Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Mar 30, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #5,807 of 6,366
Mar 30, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #5,808 of 6,366
Thanks brother. Loving the white LEDs on silver metal. Thanks @zach915m

Didn't listen yet. Nervous!

I can relate to that one. I blind bought so the first listen was definitely a suspense haha. Don’t worry you will love it. And if not, for sure tube rolling will get you there

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #5,809 of 6,366
Any break in period you guys recommend?

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #5,810 of 6,366
Im having an issue where when i turn the volume up, 1 channel goes up and then after like 4-5 seconds the other channel matches the new level. When I turn down the opposite channel turns down first and then the other channel matches after 5 seconds or so. Weird.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #5,811 of 6,366
Really enjoying the mid range on this amp over my modded crack. Sounds also more detailed, more 3d. I think it needs some burn in, sometimes i note a little bit of treble harshness and grainyness vs my crack.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #5,812 of 6,366
Really enjoying the mid range on this amp over my modded crack. Sounds also more detailed, more 3d. I think it needs some burn in, sometimes i note a little bit of treble harshness and grainyness vs my crack.
I have always found burn in to be needed. The capacitors have to form for one. I have measured new caps and the uF is even different after they are burned in, with it normally going up. Also the ESR can decrease with some time. And resistors change some. There is a lot going on. Some people believe in it and some done. I have compared new to burned in and can hear the difference. The volume control issues you are having sound like an issue, if it continues, Cayin would address.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #5,813 of 6,366
I have always found burn in to be needed. The capacitors have to form for one. I have measured new caps and the uF is even different after they are burned in, with it normally going up. Also the ESR can decrease with some time. And resistors change some. There is a lot going on. Some people believe in it and some done. I have compared new to burned in and can hear the difference. The volume control issues you are having sound like an issue, if it continues, Cayin would address.
Ok will keep listening and report back. I did message Zach about the pot issue.

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #5,814 of 6,366
Ok will keep listening and report back. I did message Zach about the pot issue.
I have a bit to share on this.

As @jamato8 has correctly shared, a new amp has several parts need to have electricity run thru them. When I purchased my MK2 in Sept. I too had a little channel imbalance for the first few weeks. In reality I couldn't hear it but the gauges told me it was happening. After 3-4 weeks it slowly disappeared. Maybe it was caps or transformers that needed to be burned in? I'm not sure. But it now runs in absolute harmony, all in balance.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #5,815 of 6,366
I have a bit to share on this.

As @jamato8 has correctly shared, a new amp has several parts need to have electricity run thru them. When I purchased my MK2 in Sept. I too had a little channel imbalance for the first few weeks. In reality I couldn't hear it but the gauges told me it was happening. After 3-4 weeks it slowly disappeared. Maybe it was caps or transformers that needed to be burned in? I'm now sure. But it now runs in absolute harmony, all in balance.

Ah I see. For me I see now its the right channel thats the issue. It basically lags behind the left channel with volume changes.. by 5-10 seconds sometimes more. Hopefully this will go away with burn in.

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #5,816 of 6,366
I noticed when i turn my impedence high my left channel cuts out totally even though the vu meter keeps going.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #5,818 of 6,366
Sent messages to Zach and Cayin. Zach suggested I swap the 300b and input tubes to see if the issue follows the tubes but it doesn't so guessing its not a tube issue.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #5,819 of 6,366
Sent messages to Zach and Cayin. Zach suggested I swap the 300b and input tubes to see if the issue follows the tubes but it doesn't so guessing its not a tube issue.
It's good you purchased it from ZMF.

Can't think of too many vendors that would give someone better customer service than Zach.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #5,820 of 6,366
It's good you purchased it from ZMF.

Can't think of too many vendors that would give someone better customer service than Zach.

For sure Zach is the best. Hes the Neo of hifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back