Audeze has my headphones and won't reply.....HELP!!
Feb 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #46 of 86

Quote:

Very likely, due to their success, they are overwhelmed. I've seen the same thing happen to half-a-dozen other small companies on here recently.

This was a valid excuse two years ago when the LCD-2's came out.  They have had more than enough time to work out a proper CS system with either quick turnaround time, responsiveness, or both.  They do make great headphones though, and I guess they're better than dealing with Yama's when you have Stax issues....

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #48 of 86

Quote:
Quote:

Very likely, due to their success, they are overwhelmed. I've seen the same thing happen to half-a-dozen other small companies on here recently.

This was a valid excuse two years ago when the LCD-2's came out.  They have had more than enough time to work out a proper CS system with either quick turnaround time, responsiveness, or both.  They do make great headphones though, and I guess they're better than dealing with Yama's when you have Stax issues....

It's easy to say that. 
smile.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #49 of 86

Quote:
I just received my LCD-3s back from Audeze, who had them since December (partially at my request, as I was going on holidays). Though I had asked for them to be returned in January, they came almost a month late. While I was a little annoyed, it was mainly for the lack of communication and emails not being replied to. It turned out they wanted to be absolutely sure that they wouldn't fail again before sending them and were waiting for a production run of non-faulty drivers to finish. The problem is, they should have communicated this earlier to me.

We're used to receiving everything instantly nowadays and have problems fixed immediately. 

Due to their success or did you mean due to all the failures that need to be repaired is the reason they are so overwhelmed. Sorry Amos I cant understand rushing a product to market for the Christmas Sales season at a whopping  2K that was nor properly made and from what I been seeing on the boards here it also the R2 LCD2 issues. i cannot accept that from any manufacturer and I totally can understand why a customer can be aggravated and also  what I cannot understand is why everyone is so supportive of a company that is demonstrating poor and flat out bad service and too many issues with production problems. I cannot understand that. I had issues with my pair of lCD2 and got a replacement but now there are too may issues and lot of good brick and mortar stores here who are also getting back stuff on their 30 day return policy. I also remember the Singlepower fiasco. I am not so sure there sales are overwhelming them as much as their returns and repairs.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #51 of 86

Quote:
If Audeze wanted to make a case for libel, they would have to prove the OP wrong - which is hard to do as he could find a definition of theft that falls within the guidelines of "taking a repair and never returning it."

I would classify the OP's statements as sensationalism/exaggeration.

Correct. I see nothing libelous here. He is expressing his experiences and his impression of that experience. He's also left in the dark as to where his property is, that he paid for, and sent back to the manufacturer in good faith.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #52 of 86

Quote:
Due to their success or did you mean due to all the failures that need to be repaired is the reason they are so overwhelmed. Sorry Amos I cant understand rushing a product to market for the Christmas Sales season at a whopping  2K that was nor properly made and from what I been seeing on the boards here it also the R2 LCD2 issues. i cannot accept that from any manufacturer and I totally can understand why a customer can be aggravated and also  what I cannot understand is why everyone is so supportive of a company that is demonstrating poor and flat out bad service and too many issues with production problems. I cannot understand that. I had issues with my pair of lCD2 and got a replacement but now there are too may issues and lot of good brick and mortar stores here who are also getting back stuff on their 30 day return policy. I also remember the Singlepower fiasco. I am not so sure there sales are overwhelming them as much as their returns and repairs.

This is something I pointed out within the last hour, two pages up - it is both sales and returns/repairs. Having worked for an emerging but small audio manufacturer that at times, got overwhelmed, I know what they're going through. You can see them clearly trying to control labor and output. But they would be wise to adopt temporary part-time labor. 

Also, it would help all of us as consumers if we accurately represent our experiences. I started to read this thread from the beginning with "Sankar" breaking his promise in mind. Until it was revealed that Sankar never said they would go out, but should go out tomorrow...

Sankar, Jan-19 21:04 (PST):
They should ship back to you tomorrow.

I continue to root for the small dealers, designers, engineers, members-of-the-trade and such. Being the best customers we can dealing with current matters, could go far in helping others in situations yet to come. Do take action but stay positive!

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #53 of 86

Quote:
You should look into the definition of libel.

lol, they're not celebrities 

There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth. Usually specifically referred to as "proving malice
the OP's sta[size=xx-small]tement false? no I would they they are holding his money and his property as ransom expecting to receive payment in the form of more time[/size]
[size=x-small]did the statement cause harm? yes, it did but I say deservedly in this case[/size]
[size=xx-small]without adequate research? perhaps it was exaggerated to a extent, but audeze can try to settle this international dispute if they want, but the OP can rest assured no one will profit out of this[/size]

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #54 of 86
You are right, absolutely spot on.  This place gets taken advantage of by headphone companies, and people buy into it.  Audeze may make a fantastic headphone—only auditioned it once on a small uDAC-HP2—but this customer service is unacceptable no matter what your excuse is.  And the fact that people are defending them is just more disgusting in and of itself.  What's even more disgusting and hypocritical is that so many of you bash Monster, Best Buy, Fry's and various other retail stores, commercial brands when their customer service FAR outpaces anyone's experience with Audeze.  Monster may make a terrible headphone; but they have good customer service.  Same goes for Bose.  How hypocritical of a lot of y'all for dissing these brands then going out and protecting Audeze for their horrible customer service.  When things like this and a bad rep spreads in a small community like Head-Fi to which a good 45% of sales come from; that's piss-poor customer service no matter how you slice it.  That is the trade-off for the people considering a HD700 or a Audeze phone.  This company will stay small-game until customer service improves, and the way you coddle this company this forum NOTHING will change if you continue to allow/support it.

Quote:
Expensive cables aren't a creation of head-fi, and neither are the prices of modern high end headphones. Small companies with abysmal support, though, seem to go hand-in-hand with head-fi... It's tricky ground, too, because there is such a protection offered to sponsors even when they should be getting criticism. If Monster got a sponsorship with head-fi, you'd see a lot less defamation.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #55 of 86
in other news: did ya'll hear that Haliburton, better known for water purifying solutions are being accused of supplying school lunches across the nation that were tainted with trace amounts of toluene, xylene, and odorless mineral spirits? apparently the foam trays started breaking down when exposed to temperatures exceeding sixty degrees Fahrenheit and the petroleum based trays would leech noxious chemicals toxic in even minute quantities into anything that was in contact with the material.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #56 of 86
Wow this blows. I've been thinking about getting some LCD's since I got my Meier Classic amp.

I can understand boutique products having more 'minor' issues than stamped out mass produced line products, but that is no excuse for piss-poor customer service.

The only affiliation I have with Dr. Meier is being a repeat customer so don't get the wrong idea of the below but...

Being a small company (even a one man show) doesn't have to mean unreliable products with even worse customer service. I can personally attest that Meier Audio for example has some of the best if not THE best customer service I've ever experienced - no matter the size of the company (even though his is a very small business).

Not knocking Audeze, if the sound really is that good I hope they stick around and improve to the point where there phones are more reliable, and perhaps their prices come down a bit... this price proliferation is ridiculous. I excuse Stax of course because with sound that good and that different from almost everyone else for so long they can do whatever the hell they want! I know one of their earlier loudspeakers for instance was (and still is) the best I've ever heard... but I had to wonder: nice car or another pair of loudspeakers.
normal_smile%20.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #57 of 86

Quote:
in other news: did ya'll hear that Haliburton, better known for water purifying solutions are being accused of supplying school lunches across the nation that were tainted with trace amounts of toluene, xylene, and odorless mineral spirits? apparently the foam trays started breaking down when exposed to temperatures exceeding sixty degrees Fahrenheit and the petroleum based trays would leech noxious chemicals toxic in even minute quantities into anything that was in contact with the material.

Cool story bro

OP, dude, it's quite simple.  You paid a $1000 for these phones, they supply you a contractually bound warranty, they must honor it.  They haven't returned your headphones (theft) and are breaking contract.  At this point, they'd receive a letter stating that you will take them to court if the contract is not upheld and the item in question returned.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #59 of 86

Hello Head-fi Community,

While there is no excuse for our service in this case we would like to apologize.  We are a growing company experiencing bumps on the learning curve as we increase our product line.  As such, we have hired a new customer service representative and are addressing the apparent issues.  

We would like to open ourselves up to any concerns anyone would like to communicate.  Please email us at info@audeze.com or support@audeze.com and we will do what it takes to make you satisfied.

As for the few of you who still have outstanding RMA's please expect a status update within 24.

We understand your frustration and are making every effort to mitigate the situation.

-Audeze

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back