Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?...
Oct 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 281

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
I have actually done a lot of reading on iems... A LOT.... but did not came to a conclussion on what has the best soundstage?....

so price range is.... around 1000$.....
i read about shure se 846, sennheiser ie800, akg 3003, ultrasone iq.... and a lot more cheaper or more exensive... but none seems to have a very good soundstage.....

can you please recommend an IEM that has the best soundstage?....

also, i want it to be universal... would be nice to have chageable cables...

EDIT::: To give a spoiler, on how my search ends, I buy Ie800 and it has the best soundstage I have ever heared. On par with hd800. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 281
Wait a bit for the HAVI B6. The B3 is already one of the better for sound stage esp. when powered properly. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 281
Tralucent 1+2 would be my nominee for "Most Expansive Soundstage In A Universal IEM" - A new pair is over 1K - but there are used ones floating around the FS/FT thread - and they are well built.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 281
  all i can say, is that the shure se846 bests my t1 in soundstage size

When you put it that way, the Shure SE846 seems like a great bargain because it costs over 25 times as much as the TTPod T1. 
wink.gif

But seriously, you should try the Havi B3 Pro which are around $60. The most expensive IEMs I've heard are only the Westone 4, DN-2000 and TripleFi 10 (I wish I knew people with $1000 IEMs. lol), and the B3 Pro's soundstage is still unmatched by any of them. The B3 Pro requires sufficient power though. I don't think any smartphone can power them adequately to their best.

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 281
i will be having a fiio x5 and maybe a fiio e12 mont blanc as an amp...

if i will fiind a better portable amp [power and batterry like] i will get it... also, for my question, forget about my budgt limitation... i am just looking for the best soundstage in an iem....

shure se 846 seem like much of a bad purchase considerng that it has less soundstage than others...
Also, translucent seems worse than sierns....

i added to my list of possible iems jh audio sirens roxanne, which until now has the most of my likelyness to buy...

if anyone is up to recommend me a better pair of iems i am all ears"......

also, this was not in the title, and i might need to open a new thread, but what is the best soundstage in a closed headphone?....

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 281
I don't get why people are recommending SE846's, it sounds pretty darn congested compared to an IE800 or K3003.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #9 of 281
  I don't get why people are recommending SE846's, it sounds pretty darn congested compared to an IE800 or K3003.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681956/a-brief-comparison-review-of-the-akg-k3003i-vs-the-shure-se846

Neat comparison.  Comes down to what you value I think.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #11 of 281
  read that thing too.... until now i narrowed it down to getting the jh sirens roxanne.... i think that those are the best and most expensive universals... also, everyone seems to think that they have the most soundstage in an iem....

The Roxanne's, be warned, they are huge, and may not fit your ears. 
Best to buy from someone with a liberal return policy, or  try if you can, before buying.

Oh, and did you look at the noble K10, probably out of your price, but they do have a universal coming  out, people rate it up there with the Roxanne's, but it is smaller. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 281
you made me think... i could try nobles k10, if they have better soundstage...

also, for headphones/iems i might get fiio mont blanc, and/or chrod hugo if fiio will not suffice.... as for headphones, this is not the right thread, but i need closed back, so i will look into ultrasone, signature dj and pro, ultrasone pro 900, lcd xc... i will add more headphones to testing list as soon as i fiind headphones with gread soundstage and closed back...

EDIT::: i actually have pretty small ears... only used small silicone tips from any iem i used... sennheiser's IE8 foam tip, the small one was way too big for my ears.... but i understand that roxanne's are not big as the part that goes into the canal, but the iems themselves... then this would not be a big problem, as i have pretty big ears...  

--like jecklin floater ears^_^...

EDIT 2:: i kept searching how big the roxannes are... so... they are very big... i might not be able to fit them in my ears afterall....

i was thinking about unique melody mentor.... do they have better soundstage, or at least the same soundstage as the roxanne?....

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #15 of 281
you can put the most expensive universal iem if you think that that is the one that sounds best....

i kind of began to understand things better... a user told me in a thread to go with a treble oriented headphone, as more treble might be perceived by brain as more soundstage... i think that that user was right... i am kind of really into my dj one pro, but it has a LOT of treble... so... more treble might be great for more soundstage... so.... i might be going for akg k3003... even though they seem to be the worst value for price as i cannot change the cables......

i am really into sound signature of sennheiser hd800, and i am not into sound signature of audeze................ you can make what you like of this!.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back