run an update that wasn't supposed to be compatible. Slightly concerned I don't know where to go from here to downgrade an A&K firmware, if I ever get the 1000 to turn on again...

**EDIT - Never mind, a hard reset did the trick - the CA1000 is back up and running on v1.10 now. When in doubt, always turn it off and on again before getting stressed! **

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #521 of 621
Have you downloaded /upgraded to this firmware yet? I've just updated and now the CA1000 is stuck in a bootloop on the "A" logo. @JasonNYC can only see the CA1000T listed on the firmware page for v1.10, can someone confirm that the CA1000 is compatible with v1.10?

For reference, it appeared in the auto update option when I turned on the CA1000, so I downloaded and updated on-device, so haven't pulled anything down or tried to run an update that wasn't supposed to be compatible. Slightly concerned I don't know where to go from here to downgrade an A&K firmware, if I ever get the 1000 to turn on again...
Worked fine on my CA1000. I’m sure there should be a way to hard reset this unit to factory.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #522 of 621
Worked fine on my CA1000. I’m sure there should be a way to hard reset this unit to factory.
Just managed to reset it, but thanks for the confirmation.

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #523 of 621
The CA1000 will be Roon Ready. Expecting Roon Ready certification around release date.

**EDIT - Never mind, a hard reset did the trick - the CA1000 is back up and running on v1.10 now. When in doubt, always turn it off and on again before getting stressed! **
Hi there, I upgraded the firmware on my CA1000 to 1.10CM, now I can not charge this device at all, used the same lead that came with the unit. The battery icon is normal, insert the charging cable, the battery icon goes to charging icon but does not charge up at all. Left on over night and the battery level has gone from 40% to 30%. Its only bought in late November from Amazon UK by HEA distribution , waiting for a reply Monday onward. This firmware update is not even on AK's website the previous one was 1.07CM. What is a hard reset?

Attachments

• Battery.jpeg
    Battery.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Icon.jpeg
    Icon.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Mar 3, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #524 of 621
Have you tried a Soft Reset?

While the CA1000 is on, press and hold the power button for 8 - 10 seconds until the CA1000 shuts off. Once off, release the power button and press it again to restart.

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #525 of 621
Have you tried a Soft Reset?

While the CA1000 is on, press and hold the power button for 8 - 10 seconds until the CA1000 shuts off. Once off, release the power button and press it again to restart.
Thank you for your reply. I have done a factory reset, just tried a hard reset. Plugged the AK power lead into a charger. It is sitting at 30% charge, see what happens in a few hours, not holding my breathe. The battery icon is showing as charging so we will wait and see. Used AK for years, never had an issue before. Again, thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back