Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?...
Oct 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #16 of 281
you can put the most expensive universal iem if you think that that is the one that sounds best....

i kind of began to understand things better... a user told me in a thread to go with a treble oriented headphone, as more treble might be perceived by brain as more soundstage... i think that that user was right... i am kind of really into my dj one pro, but it has a LOT of treble... so... more treble might be great for more soundstage... so.... i might be going for akg k3003... even though they seem to be the worst value for price as i cannot change the cables......

i am really into sound signature of sennheiser hd800, and i am not into sound signature of audeze................ you can make what you like of this!.......

Best soundstage is kind of a vague characteristic since soundstage encompasses various attributes including width, depth, height, and positional accuracy. Many IEMs, even the most expensive/technically oriented make compromises in several of these categories to excel at others, so it really comes down to what type of presentation you favor most, whether that's wide and spacious, but ultimately diffuse or more intimate but highly dimensional.

With that said, if your favored signature is that of the HD800, your best bet is gonna be the K3003

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #17 of 281
  you made me think... i could try nobles k10, if they have better soundstage...

also, for headphones/iems i might get fiio mont blanc, and/or chrod hugo if fiio will not suffice.... as for headphones, this is not the right thread, but i need closed back, so i will look into ultrasone, signature dj and pro, ultrasone pro 900, lcd xc... i will add more headphones to testing list as soon as i fiind headphones with gread soundstage and closed back...

EDIT::: i actually have pretty small ears... only used small silicone tips from any iem i used... sennheiser's IE8 foam tip, the small one was way too big for my ears.... but i understand that roxanne's are not big as the part that goes into the canal, but the iems themselves... then this would not be a big problem, as i have pretty big ears...  

--like jecklin floater ears^_^...

EDIT 2:: i kept searching how big the roxannes are... so... they are very big... i might not be able to fit them in my ears afterall....

i was thinking about unique melody mentor.... do they have better soundstage, or at least the same soundstage as the roxanne?....

Just received a universal Mentor in the post today - at first blush, it has quite a nice soundstage - will need to listen and compare to my other IEMs more for any real determination....

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #18 of 281
i was going to read about unique melody next... as i dropped roxannes from my list, removed ie800 and removed ultrasone iq, i am kind of interested in akg k3003, but these are my last resort due to the fact that i cannot change the cables.... i am an abusive user.... 

so... what is more out there?....
i will start to read about unique melody, what else is out there?....

Edit: i want the soundstage to be as wide as possible, exactly like hd800... i don't want it to be accurate, i want it to be wide and send the sound like they are coming from everywhere... i want to have fun with music, the general sound signature would be great to be coming from everywhere, analytical, with more highs than the rest, and the general sound to be woth the price.... and yes, i am looking for buying a flagship that confirms to my tastes.... 

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #19 of 281
If you're feeling iffy about the K3003, my next choice would be the DITA Answer. It doesn't have a removable cable either, but its cable is pretty robust

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #21 of 281
I was also looking for an IEM with a huge soundstage, and after a lot of research here and after reading this article http://www.headfonia.com/um-mage-customs/ I decided on going with Unique Melody Merlin. The Merlin do really have an immense soundstage that offer a very ambient, layered and immersive experience, way more than my Ultrasone Pro 900. I don't think you will go wrong with any model Merlin/Miracle/Mentor/Mage all seem to have a huge stage. The Merlins are supposed to have some similarities with the sound of the k3003. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #22 of 281

As a current IEM owner of Sure 315, 535's  and AKG 3003i's would say the AKG's have the edge over the 535's. If budget is a factor, the Sure 535's is a fantastic IEM for the $$$. Also bought the 535 accessory cord set for i-phone. Find that feature handy for wearing my 535's everyday and answer phone calls while listening on the go.

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #24 of 281
  right now i think that almost sure i am going to go with akg k3003 without remote on the line..... but i found this:

http://www.moon-audio.com/jh3a-dsp-amp-with-audio-jh16-pro-custom-in-ear-monitor.html

is it a better deal?... i wonder?....

That's a great price - but it is an unwieldy system - the amp needs to be present and taken with you when you go mobile - I believe there are aftermarket cables that bypass the amp - there are 2 plugs per side, each with 2 pins - so it is a bit of a monster...

I only have the regular JH16FP - and it is nice to be able to use any amp, any cable, and any DAP....

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #25 of 281

JH audio 8 drivers on those puppies! Interesting for sure. Sounds like some very complex drivers and circuitry in such a small package.
I have the budget to custom molded IEM, but not in a noise situation like FOH(front of house) mixing position at a concert or other places where I need that kind of external noise reduction level custom ear pieces provide.

I like plucking my IEM's out of my ears and quickly re-inserting as needed for public conversations and such.
The thought  of licking and/or fiddle farting with custom ear molds in/out during the day is not my cup of tea.
If simply sitting down for an evening listening session, ok get that and no issue.

I want excellent fidelity on the go, while relaxing in bed, but also need a level of convenience.

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #26 of 281
  right now i think that almost sure i am going to go with akg k3003 without remote on the line..... but i found this:

http://www.moon-audio.com/jh3a-dsp-amp-with-audio-jh16-pro-custom-in-ear-monitor.html

is it a better deal?... i wonder?....

Like I said, if your chief goal is replicating the signature of the HD800, the K3003 is it. The JH16's tonal balance isn't anything like the HD800's, the JH13 is closer in that respect. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 281

JH audio 8 drivers on those puppies! Interesting for sure. Sounds like some very complex drivers and circuitry in such a small package.
I have the budget to custom molded IEM, but not in a noise situation like FOH(front of house) mixing position at a concert or other places where I need that kind of external noise reduction level custom ear pieces provide.

I like plucking my IEM's out of my ears and quickly re-inserting as needed for public conversations and such.
The thought  of licking and/or fiddle farting with custom ear molds in/out during the day is not my cup of tea.
If simply sitting down for an evening listening session, ok get that and no issue.

I want excellent fidelity on the go, while relaxing in bed, but also need a level of convenience.

I would agree that the 13 is closer to the 3003 and the Sennheiser 800 - while the 16 (IMHO) is still a clear accurate IEM - the bass is quite boosted
L3000.gif

As for convenience... I can get my customs in and out of my ears faster than any of my universals....

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #28 of 281
i need an iem that would have more highs than everything else... highs and soundstage... like ultrasone usually has.... the most upper high region and high region must be louder than the rest.... also i want the most wide soundstage possible.... if i have to pick at a 300$ difference, would akg k3003 beat sennheiser ie800?... i wonder?....

also, my country has some bad laws about importing if you are not a shop, and i would have to choose from ultrasone iq, sennheiser ie800 and akg k3003... the rest would be a hassle, but i would pay if i would get a very very good sound....

also, no one said anything about fitear to go 334, westone um 50 pro... i don't understand, why there are universal models that are never mentioned in a question forum,..... i mean... i would go for k3003 instead of searching so much and asking so much, but this is a hobby which takes a lot of mind and money, and k3003 is $1300 after all....

EdT:::

Also, Unique Melody Mircale looks good on graphs.... Marvel, Aero, Miracle.... And Mentor Looks amazing... i still am saying that i need more highs than the rest of the spectrum, and i need the best soundstage...

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #29 of 281
The TG334 is pretty hard to get hold of and the UM50Pro.... erm... just wasn't all that good to be fair. YMMV.

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #30 of 281
The TG334 also sounds nothing like the HD800. Neither do the ie800 or UM Miracle. Again, just buy the K3003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back