Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
Nov 7, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #2,133 of 2,326
Hey, looks like I am the one who got up later today. :)

@up late thanks for the heads up, I'll see if I can close the thread I just started.

L.E.: I see that the thread started by Burson is on the Sponsor Announcements and Deals instead on the Headphone Amps (full-size), not sure why. I'm now thinking that a thread where sponsors are announcing something should not be used for audiophile opinions and reviews.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #2,134 of 2,326
there are numerous threads created by forum sponsors that head-fi members participate in. you can express your candid opinions, discuss and debate the merits or otherwise of a product there just as freely as you would in any other forum thread.

Nov 7, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #2,135 of 2,326
I talked to the owner of that thread and indeed the correct section is the one where I created the new thread about Voyager, this way all the searches on Head-Fi will be properly indexed based on the Headamps category, so everyone can lookup for the Voyager in the proper Headamps section instead of the Sponsors one.

The thread created by the Burson Sponsor is to talk about the deal itself and about any related stuff, hope this clears up things a bit.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #2,138 of 2,326
I talked to the owner of that thread and indeed the correct section is the one where I created the new thread about Voyager, this way all the searches on Head-Fi will be properly indexed based on the Headamps category, so everyone can lookup for the Voyager in the proper Headamps section instead of the Sponsors one.

The thread created by the Burson Sponsor is to talk about the deal itself and about any related stuff, hope this clears up things a bit.
okey dokey. i doubt that I'll be frequenting either thread anyway.:relaxed:

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #2,140 of 2,326
I'm curious about the technological and sound changes between GT 2023 and the Voyager, I'm sure there must be something in there worthing the price difference.
Looks like fanless casee design, preinstalled SP2 and upgraded volume control... I just returned my 2023 due to uncontrolled blasts of distortion that almost damaged my Atriums that I disconnected just in time. I may upgrade to Voyager just so store not having to install SP2 modules. I really do not like this short term product revisions...

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #2,142 of 2,326
I'm not sure why they list SP2 as a bonus it appears they are preinstalled at 3500.00 USD. Every reviewer will now name it the new king. I bet other than fan noise the difference is undetectable.

Nov 7, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #2,143 of 2,326
Has anyone tried watching TV or Movies with the Soloist 3X GT? If so, are the voices and staging accurate, or is the sound stretched wider than it should be?

I ask as when listening to music you never truly know where the instruments are, or what the acoustics should sound like. When you can see the scene in TV/movies you can know for sure where the sounds should be coming from and how each sound should be based on the environment/scene. Some amps sound absolutely sublime in music, but are inaccurate with TV/movies. When I read that the 3X GT has a very wide stage I get excited that the sound will be more speaker like (I want that!), but I worry that the sound could be artificially stretched and distant to create that large stage.

Nov 7, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #2,144 of 2,326
Has anyone tried watching TV or Movies with the Soloist 3X GT? If so, are the voices and staging accurate, or is the sound stretched wider than it should be?

I ask as when listening to music you never truly know where the instruments are, or what the acoustics should sound like. When you can see the scene in TV/movies you can know for sure where the sounds should be coming from and how each sound should be based on the environment/scene. Some amps sound absolutely sublime in music, but are inaccurate with TV/movies. When I read that the 3X GT has a very wide stage I get excited that the sound will be more speaker like (I want that!), but I worry that the sound could be artificially stretched and distant to create that large stage.
With planars it sounds speaker like, with a huge natural stage. Don’t know about movies, but with music everything sounds natural. Don’t forget the source, that is just as important as the amp itself

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #2,145 of 2,326
my sony connected via bluetooth to my fiio m15 to a tube buffer and the gt sounds amazing in my arya v2. Its a huge bubble of sound around me. But with the susvara is more evident the limitation of the bluetooth, and the soundstage isnt as big. I think arya escales more than susvaras because they are more sensitive.
But as i said before i don t think the gt could get the 100% of the susvaras in terms of scaling. For other cans i would say the gt is great for movies because its power can compensate low line levels. But it can fatigate too, thats why i use the tube buffer that softens the highs, and add that realistic tone and size to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back