Astell&Kern Launches New A&norma SR35 Player
Apr 6, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 605
How will the operation performance be in comparison to the SP3000? Everything fast and snappy?
A few things about A&K Daps.

1. They all sound great.

2. The lack of google play or APK installed factory is a million years behind the times. It's pretty cumbersome to get streaming apps on any AK DAP.

3. The OS on the entry level models I had makes them almost unusable regarding UI experience and speed. They are so slow. SO SO SO SLOW. The sr25, kann alpha and kann alpha max. Just dreadful.

4. Edit to add that build quality is second to none. They are works of art. Truly.

5. The upper tier models are pretty fast.

It's amazing that the little Hiby R6 iii I just got is fast as an iphone....say....12...and it's $499.

The American support phone number is pretty clunky. They do always get back to you but it seems like it's maybe 2-3 guys.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #33 of 605
Why are their players normally so ugly with distorted geometry ! Always looks like designed by the Mad Hatter in Wonderland.
Put one in your hand, then you will understand...

Q-6

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #34 of 605

2. The lack of google play or APK installed factory is a million years behind the times. It's pretty cumbersome to get streaming apps on any AK DAP.
I guess nothing has changed. I am still feeling burned for paying $1,800 for my AK320 and losing Tidal after a couple of years. Seems like a lot of people were ok with it. Something to consider as the DAP market is full of open Android players.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #38 of 605

1. They all sound great.

3. The OS on the entry level models I had makes them almost unusable regarding UI experience and speed. They are so slow. SO SO SO SLOW. The sr25, kann alpha and kann alpha max. Just dreadful.

4. Edit to add that build quality is second to none. They are works of art. Truly.

5. The upper tier models are pretty fast.

It's amazing that the little Hiby R6 iii I just got is fast as an iphone....say....12...and it's $499.

The American support phone number is pretty clunky. They do always get back to you but it seems like it's maybe 2-3 guys.
I agree, Kann Max was slow, but even Kann Max was better than 320X. I remember it with nostalgia. That said, AK offers one of the most referenced products on the market. No other company had this success

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #42 of 605
Is it going to be snapdragon?

They haven't said anything about the SOC or even the Android version, so it must not be worth bragging about. :wink:

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #43 of 605
Probably going to sound nice but I think I will stick with my FiiO M11 Plus ESS at least its battery doesnt drain in a matter of days while its switched off sitting on the shelf, my previous SA700 was terrible in that regard (drained 20% within a week of no use flat within a month of no use), I hope the SR35 doesnt suffer the same problem, kinda put me off Astell&Kern.

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #44 of 605
Four channels of DAC? I've not personally researched, so I'll ask here: why?

Oh, and I also like the "crooked case". I wanted to be able to afford an A240 simply for that. It's not new to A&K. I guess I'm as much a dinosaur as A&K's UI designers. I don't mind the poor streaming support or how long it takes to scan a modified library. I don't even notice the slow scrolls. Much of that is in how I use my DAP, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back