Audeze has my headphones and won't reply.....HELP!!
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #61 of 86
Very professional of Audeze to apologize openly to Head-Fi. Bravo.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #63 of 86
Not only that, we over hype everything, and I think because of that all these companies are taking advantage of the community. Ridiculously high priced cables, and headphone prices skyrocketing within the last few years, I really think we are at a point where we have to say enough is enough.

Wait wait wait.. you mean to tell me a $200 ALO Audio LOD for iPod is not the deal of the century?!

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #64 of 86

Quote:
Wait wait wait.. you mean to tell me a $200 ALO Audio LOD for iPod is not the deal of the century?!

indeed so son, it's advertised as the deal of the century, but it's actually the millennium so they're understating the f-ing awesome ness of it all, cryo treated chicken wings? 20% better

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #65 of 86
I commend Audeze for their public apology. Simple and to the point and how hard was that? I also believe that an explanation should have been delivered personally to donfindale back in January. Why wait until it reaches a boiling point? 't ain't doin' nobody no good. Still it is good to hear that Audeze is working hard on addressing its growing pains.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #66 of 86

Quote:

lol, they're not celebrities 

There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth. Usually specifically referred to as "proving malice
the OP's sta[size=xx-small]tement false? no I would they they are holding his money and his property as ransom expecting to receive payment in the form of more time[/size]
[size=x-small]did the statement cause harm? yes, it did but I say deservedly in this case[/size]
[size=xx-small]without adequate research? perhaps it was exaggerated to a extent, but audeze can try to settle this international dispute if they want, but the OP can rest assured no one will profit out of this[/size]

They don't have to be 'celebrities', in the usual sense of the word.

They need only be a 'public figure', or a 'limited public figure',
to use the correct legal terminology.

Audeze has put its name into the public arena to make itself and its products known.
It's a commercial enterprise, and surely a 'public figure', meaning it would have to prove 'actual malice'
in order to prevail in a libel suit.  It's a nearly impossible hurdle to overcome.

Credit to Audeze for its apology.
Credit to this thread and this forum for eliciting a response from the company.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #67 of 86

Bravo for the apology, BUT it makes me believe that Head-Fi.org > info@audeze.com.

in addition, what about other customers like me who ordered the lcd-2 a while ago, will I receive my brand new headphone that is built from refurbished units? I hope you are not doing this, cuz it will be another expensive bill on your learning curve
Quote:

Hello Head-fi Community,

While there is no excuse for our service in this case we would like to apologize.  We are a growing company experiencing bumps on the learning curve as we increase our product line.  As such, we have hired a new customer service representative and are addressing the apparent issues.  

We would like to open ourselves up to any concerns anyone would like to communicate.  Please email us at info@audeze.com or support@audeze.com and we will do what it takes to make you satisfied.

As for the few of you who still have outstanding RMA's please expect a status update within 24.

We understand your frustration and are making every effort to mitigate the situation.

-Audeze

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #68 of 86
I just received my LCD-3s back from Audeze, who had them since December (partially at my request, as I was going on holidays). Though I had asked for them to be returned in January, they came almost a month late. While I was a little annoyed, it was mainly for the lack of communication and emails not being replied to. It turned out they wanted to be absolutely sure that they wouldn't fail again before sending them and were waiting for a production run of non-faulty drivers to finish. The problem is, they should have communicated this earlier to me.

Very likely, due to their success, they are overwhelmed. I've seen the same thing happen to half-a-dozen other small companies on here recently.

We're used to receiving everything instantly nowadays and have problems fixed immediately. 

Just ask Schiit how many Bifrosts they expected to make. They are well over 1000 now and I'm guessing their initial estimates were in the 200-300 range. The 6 moons review a few days ago was the first publication review and there has been no advertising for the unit until now. They are finally getting a handle on the backorders and should be mostly up to date in a couple weeks, but it just goes to show how much demand there is for some of these units. Luckily in Schiit's case, their communication hasn't broken down like with some other companies. Jason's always on the ball.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #69 of 86
Due to their success or did you mean due to all the failures that need to be repaired is the reason they are so overwhelmed. Sorry Amos I cant understand rushing a product to market for the Christmas Sales season at a whopping  2K that was nor properly made and from what I been seeing on the boards here it also the R2 LCD2 issues. i cannot accept that from any manufacturer and I totally can understand why a customer can be aggravated and also  what I cannot understand is why everyone is so supportive of a company that is demonstrating poor and flat out bad service and too many issues with production problems. I cannot understand that. I had issues with my pair of lCD2 and got a replacement but now there are too may issues and lot of good brick and mortar stores here who are also getting back stuff on their 30 day return policy. I also remember the Singlepower fiasco. I am not so sure there sales are overwhelming them as much as their returns and repairs.

Good point. From the outside it does look like a significant amount of manpower is being used on the service side. They are spinning their wheels spitting out units only to have the wind blow it back in their face.

@ Audeze

Glad to see the message. I wonder if 'hiring a new PR guy' is enough? It sounds like the company is surely holding interest with the masses, perhaps time to slow things down get your LCD2 and LCD3 production to the point where your returns are almost zero, then launch a new unit. You don't have to make a new unit every year to succeed when you have so many people still buying your current models. Just ask Koss (unfortunate theft recently) who makes the same headphones for decades and introduces new ones only so often. I get the feeling like you are worried if you don't constantly push out a new unit you will lose the wave of interest you currently are riding. Audio isn't computers or cars, headphones don't magically become obsolete or break down often (except yours! zing.. ok sorry :frowning2:) enough to need constantly refreshed lines. People are listening to headphones made 30+ years ago and enjoying them just as much as the ones made yesterday. Take your time, make the best product you can. It's done when it's done.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #70 of 86

Quote:

Hello Head-fi Community,

While there is no excuse for our service in this case we would like to apologize.  We are a growing company experiencing bumps on the learning curve as we increase our product line.  As such, we have hired a new customer service representative and are addressing the apparent issues.  

We would like to open ourselves up to any concerns anyone would like to communicate.  Please email us at info@audeze.com or support@audeze.com and we will do what it takes to make you satisfied.

As for the few of you who still have outstanding RMA's please expect a status update within 24.

We understand your frustration and are making every effort to mitigate the situation.

-Audeze

Thank you , Audeze.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #72 of 86

Quote:
I commend Audeze for their public apology. Simple and to the point and how hard was that? I also believe that an explanation should have been delivered personally to donfindale back in January. Why wait until it reaches a boiling point? 't ain't doin' nobody no good. Still it is good to hear that Audeze is working hard on addressing its growing pains.

True. Audeze still has an opportunity to make it right for him; make a new example of him. He might even return by Valentine's Day professing his new found love for Audeze, once they do make it right... in a big way. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #73 of 86

Quote:
Quote:
I just received my LCD-3s back from Audeze, who had them since December (partially at my request, as I was going on holidays). Though I had asked for them to be returned in January, they came almost a month late. While I was a little annoyed, it was mainly for the lack of communication and emails not being replied to. It turned out they wanted to be absolutely sure that they wouldn't fail again before sending them and were waiting for a production run of non-faulty drivers to finish. The problem is, they should have communicated this earlier to me.

Very likely, due to their success, they are overwhelmed. I've seen the same thing happen to half-a-dozen other small companies on here recently.

We're used to receiving everything instantly nowadays and have problems fixed immediately. 

Due to their success or did you mean due to all the failures that need to be repaired is the reason they are so overwhelmed. Sorry Amos I cant understand rushing a product to market for the Christmas Sales season at a whopping  2K that was nor properly made and from what I been seeing on the boards here it also the R2 LCD2 issues. i cannot accept that from any manufacturer and I totally can understand why a customer can be aggravated and also  what I cannot understand is why everyone is so supportive of a company that is demonstrating poor and flat out bad service and too many issues with production problems. I cannot understand that. I had issues with my pair of lCD2 and got a replacement but now there are too may issues and lot of good brick and mortar stores here who are also getting back stuff on their 30 day return policy. I also remember the Singlepower fiasco. I am not so sure there sales are overwhelming them as much as their returns and repairs.

Probably both. I don't think any company run by any sense would release a half-baked product, commit effective suicide when it fails as a result.  Comparing them to Singlepower is highly unfair. Audeze aren't putting wallwarts in $10,000 amps then screwing the case down so tight nobody can open them up to find out how they've been had.  Regardless, the sympathy tends to be from people who have actually had to deal with startup companies and all the issues, as well as people who believe that Audeze is run by genuine people who want to make a great product. It's easy as a consumer just to complain and say "It is isn't good enough" (which, of course, it isn't), but it ultimately depends on a company solving their problems.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #74 of 86

Quote:

Agreed. Having amongst the world's very best headphones is a definite advantage, but excellent customer service is a must as well.

Audeze, and other audio companies, are riding a wave of momentum from the exploding head-fi sector. The Market will decide different audio manufacturer's fate, without question. But on both sides the cash registers we are human. Some members of the trade engage in practices that shouldn't be tolerated, for sure. Other MOTS get into difficult situations that are not always for-seen. 

I know in our professional and personal lives, many of us have been caught in difficult situations. Isn't it great when those we're dealing with gives us a break? I think so. When customer service has deteriorated to unacceptable levels, I feel the customer can still influence a positive outcome without having to turn completely negative. Hurling unfounded accusations. And misconstruing a company's response. 

No one wants to be taken advantage of; treated with disrespect by a company. Sometimes, they simply need an opportunity to make things right, no matter the blame. Equally important, a bad response to bad customer service threatens to poison other ares of your life. But these are my views... and experience from being in Audeze's shoes. I'm all for letting the Industry hear our voices, without a doubt. But in a way that's both positive and productive. 
smiley_thumb.gif

Do know, MacedonaianHero, that I'm broadcasting my reply as opposed to taking you up on this issue with no dog in the race. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #75 of 86

Quote:
Audeze, and other audio companies, are riding a wave of momentum from the exploding head-fi sector. The Market will decide different audio manufacturer's fate, without question. But on both sides the cash registers we are human. Some members of the trade engage in practices that shouldn't be tolerated, for sure. Other MOTS get into difficult situations that are not always for-seen. 

I know in our professional and personal lives, many of us have been caught in difficult situations. Isn't it great when those we're dealing with gives us a break? I think so. When customer service has deteriorated to unacceptable levels, I feel the customer can still influence a positive outcome without having to turn completely negative. Hurling unfounded accusations. And misconstruing a company's response. 

No one wants to be taken advantage of; treated with disrespect by a company. Sometimes, they simply need an opportunity to make things right, no matter the blame. Equally important, a bad response to bad customer service threatens to poison other ares of your life. But these are my views... and experience from being in Audeze's shoes. I'm all for letting the Industry hear our voices, without a doubt. But in a way that's both positive and productive. 
smiley_thumb.gif

Do know, MacedonaianHero, that I'm broadcasting my reply as opposed to taking you up on this issue with no dog in the race. 
biggrin.gif

FWIW, I've always had great service from Audeze. Sankar has most always answered my phone calls/emails. Think we're kinda in agreement here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back