CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 18, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #7,891 of 31,833
I've been out of the chi-fi earphones game since the Hifiman RE0s (and the head-fi hype train surrounding them) disappointed me so much that I stopped looking at IEMs altogether for a long time.

But lately, I've jumped back onboard and bought some VE Monk earbuds (they're on their way) and am looking at IEMs again.

So what's the consensus these days if I'm looking at something similar to the KSC75 sound for IEMs? I've gone through the last 10 pages and it sounds like the Uiisii CM5s are a good pick. Anything else?

more like the KSC75 is the Tinaudio T2. similar bright signature, and airy presentation but also the same lack of (although still have better) isolation like the KSC75 and earbuds

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #7,893 of 31,833
I've been out of the chi-fi earphones game since the Hifiman RE0s (and the head-fi hype train surrounding them) disappointed me so much that I stopped looking at IEMs altogether for a long time.

But lately, I've jumped back onboard and bought some VE Monk earbuds (they're on their way) and am looking at IEMs again.

So what's the consensus these days if I'm looking at something similar to the KSC75 sound for IEMs? I've gone through the last 10 pages and it sounds like the Uiisii CM5s are a good pick. Anything else?
I would say that going with your first thought is a winner. The cm5 seems like the successor to the KSC75, at least in spirit if not in total sound signature.
It is a great sounding IEM with a consumer-friendly price. I still still feel kind of guilty for the amount of great sound I got for so little money...
There are a lot more low priced miracles these days, so the cm5 has a lot of really good competition. The twelve bucks are asking for it on Amazon makes it a no-brainer, though.

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #7,895 of 31,833
Hmm... Import and customs is 49$..

You can get it on Aliexpress too (which my understanding can slip in most countries without customs fees).

Also, I thought when something is less than a certain amount there is no customs fees? Isn't is like under $20?

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #7,896 of 31,833
You can get it on Aliexpress too (which my understanding can slip in most countries without customs fees).

Also, I thought when something is less than a certain amount there is no customs fees? Isn't is like under $20?

The Uiisii CM5 is $19.99 plus small shipping fee on Gearbest & $23.49 with freeshipping on Banggood - seems like the best price outside of Amazon.

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1133765.html
https://www.banggood.com/UiiSii-CM5...ol-Microphone-p-1197819.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #7,897 of 31,833
The Uiisii CM5 is $19.99 plus small shipping fee on Gearbest & $23.49 with freeshipping on Banggood - seems like the best price outside of Amazon.

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1133765.html
https://www.banggood.com/UiiSii-CM5...ol-Microphone-p-1197819.html?cur_warehouse=CN
Yes it is 19.99 on gearbest. When i heard 11.99 i got really excited.. Thanks for the links.

@Slater : not sure about the $20 limit but i have ordered more than that from gearbest without paying any duty. I don't know how international shipping works on amazon.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #7,899 of 31,833
I just got mine delivered this morning. Your observations are spot on.

All aboard the CM5 hype train! Which is well deserved imo especially considering sound quality vs price. Everytime I put mine on I can't believe that I paid 8.99 usd from Amazon with free prime shipping. Gonna get another pair for 11.99, still a massive.deal!!

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #7,900 of 31,833
Mar 19, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #7,903 of 31,833
Looks like AE is having a sale on 28th Mar. Tinaudio T2 will be at a discounted price (ard the same as 11.11) TFZ King Pro is also down by ALOT too (not too sure if its worth it to take the plunge). The NiceHCK Bro and the cannot be mentioned Pro is also at an attractive price.

Anyway, after listening to the **** 4in1 with the silver cables for awhile, at high frequencies it tends to distort abit and when i changed back to the Tennmak Pro (a huge contrast considering the soundstage), the trebles were smooth. No distortions. So i am wondering if i were to up my budget to around 150, what can i get for something that is light on bass, good soundstage and seperation, smooth mids, delicate highs with GOOD ISOLATION. T2 is kinda out as it doesnt isolate well enough on commute. Any suggestions will be good, thanks!

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #7,905 of 31,833
Looks like AE is having a sale on 28th Mar. Tinaudio T2 will be at a discounted price (ard the same as 11.11) TFZ King Pro is also down by ALOT too (not too sure if its worth it to take the plunge). The NiceHCK Bro and the cannot be mentioned Pro is also at an attractive price.

Anyway, after listening to the **** 4in1 with the silver cables for awhile, at high frequencies it tends to distort abit and when i changed back to the Tennmak Pro (a huge contrast considering the soundstage), the trebles were smooth. No distortions. So i am wondering if i were to up my budget to around 150, what can i get for something that is light on bass, good soundstage and seperation, smooth mids, delicate highs with GOOD ISOLATION. T2 is kinda out as it doesnt isolate well enough on commute. Any suggestions will be good, thanks!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ature-Detachable-Detach-MMCX/32849259889.html This is a crystal clear single BA earphone, I love it. Bass is light but vocals shine. comes with two cables one is 2.4mm balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back