CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #61 of 688
  @Stillhart and @moedawg140, this looks like a good option for the CanJam London 2016 Karting Grand Prix! Very close to the hotel too!

https://www.team-sport.co.uk/go-karting-london-tower-bridge/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Local

As long as I can still drive on the right side of the track!

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #62 of 688
  @Stillhart and @moedawg140, this looks like a good option for the CanJam London 2016 Karting Grand Prix! Very close to the hotel too!

https://www.team-sport.co.uk/go-karting-london-tower-bridge/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Local

This place looks pretty legit, @third_eye!  I also like that there are hills as part of the course as well!  

I know another sport that I would love to see people compete in - a sport you and I may make finals in...and that's table tennis. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #63 of 688

lol, yeah i think we can arrange that!

I know another sport that I would love to see people compete in - a sport you and I may make finals in...and that's table tennis. 
beerchug.gif

For sure! But we may have to wait until the SF meet in July for that one. Not to forget foosball either!

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #64 of 688

...For sure! But we may have to wait until the SF meet in July for that one. Not to forget foosball either!

Yeah, I was definitely thinking about Wikia for sure.  Foosball is okay, but I like moving around and getting a real sweat going, so I prefer table tennis.

Bring your paddle(s), I'll bring the 3-Star Table Tennis balls, regulation net, and paddles (I'll bring an upgraded paddle for you as well in case). 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #65 of 688

Your right side is errr.......errrr..... is there a right side? LOL. I'll probably be left confused. Would love to finally Go Kart here though.

Alternatively, we could arrange for maybe paintball or like Thorpe Park/Alton Towers as a pre-CanJam event. Just putting this out.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #68 of 688
Yeah, I was definitely thinking about Wikia for sure.  Foosball is okay, but I like moving around and getting a real sweat going, so I prefer table tennis.

Bring your paddle(s), I'll bring the 3-Star Table Tennis balls, regulation net, and paddles (I'll bring an upgraded paddle for you as well in case). :bigsmile_face:  

Now we are talking, Table Tennis is my sport :)

But we don't have paddles in England, that is for canoeing! We have bats. Hope you don't mind I play with long pimples!

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #69 of 688
Now we are talking, Table Tennis is my sport :)

But we don't have paddles in England, that is for canoeing! We have bats. Hope you don't mind I play with long pimples!

Bats are for Baseball in the states!  Gotta love the language within the language!

As for long pimples - wow, those are usually tougher to play with, especially if used with a fast blade.  I own an Offensive Plus (Butterfly) racket with Chinese long pimples rubber, and it was just not a good match for me.  Best when I was like 10 feet away, but not good for close to the table play.  I use normal length pimples with my main racket, but I use the Tenergy rubber on one side (inverted pimples), for maximum spin and control.

Maybe we can get a few games in if a Table is nearby!  Edit: Bounce Farringdon (that holds World Championships/Olympic tables) is only 1.9 miles away from Park Plaza Westminster via A301...

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #70 of 688
Hotel booked! I just need to find out if my wife will join this time as well. She's not interested at all and just took a peek at the rooms this last August so I might just go full in by myself this time around.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #71 of 688

Bats are for Baseball in the states!  Gotta love the language within the language!

As for long pimples - wow, those are usually tougher to play with, especially if used with a fast blade.  I own an Offensive Plus (Butterfly) racket with Chinese long pimples rubber, and it was just not a good match for me.  Best when I was like 10 feet away, but not good for close to the table play.  I use normal length pimples with my main racket, but I use the Tenergy rubber on one side (inverted pimples), for maximum spin and control.

Maybe we can get a few games in if a Table is nearby!  Edit: Bounce Farringdon (that holds World Championships/Olympic tables) is only 1.9 miles away from Park Plaza Westminster via A301...

Have heard of Bounce, a new venture a few years back merging bar and TT, sounds interesting.

I have a blade specially made (in Germany) for the long pips I use (Grass D.Tecs no sponge) on the back-hand, slow control for drop shots. But fast on Forehand side for Yasaka Rakza7. Used Tenergy for a year, but too fast and unforgiving for me, and costly at £57 a sheet! Maybe hotel has a games room with a table although its not common in England!

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #72 of 688
Do we apply for forum badge here or does it need booking of event? Not quite sure yet whether can make Saturday or Sunday.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #73 of 688
Well we won't be staying at the Park Plaza, £169 for two was just about tolerable but that price doesn't include the VAT, they actually want £202.80! I'm surprised no-one else who's booked has commented on this. Since when do hotels in the UK quote rates exclusive of VAT?

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #74 of 688
  Well we won't be staying at the Park Plaza, £169 for two was just about tolerable but that price doesn't include the VAT, they actually want £202.80! I'm surprised no-one else who's booked has commented on this. Since when do hotels in the UK quote rates exclusive of VAT?

Yeah that area is a little pricy. Maybe a good option would be to stay somewhere else and tube in. Fast and easy.

Exclusive of VAT? First I've heard of it.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #75 of 688
I need the badge for 2016 too...please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back