Campfire Audio - Holocene and Mammoth
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #18 of 332
Jul 5, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #20 of 332
I'm more excited for these than pretty much everything CA has released in the last year.

It's odd how there's nothing out there except for the CA release; it seemed like there was some review embargo for the Satsuma and Honeydew with multiple reviewers releasing videos.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #21 of 332
The Biocellulose diaphragm seems very interesting indeed on the Mammoth.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #24 of 332
The Biocellulose diaphragm seems very interesting indeed on the Mammoth.
It is, it will probably sound like a Polaris 2, but with a fuller sound and more pronounced mids. The only issue is that the surface is prone to scratching, like other similar models. At least the two low tier models don´t have that, even though hard plastic construction.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 332
Am I the only one who thinks the Mammoth should’ve been the brown one? A missed opportunity or a deliberate design choice? 😆

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 332
So I've ordered the Holocene! I have been enjoying the Orion, Comet, Nova, and Ara IEM's as they all have a special place within my collection. I have been lamenting the loss of my Andromeda's every since selling them to fund another audio related purchase. I am definitely excited to hear the Holo's and see if they can best the Andro's for me. I know that my guilty pleasure IEM's would probably be found in the Mammoths but I always go back to a more reference sound. I just added the JH Audio x L-Acoustics Contour XO to my IEM stable and have enjoyed its reference tuning as well. Its just that Campfire Audio checks all the boxes most of the time by way of materials used, ergonomics, finish, looks, and most importantly sound. I have fallen in love with the Campfire audio sound because I can get gobs of detail, range, air while somehow keeping sibilance at bay.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #28 of 332
I also never got to hear the Jupiter's. I never was in a position to buy a pair on the used market either. I feel like the Holocene's might be a kind of circle back to what the Jupiter was touted to be back when it was the Campfire Audio's first flagship IEM. I just read the reviews of the Jupiter saying that it leaned towards a more balanced speedier sound.

I wonder if the Holocene has also been tuned without any crossovers in the signal path like the Ara whereas the Jupiter did use a crossover?

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #29 of 332
I love the Jupiter but the Andros were such a technical improvement it's little wonder the Jups were largely lost to time.

Am I the only one who thinks the Mammoth should’ve been the brown one? A missed opportunity or a deliberate design choice? 😆
Oh, 100% but the color names for the ABS shell IEMS also gave me pause so I'm going to blink a couple times and chalk it up to it's a "brand" thing, not what it is that matters.

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #30 of 332
2F740BDF-3782-49C1-AC86-E9F758EF0655.jpeg7F16AC32-3E9F-4757-8E6D-8B64E5E93BE8.jpeg

7C6B5ED5-88C2-4D9E-9AAD-6C11A8BFE0B6.jpeg

FD961DF5-6223-4EA3-80A9-F69BAC731A1F.jpeg

i had a quick play and an enjoyable listen of the Holocene yesterday.
it reminds me of the C/2019 Q4. (Holocene goes deeper? More control?).
But early days so far and a few more comparisons needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back